The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think today was one of my best days at work since I got the best news...Walgreens decided to buy our store and we got interviewed today for a job there....and it went freakin awesome....I was sold on the new computers and pay raise...I better pass my test so I can get it...That would be awesome. Walgreens buying our building was the best news I had all day.

• Members

I'm in line with you two.......

If Blake wins American Idol I'm never going to watch again......

The results tonight made me feel guilty about not watching the final episodes of Gilmore Girls on Tuesday Nights instead of AI......

• Members

It's official...I freakin suck :(

I swear, I think I have PMS, cuz now I am now upset yet again.

What I thought was joking around w/ a bud turned out to be serious than I anticipated, and now I feel awful. If they were joking, I honestly couldn't tell...if they weren't, I really feel ashamed...either way.

• Members

Much like when you have someone call, e-mail, ask in person, or come to the city commission meetings and ask you why this and that hasn't been done yet, and what you are going to do about fixing it. :lol:

• Members

When I answer those calls I am so tempted to tell them :How should I know...I didn't even see if I got one yet...

But I do have to put folks on notice when they start screaming at me at the top of their lungs...I usually have to say, "If you want me to help you, you need to lower your voice and stop screaming at me, because that's getting you nothing." Or I usually pour on the sugar and lower my voice even more so that they sound like a fool screaming at the top of their lungs... either way, they usually get off my phone when I am done with them...and when I'm done listening to them I wait till they stop talking and say "Is there anything else I can help you with? No, have a good day.

• Members

Try having people come to the city commission meetings and demand you do something concerning an issue you really have no control over. They gripe, fuss, and cause a stink all for no good reason.

Like when people complain about the location of our town's only red light....they ask why "we (the city) had it put there." I simply tell them the truth....it's not our responsibility, if you have a problem with it take it up with the State Highway Department at the state capitol in Frankfort.

• Members

ATTENTION, ACTOR87, ATTENTION, ACTOR87: PLEASE let me know you received this message. It's A VERY, VERY, IMPORTANT AND URGENT announcement:

I know you missed "The King of Queens" series finale -- but you'll NEVER BELIEVE the news: it will reair -- get this -- on Thursday, May 24, 8pm et/pt.

Don't forget that! There's hope after all!!!

Archived