Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, words CAN NOT describe how much I do not care about Tori. She just has that annoying wounded duck face all of the time and I want to smack it. I can't even say it isn't her fault that she's in this situation. She didn't HAVE to rape Cruz. She didn't HAVE to come back to Santa Barbara. She didn't HAVE to not take more acting jobs. Newsflash Tori- actress film while pregnant.  She didn't HAVE to set her cap on Mason and marry him. I just have no sympathy for her.

I felt more sympathy when Mason and Eden were on the docks and she asked if Mason was really the father. And he ran himself through the mud by asking if she ever knew him to be that selfless. Yes, Mason, you are. 

• Members

That's pretty cool. But I'm not sure my brain could handle it without constantly thinking, "That's not how Lane said it." 

Although, to be fair, the early CC/Santana abomination might be better with different, less icky, actors

And also, for the record, most Americans DO NOT LIVE LIKE THE CAPWELLS. I do not have a mansion, fly in a helicopter. I've also never tried to pass my baby off as someone else's. And- I just watched Julia try to assemble a crib while she was wearing a dress. I would never do that. Sweats pants and baggy shirts are proper "assemble a crib" attire.

• Members

Of all the actors here (am I supposed to add "and actresses here?") the lady who plays Sophia is the closest match! Also, I am guessing that is Eden wearing the same dress she and Gina both wore on that Halloween night when Eden almost "killed" CC.

Marissa, the show in Russia initially began with episode 217 (which is the one where Cruz reenacts Channing's murder) so this scene is supposed to symbolize the start of SB over there. The earlier episodes were shown later. 

Initially, Russia's RTV channel only bought the arc that is episodes 217-247 as a tryout to see if the show would stick. It actually wasn't THAT popular in the very beginning (early 1992). It was competing against a way more popular Mexican soap Los Ricos Tambien Lloran on channel Ostankino which began a few months prior also shown in a primetime slot

Is this supposed to be Cruz opposite the sobbing Sophia? Also who is supposed to be the bald guy? Marcello? And which one is Warren then? I think he was invited along with Augusta and Lionel

• Members

Sophia in black. Lionel face down on the floor. Cruz on floor. Mason by lamp, Ted next to him, Channing boyfriend between Kelly and Ted, Eden and CC on the couch, bald guy is Marcello, Augusta (looks like Louise Sorel) then Warren on the end. Santana behind Cruz.(Although Mason,,Ted and BF) might be in a different order. Completely blanking on bfs name

• Members

I have not gotten to where she's on screen yet, but from all those years ago I do remember when she was on she was on A LOT. I do not remember how she gets to exit. Is it one of those exits where writers don't know what to do with the character anymore? 

• Members

I haven't seen the scenes where she leaves yet but I do think she got tired of the hate mail. I think I read that in an article.

I've been taking a break from my rewatch and I think I'm going through withdrawal lol.

Will start again in a few weeks, although I was at the beginning of 1988 which isn't the best period. But I've never seen it.