Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A couple years ago, I seem to remember tournaments proposing changes happening with the majors, except as is usually the case, each major tournament set their own policy as to when the tiebreak set would kick in.

It was tested in doubles first, I think, before some tournaments adopted it in singles matches.

• Members

Wow - so I was just seeing the post about Medvedev saying the match was boring or that he was bored, then later apologizing for it.  I just don't like the way he looks, I'll be honest.  Said that in another post.  Kinda snakey, sneakin', and generally a di*k wad lookin' type.  

So I am awful...I'm waiting for him to get his as* kicked and my twitter account is ready.  For an (@) at, to Martina and Chris.  And tweet to him.  "Hope you weren't bored at least." 

• Administrator

I didn’t see the match, just some of the highlights……Shapo needs to find a way to control his emotions.  Even if he may or may not be right with the rules, you can’t let that get to you.  The skill is there but his mental toughness isn’t there right now. 

• Members

Australian Open: Peng Shuai T-shirt ban reversed after outcry (yahoo.com)

Seriously.  Not to compromise the safety and comfort of the fans...???  A damned t-shirt??  Tennis Australia is totally *ucked up.  I remember when there was a lot of talk about removing its Slam status and giving it to another tournament - after this year's messes - I know there was a lot of talk on Tennis Channel or ESPN about the strides the AO has made in facilities and prize money, etc. in recent years...which made me say 'damn how bad was it down under?'  I always thought of it as the least of the 4 slams, and I see now no wonder they tossed around the idea of giving a slam to another tournament.  I remember hearing once the Italian Open wanted it or something - and someone told me Indian Wells or Miami was really high on the list.  This story just makes me angry, I don't know what else to say.  In the words of the football show, "C'MON MAN!"