Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

World no. 1 Novak Djokovic has won his appeal to stay in Australia and the decision came down to his treatment upon arrival in Melbourne.

Authorities could further prevent him from staying in the country and latest reports suggest he has been arrested. That news has not yet been confirmed.

If Djokovic does stay he has a week to prepare for the Australian Open which starts on 17 January. He will be targeting a 21st Grand Slam win which would be a record in men’s tennis.

Novak Djokovic ‘arrested’ after winning appeal over visa, says father

Novak Djokovic has been arrested according to his father Srdjan Djokovic, report The Pavlovic Today.

The Serbian is at his lawyers’ office, with 7NEWS Melbourne reporting he is set to be rearrested.

The immigration minister retains the right for a discretionary call on Djokovic's visa, taking over from the home affairs minister running the court case.

• Members

Just as I suspected, that wretch is unvaccinated, walking around, engaging with children at events and spreading himself around. 

Released out of detention, unlike those detainees, some of whom fled for their lives, many who have been detained for years.

Craig Riley and TA has invited a full-on shítshow. 

Posting without further comment, just as a 411. 

• Members

The Australian government overplayed its hand, thinking they could make an example of Novaxx and it would distract from transgressions within government and discontent at home about the strict lockdowns. 

Tennis Australia look like damn fools, allowing players to think they could fudge the rules and they'd get in to play with a 'prior Covid infection,' wink-wink.

And now the whole thing is in tatters. The government may insist on Joker fulfilling a 14-day quarantine, and every tournament he now plays, he will  come up against vaccine mandate after vaccine mandate. But the constant fight will only reinforce his Jesus complex of being nailed to the cross for his 'beliefs.' His dad was already running his mouth last week about how "the world" doesn't want Serbia to win at anything and this is part of their unfair methods. Further reinforcing the persecution complex these people have dreamed up about themselves.

And this will only make Tennis Jesus dig his heels in about not getting vaxxed. I don't see him ever getting the jab.

• Members

I'm not a Novak fan really, but I agree with this. TA f*cked up with its promises to big-name players and the bending of rules by which they could enter the country. The government was licking its chops at a messy melodrama which would distract from its own bad press. All this could have been avoided, and the tennis world's most famous anti-vaxxer walked straight into a press trap.

• Members

I'm a Novak fan but I wish that jackhole would have been deported.  This would be over, his ego would be deflated a bit and he wouldn't become bigger than Covid and Australia.  This was a [!@#$%^&*] up of all [!@#$%^&*] ups so this man could win a slam?  Folks are giving up their lives on lockdown rules and he waltzes in with his anti science bs rewriting their rules?  This is sick!  

• Members

I actually posted about this a few pages back, but it is a reminder of Djokovic's privileged position and how he only has ever used it to benefit himself.

He may be a great player, but he's a horrible human.

The deadline to file for said exemption was December 10. TA will twist themselves in knots to try to make that Nadal/Djokovic title match happen, by hook and by crook.

• Members

About 50 years ago, when I was in high school (Yes I'm an older person) ... my dad was into tennis. He played for fun and not at a fancy place. He and I we watched matches on TV, and I learned the scoring terminology.  I remember watching Connors, Năstase, and other stars on TV.

My dad took me to a match in the early 1970s --
It was one of these matches at Longwood:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Pro_Tennis_Championships
This was kind of big deal for our ordinary family to get tickets.
So long ago, that I don't remember who I saw play.

But since then, I haven't followed men's tennis. 

Nowadays, I only follow women's tennis, such as Serena and Naomi. And even with women's tennis, I don't pay a lot of attention -- some but not a lot.

I don't even know most of the names of the current male tennis stars, LOL.

I rarely visit this thread. I didn't know any of the commotion about Novak until he kept popping up in regular news headlines.  So then I started reading in depth about his situation.  What an entitled a$$hole.  

It brings me back to memories of 1970s tennis when a few of the stars were arrogant pricks.  I don't know how some of them would've handled the current Covid guidelines, but I suppose they might have been just as stupid as Novak.