December 17-21, 2007

Toups

• Members

Hmm...the holidays always tend to play a role with shopping and all so maybe that played a role for CBS. Actually, the numbers for everyone looked pretty bad at the end of the week but Days, who actually gained on Friday which is a good sign for them. I still think Days had to backtrack sometime and I am just glad it's minimal.

I feel horrible for B&B and OLTL.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

you do realize the writers are on strike right? has it ever occurred to you that GH along with other soaps has scabs writing for the show? and yes GH is special because it has the mob aspect. and the shootem ups. the shootouts...do you see any other soap that does that? NOPE..that's why it's special.

• Members

i Agree. Claire Labine was the greatest HW in soap history. but things change..soaps have to move on to bigger and better things..the mob. even though some people hate the violence that it brings to there gene..it's the only aspect that will bring in veiwers in the long run..it's the only thing that will keep GH alive and kicking.

• Members

Has it ever occurred to you to LOOK AT THE GH CREDITS? Guza's outlines are still running on GH and GH wasn't affected by the strike until late last week. These are still his ideas and stories that are running on the show....

How old are you, 12? Maybe that's why it's special to you, but not to me. Did you watch GH when the mob aspect wasn't so dominant and there wasn't a predictable mob war ever 3 months?

• Members

Wow! Now this thread got interesting! Shout outs to Ryan & shawnPerez for all the bellylaughs.

I can't comment about GH because I don't watch it. Never have really. The only soap keeping me watching these days is.....well, Days. Here's hoping they soon turn a ratings corner.

• Members

bitch don't disrespect me. I'm a 21 grown ass man..i been watching GH since the heydays of Brenda/Sonny..and stone dying of aids. i watched the mob grow on GH from the very beginning..that's why i love it so much...and did you just say..'The Mob Wars" on GH is predicable? let me explain something to you about predictability..first of All...without spoilers. you wouldn't know a damn thing. second of All...so you're saying it's predicable to know the outcome of Sason winning? that's not what i call predicable..anyone can make a simple guess like that. of course they'll win..it's the drama/action to know what will happen next..the fallout of the mob war. and how it effects the people around them. being predicable is knowing something that you think will happen..but never do..for Example. i can say. Liason will get together and split up after a few months..am i a psychic? or is it common sense to know that this is a soap opera. and couples don't last forever..same can be said for the mob. of course Sonny/Jason wont lose. there contract players..like i said. it's the Action and shootouts that i enjoy.

• Members

You mean casting and directing, right? :rolleyes:

Any character not related to the mob plots is marginalized or turned into a total fool, like Robin, Luke, you get the picture. Wasn't GH better when it was called The Sopranos?

Are you really citing AMC as an example of a show that isn't so bad despite its low ratings? :o

• Members

Ok, shawn Perez, language like that will not be tolerated at SON nor will disrespecting other posters.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that needs to be respected. Debates can become heated and that is understood but there is no need to use language like that.

Now, let's stay on topic and be respectful. :)

• Members

Consider yourself reported to the mods. :)

Um, maybe because it's always the same story over and over again, just with new actors? A new mob boss of family comes to Port Charles and moves in on Sonny's "territory" and they do battle and Jason and Sonny always win in the end. It's not rocket science, you know. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

What fallout? After every mob war, Sonny and Jason move on like nothing's happened and as if they've done nothing wrong....

And like I keep saying, that's YOUR (not you're) opinion, the rest of us have the right to disagree.

• Members

Thanks Lskreet for the ratings. :) I am glad to see Tuesday's show the highest. It featured the Hughes(Tom, Kim, Bob and Chris). I am a bit disappointed in the drop. But it was expected. ATWT had been going up the last 3 weeks. I knew it would be hard to maintain the 2.4.

• Members

So the ratings remained the same the day Kaiden had sex and dropped when Zach & Greenlee were rescued. :D

AMC

Monday 2.0

Tuesday 2.0

Wednesday 2.0

Thursday 1.9

Friday 2.0

Hopefully this will mean the end of Zzzzendull!

• Members

I think 2.4 is above average and pretty good these days. ATWT is doing well, and I never watch it so my hat is off to that show. Soaps have reached the point now where it's the same viewers just switching channels.

Back onto DOOL. I really believe the show is good now. It seems to be using the entire cast and people who you expect to have conversations and be together in scenes are having conversations and being shown together in scenes. I know that I will see people I enjoy every week and probably a couple of days. I think Tom Scott has made a big difference on that show.

Archived