Jump to content

Santa Barbara Discussion Thread


dm.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
21 hours ago, j swift said:

The whole story feels as if it was “inspired” by a film of the era called Jagged Edge. The set up is similar, guy is charged with the wife’s murder, there’s some questions about his innocence, his lawyer gets him acquitted, the real killer is found, they fall in love, then the husband turns out to be a dangerous. So, given the similarities it seems like the story was planned to fill the plot of the movie, which was a familiar writing strategy of that time in soaps

And it would have been FINE IF they had left it at David is the murderer. They went over the line into stupid when they made it someone different several months later when it wasn't even a story anymore.

1 hour ago, amybrickwallace said:

Right now, I feel like watching the Christmas episode with Mason as Scrooge. That was 1985, if I'm not mistaken. 

You are correct. 86 is Gina and It's a Not So Wonderful Life Because You're Here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
22 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

Yup! I wonder what the plans were for the character had Joel Crothers lived.

It seems to me - and it's still fresh in my mind as I watched this just a few months ago - that Jack Lee was supposed to have been in a triangle with Eden and Cruz but this was changed after Joel Crothers's death and they brought on his son, Kirk, instead. For a few weeks, while they weren't sure what Joel Crothers's status was gonna be, they had his assistant, whose name escapes me now, who followed Eden everywhere while she was settling into her role as Daddy's replacement at the helm of the company.

Edited by Lex S
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 hours ago, Lex S said:

It seems to me - and it's still fresh in my mind as I watched this just a few months ago - that Jack Lee was supposed to have been in a triangle with Eden and Cruz but this was changed after Joel Crothers's death and they brought on his son, Kirk, instead. For a few weeks, while they weren't sure what Joel Crothers's status was gonna be, they had his assistant, whose name escapes me now, who followed Eden everywhere while she was settling into her role as Daddy's replacement at the helm of the company.

I think you're right. Then they shifted it very quickly to Kirk the Jerk. But I have a hard time picturing that actually happening based on the Jack character we knew at that point. 

7 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

I had forgotten that. Thanks.

You're so welcome 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I have so many questions about Elena. Is she legitimately trying to help Brick find Johnny? Because I would think Sophia would be on her list and by extension Sophia's illegitimate child. Also- about the baby napping ring. Serious misfire here regarding Gina. No way in hell would Gina be so callous about baby selling. None. I don't even like Gina and I still call bullshit. She doesn't like Brick, but she wouldn't be all "So what, baby selling. La dee da. Oh, when it was MY baby it was bad, but otherwise its just people trying to make a buck." I'm over this storyline. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 12/20/2021 at 3:26 PM, Marissa Gallant said:

Chip has been born. Tori is traipsing all around town with him. Judith McConnell is cute with him. But Jed Allan is melt my heart adorable with him!

But it made zero sense where CC is concerned. Jed probably did love interacting with the baby (and he seemed to interact with Erin Moore's Samantha in the show's final years when Mason, Julia, and Samantha were living at the Capwell mansion!), but considering the baby was a reminder of what Tori did against his beloved Eden, while he shouldn't hate the baby [as poor Chip was innocent], I think he'd be more constrained/reserved.

Especially since he did play it as such with Julia/Samantha in the beginning, and Samantha was his granddaughter, too.

Edited by Wendy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 12/24/2021 at 3:28 AM, Wendy said:

But it made zero sense where CC is concerned. Jed probably did love interacting with the baby (and he seemed to interact with Erin Moore's Samantha in the show's final years when Mason, Julia, and Samantha were living at the Capwell mansion!), but considering the baby was a reminder of what Tori did against his beloved Eden, while he shouldn't hate the baby [as poor Chip was innocent], I think he'd be more constrained/reserved.

Especially since he did[/b] play it as such with Julia/Samantha in the beginning, and Samantha was his granddaughter, too.

But as soon as Tori foisted Chip off on CC the first time, CC was all, "Tori, you're family. Mason how dare you cheat on Tori, she's so dreamy. You are a Capwell, and we will protect you."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 hours ago, Marissa Gallant said:

But as soon as Tori foisted Chip off on CC the first time, CC was all, "Tori, you're family. Mason how dare you cheat on Tori, she's so dreamy. You are a Capwell, and we will protect you."

That honestly never tracked for me. I think they wanted more angst for Julia and Mason to have people be against them other just Tori and CC was an easy option because he already had all of those issues with Mason. The rest of the Capwells were close to Julia or pretty friendly with her so they wouldn’t be opposed to her and Mason. Tori conspired to steal Cruz away from Eden and CC knew the kid wasn’t Mason’s so why did he really care if they stayed together as long as the secret was kept from Eden? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy