December 17-21, 2007

Toups

• Members

Georgie Jones' death and funeral was on General Hospital that week. Kristina Wagner (Felicia Jones, Georgie's mother) returned. I wonder if the viewers tuned in for this? I guess we'll find out in the next week or two.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Ummm.....okay......LOL What does DAYS have to do with my comments about GH? Are you using that elementary school tactic: since you bashed my show, I'll bash your show. :huh: Well, I have to admit, you have succeeded. It felt like I was (to quote Bon Jovi) shot through the heart. :(

• Members

So, here are both sets of ratings we know so far with their changed from last week & last year...

(compared to last week/compared to last year)

Household Rating

1. The Young and the Restless 4.1 (-.1/-.2)

2. The Bold and the Beautiful 2.8 (-.2/-.3)

3. As the World Turns 2.3 (-.1/-.1)

3. General Hospital 2.3 (+.1/-.4)

5. All My Children 2.0 (same/-.4)

5. Days of our Lives 2.0 (-.1/-.6)

5. One Life to Live 2.0 (same/-.5) [ties low rating]

8. Guiding Light 1.9 (-.1/-.3)

Women 18-49 Rating

1. The Young & the Restless 1.7 (-.3/-.2)

2. General Hospital 1.5 (+.1/-.4)

3. Days of Our Lives 1.3 (-.1/-.5)

4. All My Children 1.2 (+.1/-.3)

4. As the World Turns 1.2 (same/+.1)

4. Bold & the Beautiful 1.2 (-.2/-.1)

4. One Life to Live 1.2 (same/-.4) [ties low rating]

8. Guiding Light

• Members

Wouldn't the total viewers be more than just the household rating times the # of households per ratings point? That would give you the total # of households but not the total # of viewers.

For example:

1966-1967--6,832,600 viewers; Household Ratings 12.7 ranked #1 out of 14 soaps

I thought ATWT had more viewers than this back then. I could buy 6.8 million households.

• Members

Don't feel bad. Hasn't Days been going down since the President of the network said it probably wouldn't be renewed in 2009? Anyway, GH was at 2.2 last week, so it's not like they are really out performing Days by much at all. Even though I think GH sucks right now I can't take joy in the shows downfall. I don't want to see it off the air, I just want to see a new writer get a chance.

• Members

I think what may be the conflict is when people, who admit they don't watch the show at all, say that it sucks and desevres the ratinsg it gets.

As far as I'm concerned, bash the show all you want. But, at least watch it somewhat so you know what is going on beofre you do it. :)

• Members

ok wait a minute. are you actually comparing DOOL to GH? what is this..GH is out performing DOOL in every aspect of the show. not only is DOOL...well dull. but the cheesiness of every single character on the show is not appealing..it's what makes GH cool. the soap is none cheesy. not to mention we have badasses that make Stefano look like Santa clause...compared to GH villains. and the characters..GH dominates DOOL.

• Members

It's not just DAYS fans. It's some soap fans in general. God forbid you think a show is bad/sucks/could be better, you're automatically deemed a basher/hater/fan of one of the lower rated soaps because you're jealous that "our" soap is "better". It's ridiculous.

One can say they don't like GH because of what's going on. You're then labeled "anti-couple/character/actor" and accused of never being able to say anything positive about the show. You hope the ratings are low because in theory, that would signify a change. You're then mocked and taunted when the ratings aren't low like you hoped. It's like that on many boards, especially SON. You can think what you want of a show, without taking anything away from someone else, but there are some who aren't mature enough to understand that. All you have to do is go back and read some of the comments in this thread to see what I'm talking about.

Archived