Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Members

It felt like by the time the truth came out, it was about tying up the loose thread. Everyone’s reactions were so muted. I don’t know for sure but I assumed that it wasn’t the original plan for it to drag on and be ignored the way it did. Maybe there was too much going on with Cruz and Eden or the Julia/Mason/Tori love triangle got in the way of things. Had Mason/Tori been the couple and Mason was actively parenting Chip when the truth was revealed, I would guess it would put the 2 couples against each other and divided up the family. 

I think she overreacted during that reveal. Perhaps it was because she picked up on Julia being in love with Mason but it was a lot. The baby contract was unconventional but it’s not like they were together when it happened and Mason didn’t know Julia was pregnant when he married Tori. Honestly the only weird part of the story was that Mason wanted to have the kid the traditional way versus artificial insemination. 

Edited by Beach Climber

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This is going back to the earlier years but with Madeline Capwell’s murder, was her sister always intended to be the killer or did they change their minds as a way to write her off? I saw the David Laurent trial and the aftermath at the cabin and they made it pretty clear that he did it and was snowing Julia. None of these scenes make sense if he wasn’t the murderer.

Side note, I only recently saw the first few seasons because I didn’t start watching the show until 87. I can now see why Julia gave up on the traditional route and went with the baby contract. They gave her some whoppers for LOs pre-Mason.

Edited by Beach Climber

• Members

No, making Courtney the murderer seemed very stupid. They pointed everything at David. I do not know what happened, but tacking on the Courtney did it seemed very contrived and nothing more than a stupid way to get rid of her. Honestly, she could have just said, I'm moving back to the East coast. That would have been fine. 

Yes, Julia had awful taste in men. As charming as Jack Lee was, he WAS a cad. 

Not sure, but there are several pictures from a Facebook group. 

• Members

The whole story feels as if it was “inspired” by a film of the era called Jagged Edge. The set up is similar, guy is charged with the wife’s murder, there’s some questions about his innocence, his lawyer gets him acquitted, the real killer is found, they fall in love, then the husband turns out to be a dangerous. So, given the similarities it seems like the story was planned to fill the plot of the movie, which was a familiar writing strategy of that time in soaps

• Members

I’ve never heard of that movie but I looked it up and lol, yeah they ripped it off. The SL is way too similar. Socialite is murdered, husband is suspected, female lawyer reluctantly takes his case and falls for him despite not being sure of his innocence and after he’s acquitted  discovers evidence that indicates that he did it and he attacks her. 

• Members

Thank you Marissa Gallant for your answer! I'll try to enter in the limited group. 

My favourite storylines of SB were the wedding of Eden/Cruz, all the storylines of Eden/Zack/Cruz/Adriana, Kelly/Robert Barr/Quinn and also Elena.

The first episode I watched of this soap is the murder of Dylan by Kelly in self defence. a great story.

I hate how they ruin Eden/Cruz story. I didn't like the last 2 years. I watched them only because Kelly was here but I admit I'd liked Kelly would have a major role after Eden departures. Also I don't understand why Eden wasn't recasted. Probably Eileen Davidson could have been a better Eden than Kelly. Carrington Garland was a good Kelly. If producers keep Miss Garland and put Davidson as Eden could have been a better choice. 

Edited by veu100v
errors