Y&R: Victorial Rowell Message to Fans

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:). It's not like I'm gonna be working for daytime anytime soon. LOL.

Rowell would have made a fabulous scriptwriter for Y&R, but I wonder if that would have diminished her role as Dru on Y&R?! She could have at least been a consultant for the Winters family storylines.

She should try to get a development deal to start her own TV series or soap, with BET, TVOne, or even network television. I mean, she wouldn't be the first(Joanna Johnson, anyone?!).

• Members

What a self-absorbed.........actress. She's unbelievable. She wouldn't have half the success if Bill Bell hadn't hired her and to quit like that is tantamount to a toddler temper tantrum. I always thought she was overrated and talk about scene-chewing. Her acting this last year was over the top, more so than Judith Chapman's. She doesn't deserve an emmy. Good riddance. And take your mirror with you, honey....

• Members

WOW! That's pretty HUGE! I look forward to reading that article...... In any case, I'm not too impressed by Ms. Rowell's statement. I Love me some VR, which is probably why it's so disappointing that her whole message to fans is trying to sell her book...... I would have been interested to read it anyway, just wish she went about promoting it differently...

She shouldn't have submitted in Lead either. Now I kinda can see what happened- Case & Rowell cancelled one another out and Cooper ended up on top. :rolleyes:

• Members

If MS can get Lead, VR deserves Lead as well. They are equally talented in my opinion, and MS really hasn't done anything but unfortunately be turned into a Newman Stefford wife last year. The only thing she did worthy of an Emmy was giving birth in an elevator, IMO. And that's not an attack on MS, I think she's fabulous, but I say she AND VR were both worthy for Emmy consideration as Lead actress. And as for Jeanne Cooper, I think she is a fabulous diva, but she really should not have been sumitted for a PreNom because she didn't really do anything. If anyone deserved to be nominated instead of her, it's Rowell.

And I see nothing wrong with VR discussing her book on HER website. This is her website, it's her book, she can do what she wants. I'm sure there is much more to this story, maybe she'll tell, maybe she won't. But like a previous poster said, I'm sure there may be a lot of unpleasant backstage politics going on at Y&R right now and from the looks of things, I don't think I would want to work their either.

• Members

This is quite a sight. An actress is getting criticized for promoting her book on her own website. She said she'd be happy if we, her fans, acknowledged her art and creativity by owning her memoir. She's not screaming at us "IF YOU CARED ABOUT ME YOU'D BUY MY GODDAMN BOOK!". She's simply promoting herself.

It's like, can the woman do anything right in some people's eyes? The tide has seemingly turned so quickly against her, I just don't understand it.

• Members

I agree! It's ridiculous. Most soap fans complain when actors leave soaps and talk down to them. Here an actress (who has been very supportive of soaps) has invited her fans to follow her past daytime. If she were joining another soap and asked her fans to follow her, would you guys still be complaining?

Archived