What are we going to do to save Passions?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Echoing other posters that have made their opinions known, there's no use in beating a dead horse. If classics like Another World and Santa Barbara didn't get the respect they deserved and did not get reprieves, even though they basked in Emmy and critical glow, Passions sure as hell doesn't deserve it. It's been given much more time to end things then the others. It should be grateful.

It's over. Nothing is going to change it. As upset as fans of the show may be, they have to face reality.

• Members

A lot has changed since Sunset Beach and Another World ended. There were fewer cable outlets, and the internet was still not a major platform compared to today. Additionally, those shows had very little time to conclude.

I'm not saying Passions definitely will continue past August. However, I think there's at least a 25-30% chance that NBC will air the series in another platform.

• Members

But from what I understand, James Lipton(then-Head Writer) should have stuck to acting. I heard he had some of the most preposterous BS passing for storylines ever seen on daytime TV.

If the cancellation of CAPITOL meant getting THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL, I'm happy that happened. I enjoy my brain candy at 12:30Central.

• Members

If NBC thinks PSNS is garbage and is canceling it, and PSNS fans think The Today Show and NBC is garbage...PSNS fans should send NBC smelly pieces of garbage. And call it "It Ain't Trashions! It's PASSIOSN!" Campaign. And smell up NBC realllllllllllllllll good.

• Members

Definitely. Evans did say she loved recurring status though so who knows. Whoever wants her may have to work around her schedule. Ulrich and Lindsey Hartley I think will be in demand too IMO.

The best thing to do for Passions is to let it go. I campaigned big time for AW and SUN and it did nothing. Passions is getting a long time to wrap things up. SUN and AW got two months or less.

I will be happy if Passions gets picked up and lives on in some form (changes will be made but better then nothing) but it still wouldn't be the same. The best thing is to let it go and just hope JER gives the fans something they want for once with a nice ending.

Archived