ALL: Unpopular opinions

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have some unpopular favorites and non-favorites. Guess I can spout here.

At first I liked Brandon Beemer but now I just can hardly look at him. He has a crude look that grates on me.

Belle is the most boring female character.

Together Belle and Shawn are the pits.

Billie defiitely isn't one of my favorites, either.

I want Chelsea to actually be Hope and Bo's daughter.

EJ needs to be electrocuted everytime he thinks of Sami.

I want John to be Shawn, Sr's child with Tony's mother (forgot her name).

Before Willow, I wanted Jan back.

• Members

cool, cool...ya, I can be weird like that and when I first heard that LW was taking over I nearly gave up all hope. but, in what may be another unpopular opinion(not sure, cuz I don't post a whole lot about GH here) I actually like LW right now! What irks the heck outta me is that Guza can't write something different!! I'm tired of her and Sonny, and yes, before peeps out there try and remind me that they have kids together, I don't care....Carly and Sonny are through, finished, no more, cooked, and all that buisness.

• Members
You know what. I kind of agree with you here. I really can't stand Sami without Lucas. It's like Ali said in that recent interview... It always does seem like when she's away from Lucas or when they're fighting, that's when she loses her cool and makes big mistakes.

Other then that...

* I like Ashley Jones

* I like Roger Howarth

* Can't stand Luke on ATWT

* I love Jenn Landon (I think that's a pretty unpopulair opinion atleast on this board. Not so much on others)

* I like Billie Reed

• Members

THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS

BEST Y&R ACTORS

Peter Bergman

Eileen Davidson

Sharon Case

Jeanne Cooper

Greg Rikaart

Victoria Rowell

Melody Thomas Scott

BEST Y&R CHARACTERS

Drucilla Barber Winters, Jack Abbott (Peter Bergman), Mackenzie Browning (Ashley Bashioum), Raul Guittierez, Diane Jenkins (Alex Donnelley), Brittany Hodges, Victoria Newman (Heather Tom & Amelia Heinle), Kevin Fisher, Nikki Newman, Lily Winters Romalotti (Davetta Sherwood), Neil Winters, Cassie Newman, Victor Newman, Sharon Newman, Katherine Chancellor, Leanna Love, Ashley Abbott (Eileen Davidson), Daniel Romalotti Jr., Nicholas Newman, Michael Baldwin, Carmen Mesta, Tricia Dennison McNeil, Phyllis Summers Newman (Michelle Stafford & Sandra Nelson), Jill Foster Abbott (Jess Walton), Jana Hawkes, John Abbott, Veronica Landers

BEST SOAP WRITING TEAM

Lynn Marie Latham, Scott Hamner, Natalie Minardi Slater, Paula Cwikly, [s.W.S.N.B.N.] , Sara A. Bibel, James Stanley, Josh Griffith, Rick Draughon, Cherie Bennett, Eric Freiwald, Janice Ferri Esser, Linda Schreiber, Joshua S. McCaffrey, Sandra Weintraub, Bernard Lechowick, Lynsey DuFour, Chris Abbott, Jeff Gottesfeld

BEST SOAP ENSEMBLE: Y&R

MORE UNPOPULAR Y&R OPINIONS

I would love to see CBS & SOAPnet promote the hell out of Y&R; should air in primetime on CBS

Latham breathed new life into Y&R; she’s really good, but not great

Latham made the right choice to fire J. F. Smith (he did more harm to the show than Latham has done)

Latham made the wrong choice to kill off John Abbott (Some believe she was sending a message to some actors who felt that she was not paying enough attention to their character; particularly J. Cooper)

Latham/Hamner/Griffith don’t know enough of the show’s most recent history (1995- 2004)

I worry that Latham will fire another talented actor this year (S. Case? D. Davidson?)

It was wrong to fire: C. Grimes, E. Davidson, D. Sherwood

Latham’s husband, Lechowick, is their weakest script writer

A writing team should consist of at least 20 writers; with at least 8 script writers

Bennett & Gottesfeld are the best additions to the writing team since Latham

Noel Maxam, Dean LaMont & Andrew Lee are their best directors

H. Tom shouldn’t return cuz Heinle is rocking as icy princess Victoria

More eps should be written by two-member teams like Bennett/Gottesfeld & Freiwald/Schreiber

T. Luckinbill is on his way to becoming a “veteran”

More character should be religious/spiritual (ie. Non-denominational Christian)

S. S. Hayes should be offered a contract to play the sharp-witted/Gloria-hater, Joanna Manning

T. E. Bergmann should always remain on recurring status

Stafford is much better suited to play Sheila Carter this time around

Characters should never forget about their children (Victor Jr, Kate Valentine, Keemo Volien, Kyle Abbott, Heather Stevens Lynch, Ricardo Williams, Scott Grainger, Jr.)

More screen time for non-white characters: Lillie Belle Barber, Mamie Johnson, Ji Min Kim

Old School Revival: I want a Williams, Brooks, Chancellor & Foster family revival, even if its short term (a la 2003) with the original or most recent actor who played them to return

Jill should become celibate for at least a year (How many men has she ------?)

Dina Abbott Mergeron is the character that needs to return the most

Brian Hamilton, Daniel Jr.’s biological dad, should return

They should stop with the back & forth employments b/w Jabot Cosmetics & Newman Enterprises (How many times they Brad switch?)

There should be a moratorium on SORASing for at least 2 years. Place a moratorium on producing new eps for an entire week

• Members

Okay I'll get stuck in.

General

- I don't believe in SORASing ever.

- I'd be quite happy for soaps to adopt a filmic look.

Y&R

- I don't dislike Lynn Marie Latham's tenure and so far would take it over Jack Smith.

- Michael and Lauren bore me.

- I think Nikki Newman more often than not looks like a bad mess and not good for her age.

- I can't stand the opening or theme tune. It's so blah and wan.

- Sharon's a goddess.

- It was a good decision to kill off Cassie Newman.

B&B

- I love Brooke, don't think she's a whore and believe KKL to be obscenely underrated when she's given decent material.

- Bradley Bell is not a genius.

- I don't much like Clarke at all and am not bothered that he's barely on.

- Lesley Anne Down is hammy and Jackie is a bore.

- Felicia should have died. She's grated on my nerves ever since she came back from the dead.

ATWT

- Elizabeth Hubbard often overacts (this is a recent thing, she used to be much more controlled).

- Bob and Kim are a little dull. I would rather Marie Masters have a contract than Kathryn Hays.

- I haven't liked Ellen Dolan as Margo for years.

- Jade could be an interesting, useful character.

GL

- I like the show in its current incarnation.

- I prefer Nicole Forrester to Laura Wright as Cassie.

- I'm not bothered by the amount of screentime given to Jonathan and Tammy.

- I hate Mallett.

- I love the opening.

DOOL

- Frances Reid sometimes makes me cringe with her line delivery and has done for years. :o

- John and Marlena do not appeal to me as a couple at all.

- I would be quite happy for Joe Mascolo never to return.

- Shawn Sr should be killed off.

- Though the character isn't bad, EJ Wells being Elvis Jr is stupid. In fact the whole SORASed timeframe on the show is fucked up and an insult to any viewer with half a brain cell.

- Lucas is annoying.

- Deidre Hall as been over the top for the past twenty years. It fit some stories but not others.

- I liked Greta.

- Tom Langan had some good stories/characters even if the show became a mess. Brady returning and torturing Marlena for instance.

PASSIONS

- JER needs to be fired. He's been given too many chances to fix a sinking ship.

- I can't stand Rebecca.

GH

- The show will remain turgid until the Sonny/Carly relationship is ended for good. Preferably with their deaths.

- Tracy is a cartoon shadow of her former self.

- I'd be quite happy to see the back of Mac Scorpio.

- The character of Ric Lansing is no longer interesting, at all.

AMC

- Susan Lucci is overrated.

- I much preferred Robin Mattson to Kate Collins as Janet.

- I'm quite happy for the show to experiment with different camera techniques.

- Ruth Martin should be on the show though I don't care who plays her.

- It does not bother me that David Hayward has gone.

OLTL

- Dorian is often too cartoonish for my taste.

- The collective McBain/Vega clans suck the life out of the show.

- I've not found the show very entertaining since Gary Tomlin left.

- I liked Ty Treadway.

- The show lost all credibility when Victor Lord came back from the dead.

- Rex should have a bigger role.

- The concept of Adriana as a character is fine but the actress sucks.

- I loved, loved, LOVED the Daniel Colson story.

• Members

James! LOL, I *uberlove* Y&R's opening theme.

Days:

-I hate Stefano and the DiMera's and would be quite happy if they never returned. Victor, the Kiriakises and the Alameins were MUCH more compelling villains, IMO. I would love it if Carly, Lawrence, Nicholas and Vivian returned to the show instead. LOVE it. C&L were my fave couple back in the day.

-Having said that, bring on Kristen Blake! I love Eileen Davidson. I hope they make her more rounded, though, instead of just the cartoon villainess who everybody hates. ED certainly has the capacity to make you sympathize with her.

-Bring on Peter Blake, too.

-Nothing against Lauren Koslow, but I think she's shreiky to be Kate. Deborah Adair will always be the definitive Kate for me.

-I liked Lisa Rinna's Billie and thought she and RKK's Bo were amazing. However, having seen Peter Reckell's amazing work recently, I don't know if I could choose between the two Bo's (RKK was my favorite for a long while). That being said, Julie Pinson has won me over because she gets Billie's vulnerability and basic goodness.

-TrueAustin = Patrick Muldoon, even though he probably looks like a Ronn Moss doll nowadays.

-Sami is too much. She's only tolerable with Lucas and Matt Cedeno's Brandon.

-I liked Chloe & Brady in the early days of their relationship.

-Jennifer & Jack -- meh. I much preferred Jack's relationship chemistry with characters like Steve and Jo Johnson.

-I love Steve and Kayla but -- and I hate to admit this -- MBE has been disappointing me with her performance since she came back. They don't seem to be writing many layers to her character.

-Shane & Kimberly were OK but i haven't really been missing them since they left. I loved Shane's daughter Eve, though.

-I cannot help but like John & Marlena. Even though their relationship is so overwrought and cliched, I still like 'em. And even though Hogestyn ties with Ronn Moss as worst male lead actor in soaps, i would never want him to leave Days as the show would really be lacking in something. Like, what drinking game would I play without taking a swig everytime John exercised his incredible arching eyebrow?

Archived