Outstanding Drama Series & Outstanding Writing/Directing Team

Toups

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Um, they don't judge based on a whole year they judged based on TWO episodes if Y&R had submitted better I would of had no problem with them winning. What they submited was awful and not Emmy worthy in the least. They should of been dead last. They got this because they should of won last year. GL was much more deserved over Y&R based on the eps they submited.

• Members

While I will even admit that I kind of like the GL submission of Dinah and Mallet's "wedding," the OLTL submission blew me away. I never even thought that they could make me cry during a funeral of a character that I HATED (John McBain). Yet they did.

• Members

Sorry, I have to respectfully disagree with you. I think GL deserved it this year. Both of there submissions were good where OLTl only had the execution the other episode was a mess. And even if you don't look at the whole year and not just those 2 submissions GL should have one. They had a solid year last year, were they perfect no but they were good. They had the cancer storyline, the baby drama, Olivia/Ava saga. I like oltl too, but besides the Todd execution they had a pretty bad year.

• Members

Yay for Guiding Light! Thank you, Ellen Wheeler, David Kreizman and the rest of the writing team, P&G, CBS, the cast, and crew for delivering such a quality program, and the judges for recognizing it! May the show live long!!

Leave it to some on this board to complain about David Kreizman even when he's getting recognition for GL and doing a good thing by paying respect to Irna Phillips. I think it was awesome of him to mention first and foremost the debt owed by GL to Irna Phillips. Many writers would not have done that. I am sure if he had said nothing about Irna Phillips, people here would have bashed him too. Also, do you not remember also how good the 70th anniversary episode was in tribute to Ms. Phillips? There are things that one could legitimately criticize Kreizman for, but the sincerity of his respect for Ms. Phillips is not one of them in my opinion.

His Emmy speech confirmed my faith in him as a writer. It seems that the impartial judges agree with me that GL has a good writing team as well.

I am so happy that the two soaps I follow, ATWT and GL, did so well tonight! Means I'm watching the cream of the crop!

I am ecstatic at how well GL did, and I think it was well-deserved.

Please spare me the "it was all a sympathy vote" comments. If that's the case, why didn't all the GL actors get sympathy vote wins too??? Last year, the conspiracy theory was that the GL actors won on a sympathy vote but the production team didn't win because the judges were savvy about not wanting to reward supposedly bad work. Now this year we have a new conspiracy theory. Good grief!

Guiding Light will be with us forever ...

• Members

Kreizman can praise Irna to high heaven. But I won't believe his sincerity until I SEE it in the show. Until then, it is simply lip service, just like the anniversary opening with the Rev. Ruthledge mantra.

BTW, GL can't be around forever because Guiding Light is dead. I don't know WHAT this new show is, but I can tell you that is sure as hell ain't GL.

ETA: Sorry if I sound like a bastard. I don't mean to be. Just call me a fan who is very very bitter to this regime.

• Members

I'm sorry, but I think it's ridiculous there was a tie. With the crappy year daytime had in 2006, I think it would be difficult to award one soap, but two!? Ridiculous.

OLTL had good episodes -- but the thought of Higley's trainwreck taking home gold for two good episodes makes my skin crawl.

Then again, GL and Y&R were unworthy winners, too, IMO.

Out of that lineup, I actually would've given it to, gulp, B&B.

I can't wait to watch Y&R's win on YouTube. Watch closely: When Lynn Latham steps slightly over to her right, Melody Thomas Scott, who is closeby, takes a step to her right, away from Latham. She has a really sour look on her face, like "Girl, oh no you di'nt! Stay away from me." It was hilarious. And I guess Melody is bitter.

And...on one final note. Does Lynn Latham remind anyone else of AMC's Janet Green, circa 1991?

Janet & Lynn

JanetGreen1.jpgLynnLatham.jpg

• Members

Y&R submitted craptastic shows. This I am sure was just a makeup award for not winning last year when they deserved it for Cassie's death! GL while I am happy for the overall show...David Kriezman is now a lock for awhile longer and the sheer hope I had of getting him out or at least pairing with an experience co-hw are goine. Don't get me DK has good ideas but they are not thought through, you can be with a soap for a long time but that doesn't mean you have what it takes to cut it as a h-w!

Archived