What are we going to do to save Passions?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OH!!

I almost forgot. Now that it's official and everything...

I guess it's time for me to buy an all new black wardrobe.

And I've already begun listening to "Candle In The Wind" on repeat.

I told you I'd hold up my end of the bargain!

• Members

TV GUIDE

But let's not worry about Days just yet! The silver lining here is that Passions may not be completely doomed. Industry gossip has indicated that Passions could possibly end up on a cabler like SOAPnet or even become an Internet-only sudser. Reilly's comments offered us real hope that this is more than just wishful thinking.

"We are going to be looking very, very seriously at keeping [Passions] alive," the exec insisted. "The fact is, there are loyal viewers of this show who love it and show up every day. And in a perfect world, we'd like to keep the brand alive. There may be another network. You know, I don't think it's a broadcast network, but there may be another cable network that wants to get in business with us and have some sort of on-air presence for the show. We're certainly looking at online options. That audience is very, very faithful in the online world, and it's not inconceivable that we could see a daily episode of Passions online. And I think it would really succeed and draw advertisers."

http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?t...ssDate=12345678

• Members

Good for Passions. I'm not sure if I buy NBC trying so hard to find another way to keep it but, I do have one question...

WHY IN THE HELL AREN'T THEY SUPPORTING DAYS LIKE THIS :angry: ?

I get NBC owns Passions and the show does well with online ventures, is cheaper to produce, and so on but Days has more viewers and only need the support of it's network to grow and prosper. It makes me mad that Zucker condemns Days while he and Kevin Reilly supposedly are trying to find ways to keep Passions going. I like that they are doing that but let's do it for the 40+ year old drama that has been your crown jewel for so long. If they can work hard and try to help Passions like they are saying, they can certainly help Days and try their best to do what is necessary to get ratings up and such.

I will be happy if Passions finds a way to live on but the same effort and support should be given to Days too. I shouldn't worry though as I am sure Corday and Sony will handle all that.

The Passions stuff makes me happy, if true, but it also pisses me off a bit.

Archived