Y&R: Victorial Rowell Message to Fans

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She doesn't have to scream at us. But the message is blaring through her supposedly 'subtle' message to her fans. Letting people know about your work is one thing, but any type of artist who shamelessly pimps their work (whether it be at the Grammys or on their own website) practically begging people to shell out money for that work just screams egotistical to me. It's as if she expects that all her fans would be interested in her book when some fans might actually just care about her acting.

• Members

I have always been a VR fan and have stuck up for her. But what she's doing is shamelessly plugging a book by guilting her fans. "I didn't get to be a writer, so show those idiots I'm a great artist of prose by buying my book. If you really love me, you will shell out thirty bucks for a hardcover novel." Sorry, but thats the way I see it. I still like VR the person, but I think her actions are pathetic.

Thank you. I agree completely.

• Members

I posted this and I've yet to comment on it. :blink:

Anyways, I agree that it's quite weird how so many seem to be turning on my Rowell :( (damn Stafford fans. Kidding!). I also find it weird that "Ooohh she submitted Lead," so that's why she didn't get a pre-nom. She was a Lead Actress in 2006. Moreso than Cooper. And I don't buy that the cast voted for 'I dream of Jeannie' because of her senority. If that was the case then how would you explain the Eric Braeden snub, or even more absurd Jerry Douglas snub.

Eric Braeden worked his ass off, and that ONE scene where Nikki told him that he pulled a gun on her was powerful in so many ways. Eric was just sublime here. That scene alone could have definitely garnered Eric Braeden a nomination. Even the biggest Braeden haters (Mediadomain!) admitted that his work was good.

On to Jerry Douglas, I will forever remember that scene where Peter Bergman and Jerry Douglas last exchanged looks. It was the scene just before John has his second stroke. The look on Jerry's face was extraordinaire. He did his finest work here, and then some. Not only that, but he agreed to come back and play a pathetic ghost for you people.

Back to Victoria Rowell, I actually agree that she was pretty over the top in 2006 at times. At certain times, the character became intolerable (boardering Zimmerness :o ), be it the writing, directing, or acting. Drucilla is a 'larger than life' character, but some of the garbage in 2006 was too much for me to swallow. I tried to deny it, but I could clearly see that this once dynamic character, was turning into the town's caricature. There were times I said in my head, just tone it down a couple of notches lol. If VR had submitted some of that she wouldn't have been nominated. But I'm not discrediting Ms. Rowell's work, because for the vast majority of 2006 she was great and higly entertaining (despite lackluster writing). For instance, the half-ass Lily paternity storyline. To pinpoint a scene that sticks out in my head is when Dru finally blows up at Neil. I floved the 1972 line. The scene I'm talking about is here. It was only until the whole Carmen Investigation thing, that I found her a bit over the top. They had Dru acting like some raging lunatic! :mellow:

Once again, I personally feel that her work in 2004/2005 trumphs that of 2006. It was more low key, and true to the character. One thing about Victoria Rowell is that she has a psychological hold on her character of Drucilla Winters. She understands the character inside and out, and never fails to play the character true to form and with every beat. Even when Dru was doing foolish things, VR was still able to convey to the audience the Dru that we know and love. Whether it be subtle things, or Drucillalike lines. I would have loved to see Victoria Rowell compete in the Emmy's, but in the end I bet she would have been snubbed of a nomination to the likes of a 'name'.

As for the book, I see both sides lol. I see how many may think that Victoria Rowell was a bit pushy in her book. Because truth be told, I could see it too. However, I think her enthusiasm is being misinterpreted here for pushiness. I think Victoria Rowell is just proud of her accomplishment, and is simply just excited. Maybe she went about it a little too much, but I don't blame her. I've seen Victoria in many interviews and she doesn't come across as egotistical at all. In the end, I understand Victoria's feelings being hurt here. You consistently put so much effort into your work, and yet your own peers can't even recognize you. It hurts. It makes you feel unappreciated. Nobody wants to be in an environment where they feel unwanted. I wonder how the dynamic was between Tonya Lee Williams and Victoria Rowell. I sorely miss there 'sister moments.' Next to Jack/Ashley, they had great sibling chemistry.

I wish Victoria Rowell the best of luck with her future endeavours. Whether it be for her writing, or acting, I wish her tremendous success, and will follow her whereever she goes. :)

• Members

I don't even know why I need to post. I could just co-sign DruRock's and Darn's posts and keep going, :lol: but anyhoo...

:huh: She has ALWAYS been involved in other projects outside of Y&R and asked her fans to share in her enthusiasm. She's been especially vocal about foster care so I don't see this as being any different than times in the past when she has asked her fans to support her in her endeavors. Some act as if she posted a letter WITH PICURES laying out every detail on exactly why she decided to leave Y&R, trashed her co-workers, writers, CBS, kicked Zapato on her way out the door, then said, "By the way, make sure you buy my book!" If she DID do that, I would think it was out of character and tacky as hell :lol: but it's HER WEBSITE! She was professional in what she did choose to post about Y&R.

This is a whole bunch of something being made out of nothing. :mellow: I'm bummed (and concerned) that we are losing yet ANOTHER great actor from a once powerful daytime drama. Something is definitely wrong there. :(

Archived