The Amazing Race 11: All-Stars

• Members

Wow! I'm surprised you all aren't enjoying this season!

Everyone's loving it so far and I agree. These episodes have been some of the most exciting TAR episodes ever. And the mistakes that they are making is one of the big reasons these first three legs have been so close and exciting.

For me, there is the rush of seeing everyone back on TAR again, the so far beautiful exotic South America destinations, great tasks, and close finishes.

As for next week's "will be talked about" ending... I am thinking its going to be a very, very close finish between the last two teams and ultimately Romber getting eliminated.

I would love for it to be Charla and Mirna narrowly beating Romber to the finish line.

Also, I think there has been an unnecessary focus on Romber in these first three episodes. The editors have made it seem like this is TAR7 all over again, but in reality, the other teams could care less.

I'm hoping this early focus on them means they are out very, very soon.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I HIGHLY doubt CBS will allow Romber out this soon. Despite how hated they are by many they are a ratings draw for the show. Romber might come in last place but it will be a Non-Elimination Round (a planned one of course :))

In the past when I have watched TAR I don't miss any at all. The 2nd week I taped it and FF through a large part of it.

This week I watched all of it but I got distracted very easy. There are just several teams that are being so stupid this time and are not playing like All Star teams and as far as seeing the teams back on my screen again - the only ones I get that feeling about are Uchenna/Joyce (and they have made huge mistakes); Danny/Oswald (love them but they just don't get the coverage that other teams are getting this time it seems); and the CoalMiners (but they were not up to All Star game play at all).

some of the other teams are okay, but many of them I never liked. Charla/Mirna I can tolerate; the beauty queens are growing on me; Eric/Danielle are okay but not All Star material at all - but the rest of them are awful and I can't stand. And I am not the only one. I detest Team Guido, Romber, and Teri/Ian.

I didn't like Teri/Ian the first time around and still can't. If they had to pick an older team there were so many better ones they could have picked. I would have especially loved to see the Bowling Moms get another chance. Gretchen/Meredith are probably too old now but they were tough competitors, and they stayed right in there with Romber.

I just hope this ends the All Star talks for awhile. All 3 have been very disappointing for me. I want to see the Biggest Losers from each show come back and be given another try against one another.

• Members

I'm betting Romber get eliminated. I'm so crossing my fingers for it. According to the eliminated teams so far, they were asked CONSTANTLY about Romber. It was all forced.

And I'd DIE if it was a footrace between Charla and Mirna and Romber.

• Members

I don't doubt that the teams were forced to talked about Romber.

While the TAR previews are always misleading and tricky, I do hope that little confrontation between Charla & Mirna and Romber is a big one all leading up to the big ending!

Phil's preview at Yahoo talks about the ending changing the game forever... hmm... I hope that means that we will never see Romber anywhere near TAR ever again.

And about Romber, they certainly aren't doing anything for the ratings this time around. It seems like its just the dedicated TAR fans watching (as they have been through TAR8-TAR10.

• Members

WTG Danny & Oswald!!!! I <3 Team Cha Cha Cha!!!! :D They drew me into watching TAR when I came across it back in season 2 so they've always been my favorites of my favorites.

I'm glad Romber are gone. With their arrogance, I'm surprised they didn't spell it "Phillipeons." :rolleyes:

• Members

"LEVEL 5 ON THE TREADMILL!!!!!!!"

Haha - I'm glad Charla and Mirna beat Romber. I love to hate Charla/Mirna, but just hate Romber. I agree, the editing in the first 10 minutes definitely made it obvious as to what would happen.

Still love the Beauty Queens. That b!tch Karlyn didn't even help write the letter.

• Members

Thank You Jesus!!!!!!!!!!

I was screaming and hollerin' at th TV like I hadn't in years. I danced across the room when Romber got axed. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

LMAO at Oswald/Danny offering Phil to come along with them on their prize trip.

Phil: That would be for an entirely different show. (or something like that)

Bwah!!!! I love that Karlyn didn't write a letter to Dustin and Chiclet Teeth partner. I <3 Lyn and Karlyn.

Love everyone except Eric/Dani and BQ's.

• Members

Phil gave away the ending in the preview last week, but it was still freakin' exciting! AND AWESOME!!

WOOHOO! I loved it!!

Except for Danielle, I love everyone left in the Race. This is great, that's never happened before, me loving everyone left in the Race and with 7 teams left!

The letters were cute. But why Marshall & Lance? It should've been Colin & Christie.

:lol: to JUST Lyn writing the letter for the BQs... and Susan & Patrick? :blink:

TARAS has been simply amazing. I don't know how any TAR fan can say it hasn't been. :)

Archived