What are we going to do to save Passions?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

NBC never announced a desire to find another platform for AW or Sube. So the fact that NBC head honchos have publically stated to every mag/interview that they are currently seeking another platform for PSNS speaks volumes IMO

Passions will live on, in one form or another.

• Members

The problem with the whole online thing is, how many members of the cast are actually going to stick around for a show that's only broadcast on the internet? Very few, I would think. I realize PSNS has no problem with recasting, but would NBC want to go to all the trouble of hiring replacements for 90% of the cast? As cheap as they are, I doubt it. That's why I don't see the online format working out.

• Members

Which is why I doubt it will happen Hoganstays. I only see them doing it if a majority of the cast agrees to stay on in some fashion. I just think there is a better chance of the online thing happening based on Passions and NBC's fetish to use online ventures.

It continuing on is highly unlikely but the online thing just seems a bit more likely. I could see NBC doing that. Recasting most of the actors would be stupid but they recasted almost every character that left the show so I would think it wouldn't phase them to do massive recasts.

• Members

I guess the voice of reason has to once again enter the thread...

YES, "Passions" WILL live on in Internet form.

No, Theresa probably won't be there. Nor will the majors (Ethan, Gwen, Ivy, Julian). Tabitha, Endar, Fox, Kay and Miguel are strong possibilities. Fancy may continue with the show too. The show WILL air on the Internet, but the cast will be pared down significantly.

"Passions Red," "Vendetta"...all the other online ventures...things that "Days" really got NONE of...there has been a method to this madness, driving people to the NBC.com/passions site. And now we see what it is. The Internet soap that NBC talked about months ago, the one that would tie into "Passions" wasn't just a spinoff; it IS "Passions."

Archived