Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't know why people are so shocked that Amanda Anisimova could win that match. As much as I love Naomi, based on what Anisimova has gone through in the last couple years, I knew Amanda would be hungry and based on how she handled Bencic, I knew Anisimova would be confident and coming to win.

I don't do draw sheets or predictions but, at the very least, I knew Osaka would have a fight on her hands with Anisimova.

• Members

I think I just hadn't noticed how bad the coverage is for ESPN.  I'd read posts on here during other tournaments but wasn't totally following matches as they were airing or being played.  But this is ridiculous.  Last night they were supposed to be on ESPN2...there was a college basketball game over-running, and it was a really big nail biter - the team was up by 12 points with a minute left.  So they stuck with that.  Finally cut over to Australia, and spent about 15 minutes talking and re-capping in the studio the upcoming matches.  All kinds of discussion, predictions, etc.  Then they cut over to a women's match IN PROGRESS and the first set was almost over.  I was like....MY GOD you people are IDIOTS.  You over-ran on basketball, and got to the studio and talked about Tennis for 15 minutes instead of showing a MATCH???????

Ahhh...OK.  Well, and I have just figured out - they're only going to show matches that have already been completed for the most part on Tennis Channel.  I saw matches going on/in progress and Tennis Channel isn't airing it.  I see the Shapo vs. Opelka match on and thought.   AH HA!  It must be over already and that's why they're showing it.  Checked results and yep, it was done yesterday or last night or whatever. 

Well it's all good to know.  Easier just to see what matches are in progress and watch the scores change online...no need to really watch.  I was wrong about my packages with ESPN.  I thought people meant matches were on ESPN3...and I see now that's not right.  They want that booty money for Plus even though they have multiple other channels they could air it on.  Not worth my time or money.  I'll wait and see who wins and read about which matches were good and save my time and watch them after the Open is over.  Really, what's the need to see it live anyway.  That's where they've pushed us as viewers and fans, so that's fine...still not paying extra for your service.  I'll watch it later.    And, I've figured this all out - with TC running Opelka and Shapo now - a re-run already - I see the Anismova and Osaka match looked good - so they won't show that.  We can look forward to - like yesterday - them re-running matches over and over...so they'll be showing Opelka and Shapo several times today.  Just trash, but funny that this is how it's going.

Edited by Fevuh

• Members

Mannarino can surprise folks sometimes. I don't know how he'll do in the next round but, if he's feeling good, he could give Rafa a match.

I'm still thinking about how much stock I want to buy in Karatsev, I will need to see more of what he can do in major tournaments over time before making any judgements.

He knows the potential. Before she got derailed by injury, her father's death and COVID, Anisimova was on a really strong and winning trajectory.

• Members

@DramatistDreamer

I don't recall her history.  Was she another one with a chitty dad?  

Felix and Danielle had some very impressive wins.  

I almost never have a kind word for Keys but I'm glad she's in a good head space to enjoy her game and play freely.  

Alize Cornball is impressive as well.  No Navaxx and I'm still enjoying the AO

Please register in order to view this content