December 17-21, 2007

Toups

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do not see it as hypocrisy when soaps get criticized pretty much equally with some receiving more and deservedly so and most people here can take the heat and deal with criticism rather than blow a gasket over it.

I see a lot of shots at AMC and it does deserve it because the show is not doing well right now....the 2008 previews look promising so I am hoping, aside from the Sean/Hannah spoiler, that it will improve and perhaps we get new head writers

• Members

I actually have watched GH for many years and I have a problem with this comment. Why is it that GH needs the violence to be kept alive they survived for many years without it. Maybe I'm wrong but as far as I'm concerned shouldn't good stories be what brings and keeps viewers? I am all for action and adventure stories GH has been known for these for years, but I think that people see that they are recycling the same plot line over and over again and this is what is turning people off. JMO

• Members

Exactly...I see a lot of AMC criticism, to which it deserves. The only good thing I can see out of B&E stint as head writers would be the crash story (before it got into revenge), Aidan/Greenlee (I know you do not like them and for that I am going to be forced to hunt you down and slice your head off. KIDDING! :P), Ritchie, and adding diversity with Dre, Quinton, Jesse, and Angie.

• Members

I have to agree. I think this is the first person I have run into at a message board that wants more violence on soaps...that is very rare since viewers tend to want romance, action/adventure, suspense, family oriented and social issue storylines. I am not saying this is bad but it is interesting

• Members

Your argument holds no merit because IMO it's not true. I don't know if you actually read the other posts at SON, but people are ALWAYS bitching about something. I'm kinda glad SON's GH fanbase has dwindled over the past couple of years. If you think the bitching is bad now? It was a hell of a lot worse back then.

It's clear that no matter what anyone says to you, you're going to believe that only poor GH is "picked on" at SON. It's not the case. I know it's true, and so do many others. But you have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to mine. I respectfully disagree with you.

• Members

GH has had the mob on screen since the early 70s, it just wasn't the focus or exploited like it has been over the past 10 years. Luke Spencer when he first debuted was involved with Frank Smith and the reason Luke and Laura were on the run for many years. But it seemed around 1997 is when the mob became the focal point of the show and it's been that way ever since.

GH has a HW who likes to blow things up, he likes to write from plot point to plot point, he likes that Sonny and Jason win at everything and God forbid they look stupid or be made an ass - he can't have that so it's quickly turned around at another character's expense.

There are many reasons why I hate this show and why I am bitter, and I suppose the Internet exposure has tainted my views of GH - but then again, it isn't just me who has tuned out. MILLIONS of viewers have over the past year and I just have to wonder why they tuned out, if as some say, GH is the best soap on Daytime television?

Believe it or not, there are fans are fed up with the way the show is written and the backstage politics. They are fed up fighting an uphill battle to get a damn payoff for their favorites, they are fed up with the fab quartet being front and center and forget all of the other 65 people on the roster. And I suppose many are fed up with the newbies getting contracts while 30 year vets are being fired. But then again I guess to some that doesn't matter as long as mob violence reigns supreme. :rolleyes:

But then again .. what do I know, I'm just a Days fan. <shrugs>

Archived