The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Members

Oh Tishy! :o I hope things get better for you. I believe I have a pinched nerve myself too and it's taking forever to go away. Mine happened about a month ago at work as I was having lower back problems and since I have to walk around all the time, it was hard for me to move anywhere or bend anywhere shall I say. After a week, the pain from my lower back went to the back of my left thigh and I was able to move around but could feel this pinched nerve while I was walking. A day later, the pain went from my left thigh to my left calf muscle, so everytime I applied pressure to it, I was walking around like a gimp for a week. I'm a little bit better now I think. A lot better than a couple of weeks ago, but it's just that I can't really sit on my favorite position while sitting on the floor.

I feel your pain. I really do and hope that you get better soon! And for me as well.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope you enjoy your `I Love Lucy' Box, Sweet VeeVee24! :) Recently, I just bought Lost Season 4 and I was hoping to at least finish the whole thing in a month watching it spiratically, but I wound up fininshing it in 2 days.

Since I'm visiting family this week, I plan on spending time with my sister and hopefully grab a pack a beer!

Hope everyone is doing well! :)

• Members

I have never been so sore in my life. I quit smoking (tobacco) almost a year ago. But my lungs feel like I have a lasagna in them or something. Pneumonia.

Which is fine. I can deal. Except when I was skiing last week, I came close to hitting a tree, so I grabbed onto another tree, but it I fell into the side of the glade anyway. So my whole body hurts and I dislocated my shoulder again. The bruising on my shoulder and upper arm is a pretty shade of green and black. It took over 45 minutes, and much in the way of wonderful legal narcotics, for the emergency room to put my shoulder back into place. Thanks guys. I didn't tell them I was a RN until the end but I think they must have known from my questions.

• Members

So here's the deal of what happened:

Almost a month ago now, I woke up in the middle of the night with sharp stabbing pains in my chest and I could not breathe. I also began coughing up blood. My parents rushed me to the hospital, where I spent several weeks. They ran a bunch of tests, which I'm pretty used to by now, and it turns out the area that they sewed in the valve of my heart had somehow torn open. How that happened is beyond me. So therefore, they wanted me to stay under their watch after they repaired the damage to make sure it didn't happen again.

It was incredibly depressing to spend another holiday in a hospital bed with only the occassional checking of my email/myspace via my sister's blackberry, but everything is okay now. Let's just hope that it stays that way.

But I'm back now. :)

And to those that have IM'd me, sorry for not responding. I just havent been very much in the mood to shoot the breeze. :(

Archived