What are we going to do to save Passions?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To me, it makes no difference whether or not the show makes it to cable or internet.

If it doesn't exist on regular network television, it's not helping the rest of the genre out. And if it DOES succeed on cable or internet, it will send a signal to ABC and CBS to can their soaps and air 'em on the net, too. And that's something that wouldn't last long at all. A year or two, tops.

So, in a way, I hope that the cable/net idea fails. Because if it works, it just gives everyone else even more reason to send their soaps out the door, as well.

• Administrator

Well, if soaps have to move to cable or internet, then so be it. At least they'll be on. The whole entire television landscape is changing. More TV shows are being put on the net to watch and soon more tv shows will be available on cell phones/portable devices. I think it would be so cool to watch my soaps while riding the bus, instead of looking out the window or taking a nap. Or if I'm waiting for the bus, I'll just whip out my cell phone and watch my show. LOL

• Members

so basically ... JER's just going to continue writing what he's writing in the hopes he gets to go to cable or the internet, and when that fails, which I'm sure it will (Passions couldn't survive on Sci-Fi Channel, and those were its glory days they were showing!) the viewers will get no resolution to the stories.

• Members

I don't want to sound harsh, but you guys are dreaming. PSNS is done, and keeping faith like this is just going to disappoint you all in the long run.

I'd say there is a..... 1% chance PSNS gets picked up for the internet and a 0% PSNS can get picked up by a cable network. No network wants to buy a canceled show. HELLO! It's been CANCELED! Would you want to buy something that's been canceled and that you have been told is not making the network any money?

And if it does go to the internet, which it won't, the actors who actually...uhhhh CAN ACT...Korman, Mills, Harper....I guess that's it...will leave. No one wants to act on the internet.

• Members

Who says they won't if they get a lot of negative feedback from Days fans? Jeff Zucker made those comments just the other day. I think once those Days comments hit the magazines and more people are made away of Days possibly ending in 2009, NBC is going to be bombarded with a lot of backlash and they will have to try and do something to save Days in some way.

• Members

The only way I see it existing on the internet is if it is broadcast on a cable network first.

I know they need a steady paycheck, but I don't think most of the performers (the reduced cast would focus on the three main storylines) would stick around to act only online. They would lack exposure.

Becasuse these are the characters whom Passions focus on the most: Theresa, Fancy, Ethan, Luis, Kay, Fox, Miguel, Gwen

I think Lindsay, Heidi, and Emily have real good chances of working steadily in other daytime and primetime programs - Liza (maybe daytime). Would their agents advise them to take pay cuts and to be broadcast only online? Eh

I think MyNetwork TV is the best option now.

• Members

TV Guide's Michael Logan:

Passions will end its run by early September. But the head writer Reilley says: "We've been told that NBC CEO Jeff Zucker is personally committed to keeping the show alive on another NBC platform-possible cable or Webcasts." Pie in the sky thinking? Maybe not. At press time Passions rated No. 1 with teens and women 18-34.

Archived