Outstanding Drama Series & Outstanding Writing/Directing Team

Toups

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd like to start off by saying whatever I don't mention in this post has already been mentioned by my fellow SON poster Dan. ;)

This is David Kreizman we're talking about here. DAVID KREIZMAN. The man who thought it was a great idea to have the character of Beth Raines, a woman who's been like a daughter to Alan, marry him. A man who is so freaking original that he's written three, not two, not one, but THREE storylines involving the descent into madness of three complex Spaulding characters (Alan, Lizzie, and Phillip). This is a man who put me and countless other fans through hell with Reva's cancer storyline. Let me reiterate; a cancer storyline. Don't get me started on the people he's offended from rape victims to cancer survivors. He's proven time after time that he's incapable of writing a three dimensional gray character. No, instead he writes them as cartoons, ala Alan Spaulding, Beth Raines (Her transformation from a woman who was putting her life back together into a fur coat wearing carbon copy of Cruella Deville happened so fast it would give me and you whiplash!), and Lizzie Spaulding? He turned good guy Rick Bauer, into the town pariah after revealing that he had a part in Ross's death! He's the one who made the so called wise decision to pair up Dinah Marler with AC Mallet, instead of Alan-Michael, and is now digging out of the bottom of the barrel for a storyline for the two because he doesn't what the hell to do with them now.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that DK did not deserve this award, maybe for the 2004-2005 season, but the guy is now burnt out. He's turned into a complete and utter hack. His writing lacks depth, emotion, imagination, and insults the intelligence of the viewers. Last night's win was the equivalent of awarding a 4th grader with the Emmy for writing Guiding Light.

• Members

Because, like it or not, GL submitted two knock-out episodes from their Emmy reel. Y&R on the other hand, submitted two of the worst pieces of [!@#$%^&*] they've ever produced and tied them. GL clearly should've won by itself, but I guess voters were just making up for last year when Y&R should've won.

• Members

The only satisfaction I got out of GL winning for best show and seeing Ellen Wheeler on the stage was knowing that Jill Farren Phelps was in the audience watching this. She tried for YEARS during her time on GL to capture the Emmy for best show, but failed, knowing that EW did what she couldn't do made me happy alittle knowing what a big ego Phelps has.

• Members

It was a relief not seeing that Liza Minelli drag queen, I mean Phelps, not accepting an award this year. I hate that woman more than any other EP in the industry, and if we think about it, she's the one who started the downward spiral GL's undergone since 94.

That said, GL should've won Outstanding Drama Series in 93 under JFP, but I'll take this.

• Members

GL was worthy, Y&R however was not! They submitted two awful episodes that represent how much destruction Latham has put on this show. A gimmicky ice storm and that awful Mesta murder scenario storyline were the two submitted. Thank god the witch did not win for writing! If They had submitted the episodes surrounding John's death then yes, a drama series win and writing win for sure.

I am happy for GL... they need this. I don't really think DK and Ellen are good visionaries and as Dan said all this crap about 70 years and praising Irna is just all lip service. MTS was puting up a front I am sure considering her husband was last credited as EP on Friday. I would love to see MTS walk. These big name people on Y&R have clout, use it!

Lynn Marie Latham when she was praising the Bell's I was rolling my eyes. And she said Y&R clebrated its 34th year "today" and then after a second said today and rolled her eyes to correct herself. Someone probably whispered in her ear "it was back in March honey".

I loathe that woman like I have loathed no other writer in this industry.

• Members

GL so deserved this win by itself. The two episodes they submitted were well written, well acted, and overall fantastic. This was their year to lose imo. If anyone has any doubts, then they should search youtube for the episodes GL submitted.

So, who did Sony and CBS pay for Y&R to tie? :rolleyes:

Archived