Y&R: Victorial Rowell Message to Fans

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think this is a case of "If you don't have to say st. nice, better say nth.". Apparently the situation behind the scenes at Y&R must have been not so rosy and Rowell decided against doing a media backlash Christel Khalil-style. Therefore I'll attribute class to this statement.

However she could have done her personal PR programming a little less desperate. All right that we should buy her book, but Missy could be little more restraint about it.

• Members

Perspective is such a wonderful thing. I just re-read her post and this entire thread and thought I'd mention a couple things.

--The reason I say VR shouldn't have submitted herself in Lead is because, well, she wasn't a lead on Y&R in 2006. Clearly, the focus of 06 was Case and Stafford, maybe even Chapman as well. But even though it probably is arguable whether she was actually lead, the fact remains that she had a better shot in supporting- both for a pre-nom and for a nomination. I'm surprised to hear people crying foul at those who pointed out that she shouldn't have submitted herself as a lead, when you yourselves predicted Emmy noms & pre-noms for her in the Supporting Actress category.

--I do not think in the least that VR comes off as self-absorbed. I agree that she is just enthusiastic about her book and the cross-country tour she's taking to promote it. What I do think is that she made an unfortunate error in judgement when lumping in a plug for her book with statements concerning her leaving Y&R. I don't think she had any intention in coming off as desperate or egotistical in her message, and I think had she released these messages separately on her website, she wouldn't be getting as much guff as she is.

• Members

You guys better step off my boo before I have to criss-cross the country and b-i-t-c-h slap a bunch of mo-fos. JK! LOL! Seriously. :lol:

I LOBSTERLOVE me some Ms. Rowell, the ULTIMATE DIVA, and will support her to the very end. I think her enthusiasm is being misunderstood by a lot of folk. But, quite frankly, I don't give a hoot what her intentions are with her statement, because she CANNOT do any wrong in my book. Can't wait to buy her book off of the bookshelves... at the very least, it'll give me something to do while continuing to not watch pure shyt on television!

TWO WEEKS Y&R FREE!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

TEAM VICTORIA ROWELL!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

:P:lol:

• Members

IA that she probably would have stood a better chance in Supporting. Hell, I had a banner stating her as 'Best Supp. Actress' lol. But really, the only reason I wish that VR went Supp. was because I knew Nancy Lee Grahn would go Lead, and I SO want her to win already for her work on GH. I didn't want to be conflicted between the two. Still, Stafford didn't really do anything. She had some money scenes, but for the majority of the year she was smiling and giggling her way through scenes. Case was great though. She has so much to choose from. Oh well, Y&R royally messed up here. And it's funny because Y&R were one of the few to pretty much get the Pre-Nomination system in place.

• Members

Rowell was as much Lead as Stafford, Chapman or Case last year.

She literally carried the show (as she did the two previous years) for the majority of the year especially the second half of 06 & more than deserved a Lead nom/push (as did Case).

She was robbed. BIG Time.

• Members

She was flip about Y&R recasting her role, declaring "That's their perrogative" and that leaving wasn't hard. I think she had one foot out the door.

Case deserved a nomination more than her, but Cooper should not have even submitted herself for contention. However, Victoria would have had better luck in supporting since her character was more over the top and less nuances to play with. The show turned DRU into a sterotype that threatened to go over the top on many occasions, but I believe VR reigned her in.

In any event, I don't think it's wrong that she's promoting her book on her own website. That's the purpose of my site. I'm not gonna knock her hustle.

• Members

Michelle Stafford 100% did not deserve that nomination, but she'll always be nominated. All she did all year was giggle and have sex with Nick. If it weren't for the elevator scenes with JACK, she wouldn't have anything to submit.

Case and Rowell were actually on the frontburner, rocking the place!

BTW, in Rowell's exit interview she DOES mention interest in going to B&B. She said she loves what Brad Bell does over there and to call her. I think it's a matter of not being happy with the cast at Y&R.

• Members

I wonder if Case would've come to Rowell's defense if she wasn't snubbed as well. :lol:

Too many of the Y&R women submitted themselves as lead this year, I think Stafford got in because she's won that award previously (and the only Y&R actress along with Jess Walton to win that award) and Cooper because of seniority. That being said, I think Rowell would've had a better chance submitting herself for Supporting, I don't think she carried the shown that much as people are saying, but she was a powerful factor in the last year.

• Members

Go Sharon, at least someone sees it.

Okay, if VR shouldn't have been nominated, who should have? If anyone can tell me exactly who Dru supported maybe I could see the light. What other actresses actually had a story to call her own? Phyllis didn't do anything at all but act like the nedry girl who got asked to prom, Kay and Jill may as well have held hands and said "Wonder Twins Actiate!" all damn year, Victoria is completely dead as a character, Nikki just fretted out Victor without actually doing anything. Sharon Case and Victoria Rowell are the only two who moved story along in any meaningful way, they carried story rathered than be carried by it.

Face facts, the Y&R cast and crew voted for friends rather than what we all saw onscreen.

• Members

I doubt that has anything to do with it. At least Case actually spoke up about Rowell's snub. That's more than can be said of Kristoff St. John, Eric Braeden, and Michelle Stafford.

She should have been nominated.....but in supporting. It's not that Victoria Rowell is supporting other actresses on the show- Dru has always driven her own stories. It's the fact that those stories are only told & featured in a supporting capacity. Dru's stories rarely, if ever, are the lead stories of Y&R.

Sharon Case. Judith Chapman. Michelle Stafford. Those were the leads of Y&R in '07. Like Stafford's storyline or not, it was featured practically every day in 2007. Yeah, she giggled a lot, but she also had great confrontations from the fallout of the affair (like with Jack for instance) and the elevator stuff as well. And there's no arguing that Chapman was a focal point for the majority of 2007.

As I said, with the names submitted for lead, I would've picked Rowell & Case by FAR. But again, I think Rowell did herself a disservice putting herself in the lead category, and by default, the Y&R cast did her one better and didn't give her the pre-nomination that she SO deserved.

Archived