December 17-21, 2007

Toups

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Riiiiiight two people who haven't been together in over 4 weeks are bringing down this show, sure.

The Greenlee redemption bus that has YET to run out of gas is eating this show ALIVE.

Compared to other couples, Zen are pretty much on the backburner. They have YET to get a storyline that isn't propping someone else.....

LMAO oh Ryan will get more screentime when his Green Butterfly returns ;)

• Members

Ahhh now those were good times. I have to disagree about Sonny/Brenda. Never liked them and I found him abusive towards her....but outside of Brenda, I loved Sonny. Watched the show from 1993-1997 (day Sonny arrived and the day he left) and in 2002 when Brenda returned just to see if it would be interesting and it was not so I quit again...I have seen the Sonny of 2002 to present in watching and reading recaps and, unfortunately, the character is now scum and needs to go.

• Members

That is exactly how I feel about GH...I watched it for four years from 1993-1997 and liked some stories (Sonny outside of Brenda, Luke/Laura, Monica's breast cancer, Stone/Robin and Stone battling AIDs, BJ's death) but other than that I was just not that interested...then it still got rave reviews from 1998 to the present and I just do not see the big thing (of course they also get negative reviews, which they deserve for trying to be the next Sopranos. There is only one Sopranos show and GH will never measure up to it). Even when it was at the height of its glory in the 80s, I did not find it that great of a soap...relied too much on action adventure plots rather than basic soap elements to be popular. Obviously it was very good in the 80s but not to the point of which it was touted.

However, I am like you and won't come down on people if they are a fan of GH...because we all have opinions.

• Members

It is not special if it glorifies violence and refuses to dive into romance, social issues, family oriented stories, and have a sense of humor. GH tries too hard to be like The Sopranos....and there is only one The Sopranos show and GH can try as hard as they can but they will never measure up to that great series.

• Members

Oh please give me a break. Do you honestly expect me to believe you? I'll give to you that maybe a FEW people complain here and there about a soap. But its CONSTANTLY..."OMFG GH is all mob" or "OMG GUZA HAS GOT TO GO!" or "OMG GH LOST 0.1 IN THE RATINGS! YEAH BABY! ROCK ON!"

Sorry but thats classless and pathetic really. I don't wish that on any other soap and frankly I could care less how the other soaps are doing. If they do bad then so be it. If they do good kudos to them. Just so long as GH is doing fine I'm all happy and dandy. And if GH has a weak week or so I'm also cool because I know it will bounce back eventually.

My problem is that people seem to ge turned on by the fact that GH droped a small amount from one week and are all of sudden in some fantasy land where GH is in danger of cancellation or something in addition to Guza being fired.

SO my response to that is obviously going to be to point out the hypocrisy and SELECTIVE vision that some posters seem to be experiencing. Tell me again why no one is crying about AMC or OLTL? Or GL? Or even DAYS!?

WHY is GH the focuse of the SON Roast this week?

Please keep tapping "Queen"...

I'm just sure it will get you somewhere just like all the GH bashing is somehow miraculously gonna cause GH to drop to last place in the rankings.

And really I honestly don't care how long you've been watching soaps and I'm NOT trying to have a contest on just who is "America's or SON's Most Experience General Hospital Viewer".

@ Shawn

LOL...."grown ass man" PREACH IT!

Archived