Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I want to see whatever shot they're talking about in articles.  One wouldn't let me play it (Eurosport?)??  A clip of the shot.  Something about Moutet thought a ball was long/out and stopped playing, and Korda stuck his racket out and it landed in as a drop shot.  Some discussions say it was a dirty move by Korda - but the way it's explained I think I don't understand.  Did someone call the ball out, and Korda kept playing and won the point...but the ball wasn't out but in instead?  Anyway, I don't understand.  But it sounded like Moutet didn't like Korda playing the ball or acting like he wasn't going to play it, but then did and won the point.  To (if that's the case) I would say the point isn't over until it's over and that's on you.  That and I read that Moutet took a selfie with fans before the tie break in the 5th set???  Yikes.  Hope the selfie was a good one, and the fan can save it under the title "right before he lost".  

• Members

Well, on the topic of lousy coverage...I had on Tennis Channel this morning, or ESPN2 or wherever it was on.  They were showing the Nadal Hannfman (SP?) match, which had already happened.  I just turned on ESPN2 because it said it's the Australian Open...and yay, we get to see Nadal and Hanfman again....rerun again.  Why bother????  WTH is going on?  Why not show another match of some kind.???  And then tonight loop Sportscenter all night long again and again.  I do not get this at all.

• Members

Novak Djokovic and his wife together control 80% of the stock
in Danish biotech firm QuantBioRes which aims to develop
a treatment for Covid-19 that does not involve vaccination.
According to the company's register, Djokovic and his wife Jelena own 40.8% and 39.2% of the company, respectively.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/jan/19/novak-djokovic-stake-biotech-firm-quantbiores-covid
Details from Reuters:
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/tennis/djokovic-bets-on-a-covid-cure-as-he-quests-for-tennis-history/ar-AASWpsl

• Members

Sounds bubbleheaded enough that he and his wife would be the main investors.  There is no treatment for SARS.  So this company would be doing what no one else ever has.  A treatment for everyone for SARS.  I would say the common cold but that's rhinovirus.  But same outcome and thought process.  They're basically investing in what would be Tylenol for Covid/SARS.  

• Members

Tennis journalists like Ben need to keep on Tiley to get him to answer these questions and then sports journalists need to succeed the tennis journalists, and then the mainstream journalists after that.

The people in charge of this sport are doing a grave disservice to the people who follow and support this sport. 

Speaking of which, are these folks greedy or what?!

• Members

LMAO at the Kyrgios/Medvedev match. After winning the match Medvedev waving goodbye to the rowdy fans and then booing him during the Jim courier interview..lol...Medvedev telling the fans to show some respect to at least someone

Please register in order to view this content