The Tennis Thread

• Administrator

Felix was up 2 sets and had a match point? Damn.  Out of Shapo and Felix, I think Felix will be the better player.   You can tell from their post match press conferences that he’s already a lot more mature than Shapo.  I think that will help him more quickly.  

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I’m sure he did.  What Novaxx is doing is/was stupid but Medvedev is also a prick, and it shows up once in a while.   It was likely his way obvious attempt to get some fans for himself for when Roger and Nadal retire.  I hope the most he gets out of it is that he was the one to lose to Nadal during Nadal’s big winning Slam.  And isn’t bored with the loss. 

• Members

Collins handed Swiatek the smack down and she did it without living up to her nickname "DanYell" 

Please register in order to view this content

Between having an Aussie in the Women's Final and an All Aussie Men's Doubles Final, I think the Australian tennis fans are feeling like not a thing is missing from this year's tournament for them.

Speaking of an Aussie in the Men's Doubles final, for someone who claims not to care about tennis, Nick sure looks like he cares... about tennis.

• Members

That seems to be the consensus among fans who watched the match. I didn't see it because there was no way in hell I was going to get up that early to watch a Keys/Barty match, especially knowing Keys' reputation for choking in big moments.

People are now comparing Keys to Dementieva but I don't remember Elena playing this poorly in majors. I remember in a Wimbledon match (QFs or SFs?) against Serena, she had a bit of a choke but it was a brief moment of constant pressure that Serena put on Dementieva's very shaky serves.

I just remembered by the time I was able to tune into that U.S. Open final against Sloane, I looked at the score and was glad I only had to watch a few games and of those few games, Madison couldn't put one ball in the court. I could only guess what the rest of the match had been like. And it's really become a pattern for Keys.