December 17-21, 2007

Toups

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

this is coming from a person that places passions in second place is laughable...and you say GH needs a new writer? HAHAHA. JER was the worst writer ever. he got passions canceled twice and you place passions in second place? saying GH needs a new HW? HAHAHA. that's All i gotta say about that.

• Members

:lol: You're the best Ryan. I can't bring myself to wish for low ratings. I have this fear TPTB are just going to say &^*( it! And the show will be off the air before anyone else can have a chance to save it. If 2.2 isn't going to bring us a change, I don't have any faith that 2.0 will. I think that just might buy us an end.

As far as bad asses go, who on GH is a bad ass? Mob stories aren't all that interesting when the show tries to sell the mobsters as the good guys. I think the mob on GH would be a lot better if Sonny and Jason were actually allowed to be bad and do the things mobsters do. People would still like them, if they were written with complexity.

• Members

exactly my point. you haven't been watching GH for the past 10 years to know the mob history...otherwise you would know that Jason/sonny were bad guys of PC before..but since they became very popular with fans. the writers changed there characters around...they are still badasses. along with Jerry/Trevor/Johnny/Sonny/Jason...not to mention the ride or die chicks of PC..to many to name..but that's just an example of the villains of GH..DOOL has a punk ass like Stefano/EJ...GH is full of straight killers..not just two weak ass foes like Stefano/EJ...oh and how can you say the mob stories are not that interesting?..look at my video. and tell me that..whenever a mob war hits PC..that's when it truly blows anything out of the water..especially soaps.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=26...h&plindex=1

• Members

No offense, but people could take the same stance towards you. Not everyone finds mobsters deemed the moral compass of the show, who have a band of kool-aid drinking worshipers following them around sucking their ass through a straw, entertaining either.

• Members

Thanks Lskreet!!!

This thread is a war zone.... :lol:

Sad that B&B fell, it deserves to stay in the 3.0 territory because it's so good right now...

Y&R is on a creatively upswing since Latham's been gone, hopefully they'll increase for last week and this week.

ABC....is just a disaster.

It looks like Days might be leveling off and going back to their pre-December ratings, I really don't know.

• Members

Wow. :rolleyes:

I agree that the only reason I want to see GH hit record lows, as it did last week, so there can be a regime change. Obviously they don't listen when longtime fans write in.

One thing that really puzzles me about Sonny and his band of mobsters, what are they really exporting and importing? What are really in those crates? :lol:

• Members

Well... I'm a "new" GH viewer - started watching November of 06, and I sure didn't get interested in the show by watching one day or even one week or month. The only reason I watched to start with was because it was on soapnet just before Days, so I was catching the last few minutes for a good while. Honestly I wasn't seeing anything - and for sure not anyone - that interested me enough to watch the entire show. Then I caught a scene with Alexis in the hospital where she was refusing chemo for lung cancer - and since my father had been diagnosed with it t, I paid attention. Even with the personal incentive for watching, I still wasn't anywhere near hooked and didn't start really watching until some time in the new year.

So I started watching GH due to a coincidence and even now I don't have any characters or couples that I absolutely love or feel emotionally invested in. I mean I do like some better than others but none have reached out and grabbed me, and I for sure don't have the loyalties etc that long time viewers have. And I like some of the newer character better than those that have been on the show for a long time.

GH seems to have a knack for bringing in talented actors and I do love the action so I'm still watching. Days, on the other hand, has a few actors - and characters - that have instant appeal and the DiMera drama surpasses any of GH's sweeps material. And just seeing a actor like James Scott... well that's enough to make me stay on a channel and hearing his voice would be the clincher. Add JM, Thaao and good writing to the mix and, for me, Days tops any show that's on - daytime or at night.

As for the two days where Days ratings were down, well I sure didn't find those episodes interesting so I guess I'm not surprised others didn't either. The only scene that hit me as "good" was Stefano with the president of whatever country; but EJ holding that gun and his "bang, bang, lucas" - that was hot, funny in a wicked way and absolutely must see tv :)

• Members

Ummm...who are you to say how long someone has watched GH?

Jason was never a "bad guy" before meeting Sonny. He was the golden child of the Quartermaine family, a guy who could do no wrong.

And unlike NOW, Sonny was portrayed as a bad guy who was conflicted. It wasn't until some "genius" decided to make Sonny & Jason mobsters with a heart of gold did the show take a serious nosedive.

How are Jerry/Trevor villains when they essentially do the exact same thing that Sonny & Jason do? Oh yeah, because the show deems Sonny/Jason as the "good" mobsters, and everyone else is just wrong. GMAFB.

Yeah, Jason is a bad ass. Roughing up women, threatening to kill them when they don't do what he wants (i.e. Alexis, Sam, Faith). On any other show, he'd be a villain. But this is GH. The show where you boo when the police dare to have the audacity to do their jobs and arrest Sonny & Jason for being criminals.

If you're gonna try to throw history in someone's face, at least know wtf you're talking about.

Jason a badguy....HA. Michael Corinthos at 11 is more of a threat than Jason Quartermaine EVER was.

Archived