What are we going to do to save Passions?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry, guys, but it WILL.

Once again, what doyou think "Passions Vendetta" and "Passions Red" REALLY were about?!

To see if it WOULD work.

And it did.

Trust me, "Passions" -- or I should say, a spinoff of the show, featuring four to six characters -- WILL air on the Internet, sponsored by Garnier Fructic and other prominent "Passions" sponsors for its online ventures.

The show, with its current cast of characters, wouldn't work.

The spinoff, however, will.

• Members

True.

I'll agree that it's an experiment, to say the least. But it may work out.

The Internet and viral video are HUGE right now, and that shows no signs of changing.

I think it's a wise, innovative decision, honestly.

And the show can sustain itself if they just work off of six cast members or so.

Obviously, this wouldn't be "PASSIONS." I think that's what people are confused about. That's why they think it won't work.

No, if anything it would be a SPINOFF of the show, they're just not saying that. The show will pick up with the adventures of Simone and Rae, trying to be lesbians in a conservative community; Simone trying to be good again, while Tabitha, evil again, tries to sabotage her (Juliet would stay); or it will focus on the trials and tribulations of the Kayguel relationship. It's "passions" lite, whatever it is.

• Members

The storylines that get the most buzz are Theresa/Ethan/Gwen (eh, Jared) and Luis/Fancy/Sheridan...and (to a slightly lesser extent) Charity/Miguel/Kay/Fox because they are on every.single.episode.

JER would need to change focus, starting in April, to incorporate the supporting characters more into the overall show in order that viewers care enough to follow Simone, Jessica, Paloma, etc. online.

• Members

Take the following rumor with a HUGE grain of salt...I doubt it but wanted to post the rumor:

A poster on another board claims to have a friend who knows several people at Fox. She claims that Fox is interested in purchasing Passions and would start airing it at the beginning of its fall season.

She says she does not know any of the specifics, just what her friend has told her.

• Members

I'm not sure how I feel about this rumor.

On the one hand, I'd LOVE to see "Passions" live on. After all, Lindsay Korman Hartley is just BEGGING TO revive the genre by being the next Susan Lucci, losing the Daytime Emmy for several years that people gather around the set just to watch her lose it again! (Although I'd be pullin' for ya, girlfriend!) Plus, my dream since "Passions" premiere was to see Theresa at 50 years old. Oh, yes. THE matriarch. :)

On the OTHER hand I was looking forward to nonstop shockers and revelations leading up to the show's finale before its low-budget, less fulfilling Internet spin-off starring Jessica, Spike and a few others.

Certainly I'm hoping for the renewal; I'm just saying.

Archived