ALL: Unpopular opinions

• Members

Y&R:

I prefer Adrianne Leon as NuColleen to Lindsey Fonseca as OriginalColleen (although I thought LF was alright).

Wish JT would leave. Never saw the point of him. Even his "famous" abs leave me underwelmed.

I know everyone makes fun of the mumbling but I think Eric Braeden is the bomb and a very good actor.

Judith Chapman has won me over as Gloria -- another good actor who embraces her role completely -- although I am still looking for some payback for poisoning the skin cream.

GH:

Don't like LW as Carly. She's not acting, she is doing a parody of a portrayal of what she thinks Sarah Brown's acting might look like if Sarah Brown were starring in "Laguna Beach". "Nuh-UH!" head roll? Check. Shrieking and snarling at the ready? Check. Jaw jutting out like a signpost to Malibu? Check.

Even though I hate the mob, I quite like Jason and think Steve Burton could act -- if given the material.

Tyler Christopher is probably the best young male actor on the show -- again, the material just doesn't do anything for him.

I hatedhatedHATED Courtney but sometimes I wish she were back so I'd have more than MB, LW and NL to make fun of.

I liked Tamara Braun as Carly. And I thought that original CarLo was worthy of old-school Supercouple status -- if it had been allowed to flourish.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R:

I really don't get Michael and Lauren together. They're great characters separately, but it's a "huh?" couple for me.

B&B:

I think Bradley Bell is a genius and I wouldn't want anyone else to write the show.

I hate Nick and think that Jack Wagner has no talent.

Bridget=Jennifer Finnigan, end of story.

ATWT:

I love Jade but hate Adam.

I love Gwen but hate Will.

I love Carly but hate Jack.

I love Katie but hate Mike.

I hate Paul, but love Roger Howarth.

This show really does not write male characters well, lol.

• Members

A few more:

- I absolutely abhor SORASing. In the past I have tolerated it, but not anymore. It has gotten so far out of hand, is taken to the extreme, and gives daytime a bad name.

- On Days, I absolutely think when EJ shot John so cold-blooded as he did, and then forced (same as rape to me) Sami to have sex with him - he became just like Johnathan Lavery on AMC and is now beyond redemption. I do not want to see him redeemed. He is forever ruined for me. He is no longer a unique villian he is a cold-blooded evil loon. He crossed the line and will never be able to go back in my opinion. Hogan took EJ to a place that he never even took Craig (who EJ is being written like). Craig was evil, but I never saw him even as evil as EJ is being written.

- As much as I hate SORASing, I hate de-SORASing even more.

- I think Y&R is the best show on daytime right now, and better than it has been in a few years.

- I think AMC and OLTL are both improving now, but I enjoy AMC more than OLTL right now. The changes are being made subtlely but they are there, and the shows are on fire and do not seem to be shows in transition either.

- I don't think Passions should be cancelled. As campy and bad as it may be at times, it is still one of the only shows that I enjoy on a daily basis. I watch it for pure entertainment and it never fails. It is the Gilligan's Island of daytime for me.

- I think GH should win the DAytime Emmy for Best Series this year. It has been inconsistent but so has every other show on the air this year. It has more great moments and great stories overall than the others though.

- I think GH has been wonderful since November and fully deserves it's 3rd place hold on the ratings for the last few weeks.

• Members

Hello all, long time lurker first time poster. It may not be the best thread for my first post but what the hell!

I was an AW fan (my first soap) but cancelling it for Passions was a smart move. The show was horrible at the end. I also thought the actress playing Rachel phoned every performance in.

DAYS:

-Bringing back Peter Reckell over RKK was the worst casting decision ever (including Charity Rhamer as Belle). I fail to see PR's sex appeal and he bothers me to no end.

-I love Bonnie, JEL is a great actress and though I loved Vivian I'd much rather have Bonnie and the Lockharts as the comic relief. The show can use some bluecollar people.

• Members

Here's a few of mine:

Robert Kelker-Kelly made a better Bo Brady than Peter Reckell does. And I watched Peter before RKK as well.

Jill Farren Phelps is a very good executive producer. I generally like her shows when she's EP, while I don't always agree with every decision she makes.

Julie Hanan Carruthers is as much at fault for the state of AMC as McTavish is.

I like Nick & Phyllis and would much rather see them as a couple than Jack & Phyllis.

I like Brad Carlton.

I don't think Jack Smith is a good writer.

I never thought Beth Milstein should be head writer of 'Days of our Lives'

I LOVE Willow!

• Members

Juniorz I agee with all of them except for the Willow one. I absolutely hate her.

I know it will come as a surprise that I think you are right about RKK better as Bo. Esp. since I am madly in love with Peter Reckell. I still don't like him as well as Bo especially him being John Aniston's son on the show. I think RKK fits better and fits better with Alfonso.

The only problem I had with RKK is that Bo was always deemed to be much older than Hope. That was Doug's biggest problem with Bo in the beginning was his age. He was the older boy who had done been out in the world and here he was corrupting his little princess. RKK has such a youthful appearnace it was lost that he was older than Hope.

Also he and Steve/Patch were seen as contemporaries and that dyanamic was lost for me with that too. RKK looks so much younger than Patch while Reckell and Nichols are contemporaries and can play that part better.

• Members

Alright, I'll take a stab at this...

ATWT

- I liked Katie until they paired her with Mike.

- I want James back.

- I don't like Barbara as a b!tch.

- I loved Craig during Sheffer's run as HW.

- I loved the Spa storyline.

- I hated Jennifer Munson.

- Paul and Meg absolutely suck as a couple.

- I still don't like Zach Roerig as Casey.

- I haven't been interested in Jack & Carly as a couple in ages.

- I didn't think the Simon/Carly pairing was THAT bad (in the beginning).

- Leah Laiman's brief time as HW wasn't as bad as people make it out to be.

- I enjoyed the AW crossovers, and wish the show would keep doing them.

DAYS

- Austin Peck was not THAT bad all the time.

- I'm not interested in seeing Victor and Caroline as a couple.

- I've hated Kate since 2004, and I still want her off the show.

- I don't want to see Philip back (especially with JKJ).

- I loved the Banks siblings and wouldn't mind if they were brought back with Kristen.

- I still don't like Billie.

- I'm not interested in a potential Nick/Chelsea pairing.

- Steve and Kayla's return wasn't nearly as horrible as some make it out to be.

- I'd rather Mickey stay offscreen than be recast again.

I'll have more for GL and PSNS later.

• Members

I think I only have a couple but thought I would throw them out with everyone else:

I don't like Zendall . I thought they had great chemistry at the beginning when they met in Vegas but McTavish threw it away. I could have gotten over Kendall being with Zach after sleeping with his brother Michael but no way can I get over her being with Zach after sleeping with his son as well. Chemistry or not its disgusting to me.

I think Kendall has been trashed beyond repair. I did'nt like AM when she first started but she gradually won me over but after the Ryan begging, Greenlee bonding, and spermgate she lost me. I don't like the character anymore. What is completely ironic is the Kendall I loved originally was created by McTavish. She can't even write her own characters well.

I liked RKK better as Bo too.

I hated Jack and Jennifer on DAYS. From the very beginning. I also wished Jennifer would die I hated the character so much.

I want Maxie with Lucky on GH. At least she makes him interesting.

I liked Lucy with Damain on ATWT. They were one of the only reasons I watched the show during the summer.

I would rather certain soaps be cancelled than watch them as they currently are. At least I would have some good memories of them. Of course I will probably change my mind about that in ten years when there are none left on the air.

• Members

:lol: LOL. Ouch!! :lol:

ITA 100% w/ these, and will add:

--I've always thought that Carly and Jack were overrated, and will never be a fan of theirs for the one simple reason that most of their fans (not all, but a lot of them) are total b!tches and lunatics and think that the couple can do no wrong, and don't stop complaining until the two are back together.

--I loved Julia #1. I just hated that they turned the character into a psycho. But I would love to see her back.

-- I also liked Julia #2. I wasn't too upset that she left, but she was a good character nonetheless. I hated that they killed her off, though, to prop up Lily and Carly.

--I thought the spa storyline was complete genius, and Hogan is a fricking crazy bastard for coming up w/ that insane [!@#$%^&*], and that the show only started getting bad afterwards when the campiness and craziness got to be too much.

--If it meant giving them storylines, I wouldn't mind seeing Kim and Bob (and Tom and Margo too) split up.

--I find the older characters on the show a lot more interesting than the younger characters: always have and always will.

• Members

Oooh, I agree with these. And I said it before, and I say it again... I don't like Viki at all. I don't care what people think, she is nothing but a boring woman no matter what she does. I don't feel that she's the heart of the show, or that it needs to revolve around her and her ridiculous family (Lords and Buchanan.) When she leaves, I'll rejoice because it would be that much more enjoyable not having to watch her pop up giving advice to everyone like she's God in Llanview.

Another... the biggest mistake that they ever made is making Natalie a Buchanan and Jessica not one. The Natalie character just seem to go downhill from there, and everytime she gets around her "family" no matter what the problem is, all conversation eventually ends up to be about her.

Archived