Where will JER go next?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

God, really, this is the one upside of everything.

In the span of less than a year, he went from riding high as creative ruler of NBC Daytime to being hastily fired from one show, and having his OWN creation cancelled entirely.

Think he's been brought down a few pegs?

I'm sure his ego has taken a huge blow. I feel like I've won a war or something. Not just the battle -- but the WAR.

Victory is ours! Mwahahahaha.

• Members

It's popcorn every day at 12:30Central. Sometimes sweet tasty Kettle Corn that leaves you wanting more, sometimes cheesy popcorn that leaves the dust all over your fingers, sometimes it's dry and unsalted, and sometime it's burned and never edible. Sometimes you don't want to eat popcorn and you lay off for about three-to-six months. But I KNOW what to expect from B&B.

Brad Bell has never tried to hold B&B to some Oscar-like standard, the way your precious GH has.

GH has its moments(and was smoking hot up even until Megan McTavish left GH, and I can't believe I'm saying that!). Guza/Pratt have given GH great moments, but the storyline is all centered on an aging mobster and his nasty b!tch3s.

It is a travesty that powerhouse actors and actresses are considered expendible at the hands of Maurice Benard, Steve Burton, Kelly Monaco, and YES, even my homefries, Laura Wright. Jane Elliot should be, like, RUNNING Port Charles. Did you see her on THE CITY?! She kicked ass as front-and-center Tracy Quartermaine. Elliot is one of many casualties in this bleak era of soap. And if not Jane Elliot, then Robin Christopher for sure, who has more class, grace, and presence than over HALF of the GH cast.

The worst of GH is better than the "best" of Bradley Bell's B&B. R u a fan of "relative loving". (ie. mom/daughter= same man (TWICE); father/son/son/half-bro of the 2 sons= same woman (MULTIPLE TIMES); the list could go on & on...)

AND GH hasn't pulled the incest angle? NEED YOU BE REMINDED of Georgie/Lucas/Maxie Robyn Richards/Pre-GayLucas Era?!

It's boring,

Like this lighthearted Film Noir Romance crap between Sonny/Carly/Jax?! Yeah, because that cured my insomnia! Laura Wright deserves better than that lame triangle.

unoriginal,

Unoriginal?! B&B is classic soap, honey.

GH is trying to be THE SOPRANOS. Yeah, Mobsters and their b!tch3s. That's original allright!

contrived,

Contrieved?! Yeah, like half the town being trapped in a hotel or on a plane together or in a hospital because of an outbreak?! Because that can TOTALLY happen in real life!

uneven,

Don't get me STARTED on the balancing of the vets vs. the balancing of FAN FAVORITES! Give me a break.

And in terms of story, GH is always changing the backstories of their characters, even as far as RECENT HISTORY(Rick Webber being a good example)!

repetitive

Oh, you mean, like Sonny and his b!tch3s?! Because, that story is as fresh as rotten eggs! Sonny and his go-around with attorneys, Brenda look-alikes, and Friends of Jason are (as MyNetworkTV puts it) ALL ORIGINAL, ALL THE TIME?! Yeah, right!

& downright disgusting.

Oh, like Guza/Pratt/Phelps's misogyny?! Faith being treated like a whore in front of the five families? Or a Pregnant Sam getting beat up by a goon? Or the violence against women and humanity that is constantly being displayed for a target female 18-49 demographic?! What message is this sending?!

Never ever forget The Mantras Of Bradley Bell: All together now: THE BEDS IN L.A. MUST ALWAYS BE KEPT WARM!

Never forget the mantra of Sonny Corinthos: MY BED(long pause) IN PORT CHARLES(long pause) MUST- MUST- MUSTALWAYS BEKEPTWARM!!!!!

Campyness is to die for.

Oh, like Maurice Benard, Steve Burton, and Tyler Christopher's "Method Acting"? Cuz, yeah, that is to DIE FOR.

Gimmicks are like so totally wicked.

Oh, like Hotel Fires? Train Crashes? Virus Outbreaks? Weekly Mob Shootouts? That stuff that gets GH Emmys every year while the rest of the year SUCKS BALLS!?

Now, don't get me wrong. I LOVE some GH and I LOVE Laura Wright(which is the unpopular opinion on this board lately), but c'mon. GH is not some serious attempt at daytime drama and when examined more closely, you will find that GH and B&B share MORE things in common than you care to imagine.

Don't diss B&B, a show which you have no loyalty or knowledge. Only the diehards are allowed to do that!

• Members

I've been (or at least I was) following the history of B& since about 1998. I can diss B&B all I want w/o pledging allegiance to the crap that Bradley Bell calls entertainment. I'm most definately not a die-hard B&B fan, I can still criticize. 2006 was B&B's worst year to date, I think 2007 will reach record lows in quality. GH is far from perfect (I never professed that it was) but I'll take GH over B&B anytime, anywhere, w/o hesitation or regret! If all else fails on GH, they have their stellar to fall back on. What does B&B have when all else fails? That's right: all B&B has is Susan Flannery (and they have gimmicks, campyness & cringe-worthy couples). It's foolish to put all your eggs in 1 basket. But then again, this is Bradley Bell we're talking about here. Mr. Foolish. :lol: THE BEDS IN L.A. MUST ALWAYS BE KEPT WARM! :angry:

Archived