Where will JER go next?

• Members

Again, what's with the death threats and death wishes, people?

Bad soap opera is NOT license to wish death on a person.

He's not a terrorist.

From what I've read about him, he seems perfectly delightful and a fascinating person. Funny, too.

Maybe you don't like him, maybe you don't like his writing as of late, but it's taking it WAY TOO FAR to mention death.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JER can be seen as a terrorist to NBCD actually. When NBC was obsessed with the man in the 90's, didn't they have him do consulting work on both AW and SuBe? And look where those two shows ended up . . .

Wasn't JER responsible for the crazy and out there Lumina storyline on AW, which never faired well on the show in it's final months. His vision just didn't mesh well with all of the NBC soaps.

• Members

Agreed.

Especially in the eyes of the fans.

I loved the guy but I can't stand him now.

Granted, like Drew said, he didn't do it alone. I can see why NBC brought him back to Days after his first run and he had magic going again in the first 6 months of his second run. After that, it was hit and mostly miss. Corday is to blame for sticking with him too long. NBC is to blame for not getting more involved earlier with Passions when it started to go downhill. I will say NBC gave Passions alot of chances so the destruction of Passions for me 95% rests on JER's shoulders. The other 5% is NBC related.

As for Days, we can blame Langan, Higley, JER, Corday for demoting C&B and taking way too long to make changes, etc. There is alot of blame at Days that involvs many people but JER does get a good majority of it.

• Members

Sorry, but I liked it! lol.

"Nihl (sp), Siene (sp), Numine (sp?)..."

Oh, I STILL get chills thinking of that Latin chant that Amy's father would do.

And then how Annie's ruby necklace turned into a snake or something? I jumped!

Loved that storyline.

Sorry! You're not ruining this storyline for me. Great memories of that and "Terror Island." Oh, and duh, of course, Shockwave. :)

• Members

I guess I just couldn't get past the horrible makeup and the fact that everyone on the show was SORAS-ed to look like they were 150 years old. It was like clone Reva going from newborn to 80 in about three months, LoL

• Members

I must say, I do wish Michael Logan would follow up with JER's 2000 interview when he said something like 'they could she me off to the island with all the other soap hacks' about when he gets played out. Because he has mentioned the possibility, despite his ego, and now that it actually has happened, I would think he wouldn't be opposed to commenting on past words.

• Members

Yeah Right. Never Ganna Happen. :lol:

What do you mean teaching? He needs to be in Creative Writing 101 as a STUDENT !

I don't know if Reilly consulted with AW on that storyline or helping in coming up with it, but I know that NBC pushed AW into doing that weird, out there story because they wanted AW to take the same type of turn DAYS had with the out here stuff Reilly had written. So NBC forced AW to do that storlyine, about something they weren't comfortable with that went against the style of show it was, and use a style and or way of telling a soap story that the writers weren't familiar with, or comfortable with writing. Sounds like the earmarkings of disaster to me. But NBC thought Reilly's out there stuff worked to pick up DAYS ratings, so AW must follow suit. They wanted AW to turn into some sci-fi soap like Reilly was turning DAYS into at he time. At least that was what I heard.

I don't want Reilly to go to Hell. That would be to good for him. B) Let's send him to prison for raping daytime television.

Archived