December 17-21, 2007

Toups

• Members

And here are those ratings from ABC just in a prettier format...

Daytime TV Ratings: December 17-21

(compared to last week/compared to last year)

Women 18-49 Rating

1. The Young & the Restless 1.7 (-.3/-.2)

2. General Hospital 1.5 (+.1/-.4)

3. Days of Our Lives 1.3 (-.1/-.5)

4. All My Children 1.2 (+.1/-.3)

4. As the World Turns 1.2 (same/+.1)

4. Bold & the Beautiful 1.2 (-.2/-.1)

4. One Life to Live 1.2 (same/-.4) [ties low rating]

8. Guiding Light

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since you want to bring up the whole "last year vs this year argument I'll direct your attention the bolded numbers from jhc's post regarding the ratings. Lets see...I see that Y&R is down from last year. So is Days. So is AMC. So is OLTL. So besides GH 4 OTHER soaps are DOWN from LAST year. TWO of them are down by the SAME amount or higher.

Remind me again why everyone is bashing GH when its #2 is the most important Demo for the ratings and it increased by 0.1 in that demo from last week?

Frankly I could care less about what happened a whole year ago. 2007 is not 2008. A lot happens in a year. If you expect everything to be the same when it comes to the ratings then you're probably waiting for a miracle.

General Hospital is the best soap on Daytime Television right now and while there might be some decisions/recent events that I don't agree with or like overall the show is excellent and I don't think the ratings it got are somehow an indication that GH is headed for cancellation or that Guza will be fired all of sudden. I mean ATWT fans were and continue to b*tch about Jean P (or whatever "clever" moniker they've come up with during the last month of so) for over 2 years now and STILL shes the headwriter. IF she's still in place at ATWT why in the world would Guza be gone when GH continues to do well and retain its high ranking in the soap ratings?

• Members

'NeoAngelicLiz i Agree with everything you said..also it's funny that ATWT is hanging bye one couple that seems to be popular with fans..other then that. ATWT would be at the bottom of DOOL in ratings...but when it comes to GH..All the characters are intriguing someway or the other. we have characters that are equally entertaining and fun to talk about...with that being. i made a video tribute to the mob on GH..maybe for those of you that don't watch GH you guys can understand why us fans say it's number one...if anyone has a video of there soap to top mine..then post it. i'll be happy to see it..untill then check out my video..it might be long..but believe me it's worth every second.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=26...h&plindex=1

• Members

So what? I highly doubt TPTB are going to keep GH on the air just because every other show is going down in the ratings too. Being near the top of a losing list is nothing to be proud of. Seems much more likely they will just chuck the whole lineup and go with talk shows that cost less and actually produce revenue, if this trend keeps up.

Probably because it sucks. BAD.

Which might matter if you made programming decisions. I feel pretty sure the people who make those decisions care, since it's money out of ABC's pocket.

All I can say is, we have VERY different standards.

• Members

people are ignorant. they don't know what they like so they bash....DOOL is at 2.0. OLTL is at 2.0. AMC is 2.1..just because a soap is down on ratings doesn't mean it sucks..GH is tied with ATWT 2.3..but GH blows ATWT out of the water in terms of writing and entertaninment..GH doesn't deserve these ratings like other soaps do. namely B&B/Y&R..those two soaps are boring as hell...if GH isn't a top notch soap..then i don't what is...GH is definitely a fantastic soap...bye the way did you see my video? then again. like you said. you have different standards..so don't say something sucks if you don't watch the show. i bet you you're a DOOL watcher..that's makes it even more laughable that you are bashing GH.

• Members

Ok....time out everyone.

It's okay to defend our favorite soaps, however, let's all be careful not to go ballistic when it comes to the opinions of others. Truth is, all soaps are down in quality these days, that's just the way it is. However, we must remember that everyone is entitled to their opinions. What one person likes, isn't necessarily what another person likes.

I've never been a fan of GH and have always found it to be highly overrated, however, I'm not going to jump down someone's throat if they don't like what I have to say about it.

So let's all turn it down a notch before this debate gets out of hand.

• Members

And the only thing you can say is that you are very focused on bashing one soap unfairly when most if not all soaps are doing relatively worse this year when compared to last year.

In short people are fickle.

It may be a "losing list" as you said but bottom line is that GH is towards the TOP of that list and that means its suceeding relative to the other soaps out there. And its not losing as much money as GL probably is or ATWT or God forbid Days must be....

• Members

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

Latest Ratings December 17-21, 2007

1 Y&R 4.1

2 B&B 2.8

3 ATWT 2.3

3 GH 2.3

5 DOOL 2.0

5 AMC 2.0

5 OLTL 2.0

8 GL 1.9

ABC