The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why do some people feel the need to advertise to the world that they're dating someone? I mean, as if they're the only person on God's green planet who's ever dated? Does it give them an ego boost? What... I mean, what's the deal with it?

This guy I'm talking to, he falls in love with someone new every week. However, only about half the time does anything actually come of his flirtation with the 'guy of the week,' and even then it only lasts one or two weeks, tops. And yet everytime he meets someone new, he's all, "We're so close and he knows me so well and I know him so well and he's even given me the key to his apartment and he's sang for me and he's done this for me and that for me and me, me, me, me, me." Okay, so he's stuck up your ass... AND? Then a week later, it's over because the man who's sooo perfect decides to move on to someone who isn't so desperate, then before you know it there's another "mister perfect" and THIS time it's going to last... only it doesn't. I'm sick of hearing about it!! Stop throwing your stupid one-week relationships in my face as if it makes you so much better than me... because you're not! Not by a long shot, you vapid little bug. Is there more to you than just your mate, or does your life revolve around him? Because from my perspective, you let your relationships define you and it makes you look like a needy little [!@#$%^&*].

Phew! That felt good.

• Members

^^^

oh dear LAWD, Kenny, I'm completely know what you are talking about. This is one of the many things that I'm going through with a girl that I've known for eight years. Every guy she's been with she's said the exact same thing, as you pointed out...He's the one, yada, yada, yada, He knows me soo well. Ugh, it can definitely get irritating.

• Members

:angry: AUGH! I just wrote like a 8356392 word reply and my PC effed up and ate it, I guess.

Kenny, it's not nice to generalize country-listening music lovers. Remember how worked up you got when Roseanne generalized homosexuals?!

I have a friend like you're talking about. Not really a friend. More of an acquaintance, LOL!

Shawn, it's Reba McEntire! Do I need to spell it out like Fergie does?!

BTW, no Reba bashing! I love her! She IS the musical goddess of my heart! :wub:

CBS did all the mic stuff on purpose, I believe. They did it with Brad Paisley, too. The music was WAY louder than him. Long story short, the ACM's: nobody wanted them. CBS got stuck with them. So they deliberately tried to sabatgo every aspect of the show tonight. All the bloopers were aired, the mikes were effed up, they aired it against A.I. It's obvious they don't want it and they're trying to kill it! Sorry that Kelly fans got the short end of the stick. But don't worry about Kelly. She's in love with Reba just like I am!! I'm sure Kelly thought nothing of it and took all the tech. snafus with a grain of salt.

Venus, sorry to hear about your health worries. :) Thinking of you always.

Mateo, I got some new pics I want you to see!

JERSF, thanks for the synopses! Sounds good. I might go buy the final season on DVD when it comes out in 2027. :lol:

Jinks, I'm gonna make your banner real soon. Promise. :)

• Members

I can't BELIEVE I was STUPID enough to miss those country music awards tonight... DAMMIT ALL TO HELL!!

Meanwhile, Kenny, don't ask, it's silly, but sometimes I NEED to see things that annoy me. Can you expand on what song you're referring to in the post above? I'd LOVE to see a YouTube music video clip or something, just to see if I hate it as much. :)

• Members

Oh, I would NEVER!! (Wait that long). And hopefully, in this age, the final season would be out MUCH sooner than that. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled on YouTube for finale vids (with Reba, someone posted the WHOLE friggin' finale, which I would hope someone could do with "Queens.") You just gotta see it!

Also, I'd like to take the time RIGHT NOW to commend CBS for their IMPECCABLE promotion of the show's final weeks. They even had a professional recording artist/jingle group/whatever make a theme song for "Queens" promos, and those black and white Darrie photos (both nostalgic and heartbreaking, because they were so "final") in the promos? DIVINE!!! HEAVENLY!!! I'm SO glad they gave the show a truly royal send-off, moving it back to Monday nights and everything! The net, I think, tried to sabotage the show, at least, according to gossip reports, but in the end, the ratings held steady, regardless of night changes, and they were forced, ultimately, to move it back to Mondays as an homage to the glory days, and the fans who just wouldn't let go of that modern-day "Honeymooners" couple THAT eassily.

A TOAST -- to Kevin James, Leah Remini, and the ENTIRE cast and crew of the "King and Queens"!!

(And I'm not even a diehard! lol)

• Members

I'm also puzzled because Michael Ausiello at TVGuide.com told a reader (when they asked for a finale preview) that Leah Remini would not be a happy camper about the finale. I can't look it up because I have slow-ass dial-up, but I'm sure if you look within the last month or two's postings, you'll be able to find it.

I just can't seem to find what Remini would be so upset with in regards to the finale?! :blink:

Archived