December 17-21, 2007

Toups

• Members

WOW! Something's not right as "Guiding Light" has more viewers than AMC and OLTL and yet they get lower ratings. The daily viewership is yet mind-boggling as well when on Thursday GL got a 1.6 rating with 2.4 million viewers as OLTL got 1.8 with 2.1 million viewers--shouldn't it be the other way around??????. Talk about fuzzy numbers!!!!!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At least Days is not in last place. ABC is a hot ass mess. What's going on over there. As much praise as I've read about RC why is OLTL hitting lows these last few weeks

Days has been awesome these last two weeks. It scares about Dena coming on. Just when Days was getting there feet on the ground this bitch comes along and messes it up. My only question is why is Ed Scott letting Hackley make all these changes

• Members

The fact is these ratings are bad. And I don't say that just because of the HH's or the Demos but because of how many viewers have left in comparison to last year. Y&R has the best viewer retention but the show has still lost nearly 200,000 viewers. B&B has lost 240,000 (earlier this year it was closer to half a million) so it seems that their audience has returned somewhat (or like the new creative staff the returning viewers were actually Y&R refugees)

DAYS has lost more viewers than any other soap and it remains to be seen if the Ed Scott revival will bring enough of them back.

The ABC soaps: GH, AMC and OLTL have all most close to 500,000 viewers or more and those viewers aren't going to be back as the ageist trend on ABC continues.

The P&G soaps have also lost a tremendous amount of viewers but less than the ABC soaps or DAYS so they look good in comparison.

• Members

It does seem ALL the soaps are losing ratings big time. Esp ABC these last few months. It's like the rest of the soaps will be taking a ratings slide just like Days did last year. Days is still up a bit. GL and ATWT remains somewhat steady too though with writing changes over there I wonder how things will pan out. Whitesell imo sucks!!

• Members

I"m not a DOOL viewer but over Christmas I was visiting relatives who are and caught a bit of it. It was a pleasant surprise.

ABCD deserves what it is getting and that includes OLTL. Jess already said it but I join her in not feeling the OLTL love.

• Members

Hi Cal. I hope things are well with you. I found DOOL very enjoyable, particularly during the holidays. As I said in my previous post, it has people interacting who should be interacting and every character has a storyline. Ed Scott, is really doing a good job IMO. I don't watch it every day, but do enjoy it when I tune in.

As far as OLTL, I guess to those people still watching, it is the best show on television. In my opinion, it's ratings are well-deserved.

• Members

Hi Jess. Hope all is great with you. I don't know enough about DOOL to know who should be interacting but it was still enjoyable. I guess that says something. Life in general has me busy these days. I tend to check out YR if I check out any soap. I don't know what to say about OLTL other than reading in the news section that Margaret is making a return doesn't inspire a desire to run to ABC.

Archived