Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Members

Given the stories we heard about Augusta and Lionel’s marriage, I’m surprised Julia remained so close to him. I know there ended up being issues on both sides but they made it sound like a lot of her behavior started after he kept having affairs. I know she has her own issues with Augusta at times, but still. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

To be fair, even Augusta never hated Lionel.  She was a little vindictive toward him when he first returned to Santa Barbara, but as soon as the earthquake hit in the first summer, and Augusta was blinded, Lionel tried to romance her and stood by her side.  Most of their marital issues occurred off screen in order to facilitate the exit or re-entry of the actors.  So, Julia never really had a reason to hold a grudge against Lionel.  In the end, his charm and finesse outweighed whatever difficulties he had with commitment.

• Members

I also should add that Lionel's affair with Sophia started AFTER Augusta decided to run away with her mother to Europe. And it sounded like Augusta was not faithful during the trip. They both cheated, but their rule was - don't love the person. Lionel violated the rule by loving Sophia. But Julia knew that her sister wasn't Miss Innocent. I'm glad they didn't have her turn on Lionel, because they have a wonderful platonic vibe between them. And THANK GAWD they didn’t try to get them to hook up. I can accept Lionel with someone else, but NEVER EVER Julia. 

• Members

That's correct. CC's knowledge was: some random woman saved Cruz's life right as his oldest daughter died and is suddenly around all the time. She tried to buy the Orient Express and CC refused to sell. He finds out his daughter isnt dead. Rando woman is trying to kill his children. Rando woman has been shot and says Cruz killed me Daddy. Alex confirms it after she's dead. So, really other than giving Pamela a goodbye boink before sending her packing, CC did nothing wrong to Elena. 

Speaking of Pamela, why. WHY? I can sort of understand why Sophia is insecure. But these marriage problems are on her. She won. CC is hers. I really wish she would stop shrieking at him. 

• Members

Not that it was written this way, BUT, there's the old saying about how you get'em is also how you'll lose'em.  So, given that Sophia got CC after being with his brother and his enemy, perhaps she was afraid of how the universe would repay her?

However, Pamela was off her rocker from day one, and it was obvious that she would hold no appeal to CC, who didn't like her, or any of their kids, that much. 

Thus, I would have to attribute Sofia's insecurity to the lack of support that CC offered her during the trauma of almost loosing Eden.

• Members

Pamela was with Grant, not Sophia. But I do see the point. I thought they were trying to create a Blake/Krystal/Alexis type trio. But this trio falls flat because it doesn't gel with the 3.5 years of history we had with CC and Sophia. I just would have preferred a more natural conflict leading to the end of them. And I dislike screeching Sophia. She won't even let him apologize. She tells that she won't allow Pam to euin her family at the same time that SHE is the one throwing it away.

Then it was. Today is my day to make all decisions and I have decided. Lol

• Members

For those wishing for a modern re-boot it begs the question if either of CC's ex wives could board a plane from Europe to Santa Barbara in 2022 wearing either a hat with a thick veil to hide their face or a little old man costume with a voice changer?  I always assumed they traveled in those get-ups.

Or, if supply chain issues would inhibit Lionel's ability to ship a sarcophagus to his home?

Edited by j swift