Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Members

I think that was the point, though. The show was clearly invested in CC/Sophia as the rootable pairing. Lionel would have muddied the waters. And considering the history there, perhaps the writers thought that option would be insurmountable for CC/Sophia to overcome.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm certain that you are correct. However the show didn't really bother to have them actually get back together for years. They sort of just were in bed when they weren't with someone else. CC tried and she said No. She finally says yes, and he's with someone else. The. Chemistry was always off the charts, but if the show was just going to waste that, then they could have made it a better storyline. 

• Members

How did anyone believe that Mason fathered Tori’s kid? Especially once everything about Samantha became common knowledge knowing Chip was older than her. I know Eden questioned it briefly and Cruz seemed to want to be willfully ignorant but I just think it’s a hard sell for everyone to buy that Mason and Tori were secretly dating for months and sleeping together while he was also helping Julia father her kid. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Angela was one of the few 90s additions that I actually enjoyed but man, did they write her like the designated loser despite being young, gorgeous, and smart/calculating. Not to mention the actress had chemistry with everyone. She came on with that dud of a husband who only got with her after her sister, who he actually loved, died and then he was mooning over Julia and ignored her. Then she got with Warren who fell for BJ and they ended for that drip of a pairing. And later that cringey semi-love triangle with Ted and CC who were both in love with other women. She definitely could have been utilized better.