Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I didn’t either. Maybe because they kept having to her go on about how she was glad she didn’t have to do this alone when she found out Julia was pregnant and she was the one who chose to lie to Cruz. Then when she figured out Mason was Julia’s baby daddy, she went off the deep rail trying to ensure that Mason had nothing to do with the baby and would offer no financial support to her. 

Her exit was leaving town for an acting job. It sounded temporary but she never returned. Her character was disliked but I think that’s expected when you come on as a foil for the show’s most popular couple and then she had the bad luck of Mason/Julia becoming popular since they turned her into the spoiler when it was supposed to be the other way around. Fans of Cruz/Eden and/or Mason/Julia made up a good portion of the audience. I also think she, like many others, floundered once she was moved away from the Capwells. The writers quickly lost interest in characters once they left that sphere. 

• Members

That is true. I do like that I have seen Lane do a few snippets of Shakespeare because of Tori. However, the character is just AHHHH- I want to smack her. I just saw the episode where she finds out about the baby contract, and she screeches Mason you're disgusting! And I'm like uh- you're a rapist, so are you really wanting to say,  I'm not good enough for you.

I think perhaps people hadn't let go of Augusta, so Caroline never stood a chance.

I'm really not enjoying the mystery illness, fever, virus with the special serum storyline. Maybe because of well, you know...