Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well, I'm a Roger fan, but in all fairness - all 3 of the big 3 have rabid unreasonable fans.  They all have fans who are crazy.  Djokovic has given everyone reasons to hate him but - all of the Roger and Rafa fans would be canaries singing a different tune and song if Rafa or Roger had done the same thing.  While they didn't, there are crazy blocks of fans for all of the big 3 that would have defended them.  

• Members

I believe with every part of my being, Rafa would have bowed out long ago.  He would have never caused this stir.  Federer always gets special treatment but this would not have happened with him.  They'd move all of the matches to the outskirts of Australia before Roger would even have to go thru this.  

Novak is an egomaniac who can't even think about bowing out gracefully.  He's not a good person.  He creates his rules and folks usually bend.  He is not bigger than the Australian Open or Australia.  Make a decision and toss his ass out of the country. 

The End!

• Members

TBH, Rafa and Roger would have just gotten vaccinated and be done with it. There would be no situation. I can't think of anyone else who would have tried these shenanigans.

As much as I dislike Tennys Sandgren, even he elected not to play, rather than risk running afoul of Australian laws and protocols. Even he doesn't have that level of chutzpah.

This is a situation very much of Novak's own making, don't forget that.

Like when Maria got busted for her unsanctioned use of Meldonium, Djokovic is the architect of his own demise in this situation.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I can't understand what this hearing is supposed to be about? The Australian minister of Immigration has canceled Djokovic's visa, which he has the power to do. It's not a human right to enter Australia to play tennis. Djokovic has broken the rules, his visa has been canceled, end of story.

• Members

Something about Due Process, yadda yadda yadda...

Would that those refugees got this level of "due process" and in such a timely manner.

In short though, it's the appeals process for Djokovic's lawyers. I guess they're determined to exhaust all possible options. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Well as a really long-ass analogy....It's kind of like wanting a hearing or having a hearing to see if the election was fair or not when there's no real evidence that it wasn't fair (and you still lost by 7 million votes and not all of those people were dead or ineligible to vote and elections in this country have never been proven to be unfair with the possible exception of one prior election that had outside influence via social media but you won that election so you didn't care)....and none of that would have mattered anyway and you can have Arizona and Pennsylvania too if you want them and the Democrats still win the election with 273 electoral college votes anyway).....this hearing is kind of like that.