Y&R: Victorial Rowell Message to Fans

• Members

Sorry if this was posted already. http://victoriarowell.com/home.html

Dear Fans,

THANK YOU for your outpouring of support and outrage over the recent TV Guide (Ellen DeGeneres Cover) remarks by a writer for Daytime. Having submitted myself for consideration for Best Actress, I wish to thank you for your concern over my absence from The Young & Restless pre-Emmy ballot, denying my peers on other daytime programs the opportunity to possibly vote for me in this category. Without question I gave it my all and then some.

My glory is held in equality, merit, fairness, creativity and the pursuit of happiness. Thank you for making my stay on The Young & Restless a great ADVENTURE for me & DRU!!! More importantly, will you do something else for me as a show of your support? It would mean a lot to know that each and every one of my fans, YOU, who have been with me from the beginning in Daytime, Primetime and feature films, owned a copy of my memoir, THE WOMEN WHO RAISED ME, published by HARPERCollins/William Morrow Imprint, available at a BARNES & NOBLE, BOARDERS BOOKS near you APRIL 10th! That would be the best acknowledgement I could ever dream of. Now go get a pen...go ahead, I'm waiting...now MARK your CALENDAR!

Inside you will read about my journey through foster care and how I have been able to navigate New York and HOLLYWOOD - lessons learned from THE WOMEN WHO RAISED ME. You won't be disappointed. Even read a little about my life on a soap opera. Don't forget, APRIL 10TH!!! I will be criss-crossing the nation so check out my web site to see if I am in a town near you. There is a lot on the horizon and I can't wait to see and talk to you all at your local book stores.

Fans like you, money can't buy! For information about the voting practices of the pre-EMMY balloting, write to the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists in Los Angeles or call The Young & Restless at 323.575.4143 or email [email protected]. Who knows, maybe you can make a difference.

See you ALL at BARNES & NOBLE! God Bless,

Victoria Rowell

www.victoriarowell.com

www.Amazon.com

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow. I'm not sure if I could call Rowell a Lead(hope that isn't a controversial statement), but I consider her more one than Jeannie Cooper, who has been rocking in her nursing home chair with Esther for the past two years. Rowell had a much better chance of scoring Y&R that Lead Actress nom than Cooper.

I bet every actress was gunning for lead, hence the reason for the shutout(i.e. Sharon Case, Victoria Rowell, Melody Thomas Scott, etc.)

Wow, lots of politics at Y&R!

• Members

I feel bad that her co-workers did not vote for her, but to use that sympathy as a way to sell a book is a little absurd.

No offense to her, but that was way off topic. If this was a message to fans about her leaving, thats one thing, but to hawk her book that fans should BUY as a sign of gratitude? Hell no. Thats insane!

• Members

I think by rights she should have gotten a nod for Lead. She is a Lead, IMO. She's been on the frontburner for the past 7-8 months.

Her book plug makes me wonder if she also decided to be let out early from her contract on order to promote her book more extensively across the country.

• Members

She may not be a Lead actress but the material she received for in the last few months was definetly Lead worthy and she should have been acknowledged....

Plugging her book at the same time was an excellent promotional strategy to garner her sympathy an increase sales.

Great job VR ;)

• Members

In the new SOW article, Rowell said she requested that Y&R let her join the writing team and they declined, which is the so-called "real reason I quit." She wanted to showcase her writing talents, they said no and had they said yes she would have never written her book.

Archived