ALL: Unpopular opinions

• Members

I continue to flove this thread! Thanks Rion! :D:D

In the beginning I liked Michael and Lauren. They were fun, hip, and total opposites. But Y&R has a tendency to take great couples in the making and turn them into a snooze. But Paul and Lauren were HOT. The chemistry between them today was fabulous and natural. Remember the love scenes when Paul and Lauren got hitched. SQUEEEEE.

Sigh, Meryl Streep always puts a smile on her face. Love her. She can make anything tolerable :)

Okay MORE unpopular opinions

-I thought Camryn Grimes deserved the emmy last year over Jennifer Landon

-I never got the appeal of The Young & the Restless Malcolm, and YES he is re-castable

-I prefer Katherine and Jill like this, instead of the bickering on The Young & the Restless

-Lesli Anne Downs' Jackie is dull on The Bold & the Beautiful

-I think James Scott is overhyped on Days of Our Lives

-Never really could stand Abe or James Reynolds on Days of Our Lives

-I thought that Maggie, or better yet, Suzanne Rogers performance in the SSK story on Days of Our Lives was the best thing about it

-I liked the first Daniel on The Young & the Restless and hoped to see more of him. Still like MG though

-I think LML's writing style is a combination of Kay Alden and Jack Smith on The Young & the Restless

-They should have never aged Will on As the World Turns

-Adrianne Leon's Colleen and Kevin should be tearing off each other's clothes on The Young & the Restless

-I miss Cady McClain on As the World Turns

-I don't give a damn about Mac on General Hospital

-General Hospital knows how to entertain its fans and get them talking

-Susan Flannery overpowers Katherine Kelly Lang on The Bold & the Beautiful

-John McCook on The Bold & the Beautiful is a so-so actor

-Darlene Conley is what used to tune me into The Bold & the Beautiful

-I think that Michelle Stafford has come along way

-I thought Sandra Nelson made a great vixen on The Young & the Restless

-I think the current cast of Guiding Light is overrated, while the cast of One Life to Live is vastly underrated. I admit that back in the day GL had an incredible cast though.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't technically remember Paul and Lauren's wedding. Which reminds me...I should see if it's up at youtube. But, I remember FLOVIN' Paul and Lauren back in the day. It's really sad when you realize no other pairing for either character has done anything for me in the past twenty years. *shudders thinking back on Scott and Lauren*

OMG..how could I have forgotten...

Pair up Babs and Dusty on ATWT!!!! I never want to see Grayson McCouch wasted on another actress younger than 35 ever again...but there's just something about CZP and GM that would be dayum hawt, even if it's a 8.5 on the incest scale. *grumbles* B&B does it all the time.

• Members

I'll just do a few right now.

- I love Lynn Latham

- I am starting to think that Hogan Sheffer is good but very overrated. He has disappointed with many of his stories at Days. Many of them are not carbon copies of ATWT but very very close. Victor/Kate/Roman are James/Barbara/Hal. Philip is Paul Stenbeck. Billie/Nick are now copies of Molly/Chris. EJ is Craig. And so on and on. They are following very very very similar patterns that the ATWT characters followed under Hogan. He is playing it way too safe to me, and not taking any risks.

- I love Zarf/Zoe on All My Children

- I agree with Keith. Kristen is not needed back on Days. They need to work with who they have.

- I am so sick and tired of psycho characters on soaps.

- I am sick and tired of bad evil guys being redeemed.

• Members

ATWT

-Hunt Block OWNS the part of Craig.Jeffrey Meek is too wooden he's not Craig he's just a James Stenbeck clone and he would be perfect for the part of Ridge on B&B.

-Jon Hensley is the worst actor on ATWT but luckily for him playing a dumbo like Holden doesn't take much of an actor.

-I'm glad CarJack split up they had no chemistry together but both Maura West and Michael Park had amazing chemistry with Hunt Block.

-I hated Cady McClain as Rosanna.

-I love Barbara and Emily they're my favourite characters on the show right now if only someone would write them a good storyline.

EastEnders

I hate Max Branning he's nothing but a poor imitation of Den Watts.

Chelsea Fox is horrible please get rid of her and replace her with an actress that can act.

Billy and Honey are the best couple on the show.

With killing off Pauline they killed off a huge part of EE's history

Kevin Wicks is the best new character of 2006

Shaun Slater is the worst new character of 2006

All Soaps

Colleen Zenk Pinter is the best actress in US daytime

Hunt Block should be back on US television he would be an omprovement to any soap

B&B is the worst US soap with the worst actors and actresses with the exception of the woman who plays Stefanie

• Members

Fun!

DAYS

I think James Scott is overrated

AMC

I think Susan Lucci is overrated-actually think Liza, her daughter, is a better actress

I preferred Brooke over Erica

Also think Cameron Mathison is overrated and would be better suited making a full-time deal with Extra

Sean and Colby have grown on me

I like Zoe/Zarf and think Jeffrey is doing an amazing job. I went into this story with an open mind and I am glad I did.

Since I think JS is overrated, I didn't care when Ethan died.

I find Jamie and Julia to be sweet

I liked Babe up until recently

Tad and Dixie are fine and everything but I don't get the big hype...I guess I don't get it because I was only 3 when they started. Hehe

Never liked Ryan & Kendall.

Alicia Minshew has shown amazing growth this past year working with Thorsten Kaye. She was always a good actress but now she is a great actress

While I have always loved AM & TK, their characters didn't become favorites until they were paired together. Before I was indifferent to Zach & Kendall now Zach and Kendall are my reasons for watching AMC

I love the relationship Zach is building with Spike. Zach and Kendall is really all the Spikester needs

I like Annie and think MCE is doing a great job

GH

I never really warmed up to Sarah Brown's Carly. Tamara Braun's Carly will always be my favorite #1 Carly.

The only time I can stand Sonny is when he is with Carly

I try really hard not to get caught up in Carson but I always end up getting caught up *stinkeye*

PSNS

I am both a Theresa & Gwen fan...I can't hate either! <_< I blame it on Lindsay and Liza. LOL

Mark isn't Fox. Fox left when Justin did!

• Members

Here's a few more:

- I love when older characters are featured in their own storylines

- I don't think Hunt Block is irreplaceable

- I like Jeffrey Meek as Craig Montgomery

- I hated Jack & Jennifer as a couple on Days

- I liked Robin Mattson as Janet Green better than Kate Collins

- I love Josh Taylor as Roman on Days

• Members

ATWT

~ Hunt Block is extremely overrated.

~ Craig Montgomery is a boring character. As are Paul and Dusty.

~ I love Jade and I always have.

~ Don't see the point of Ellwood at all, airtime or lack thereof.

~ I don't like seeing Nancy involved with Katie. Yes, it's nice to see her at all, but not with Katie.

~ Tom is boring, but important to show. The right writing can make him interesting.

~ I love Bob and Kim as a couple, but I don't think they are necessarily set for life right now like Nancy and Chris were. It'd be interesting to see them break up, for good this time.

~ I still love Emily, but I get disappointed in her.

~ Ditto for Gwen.

~ Zach Roerig fades in and out of good acting. Hell, sometimes he's really really great.

~ I don't think that Luke *needs* a romantic storyline right now. Just some sort of continuation of his coming out.

~ And Lucinda deserves a continuation of her breast cancer storyline. It was dropped, no matter how you spin it. The storyline was dropped.

~ Vienna has her good moments, but for the most part, she is useless.

~ I can still muster up a like for Katie, but it's rare nowadays.

~ I love Mike and Katie's endless seasons of sex. I love them as a couple.

~ Dallas was/is boring. Way too dull for Jade.

~ I'm not okay with Jessica being seen only for her work. I want my girl DOING THINGS.

~ I love Lily and Holden.

~ I hate Meg.

~ Adam is not straight. He isn't. He is NOT straight.

AMC

~ I hate Kendall. I never experienced SMG's Kendall on a regular basis, but I've been watching since a year or so before Alicia's arrival and I can honestly say that I've hated Kendall more than liked her. I hated her from her return in 2002 up until united with Erica and Bianca (but I did flove her and Ryan as a couple, the first time around). I then liked her from around that time (I want to say late summer 2003) until she desperately, pathetically schemed to get with Ryan again (around April 2004). I then liked her again when she got with Ethan (August 2004), but that was short-lived. And I've hated her since then.

~ I hate Zach and Kendall and I wish they'd stop wasting my time with their "love." These losers don't love each other. They're each other's [!@#$%^&*]. Kendall defends Zach for all of his crazy [!@#$%^&*] and he defends her. It's truly ridiculous and they belong together. But not on my screen.

~ I hated hated hated Edmund and Maria and thought that they were indeed the most boring couple I've ever seen on soap. And there were people here on SON telling me that the first 25 years of AMC were NOTHING because Edmund and Maria were not there. Yeah...right. I loved that Edmund died (not the circumstances, though) because it finally made Maria [!@#$%^&*]y and interesting. I'll never forget when all of the AMC divas had brunch at the Valley Inn and ended up tearing into each other. (Maria points to Kendall: "Apple." She points to Erica: "Tree.")

~ This is going back a few years, but I floved Kenny, Fusion's lawyer, and I so wanted him and Simone to be together.

~ Joni/Reggie = HOT.

~ I hate Zach, and I especially hate them using Myrtle as a prop for him.

~ I loved Babe for a very long time. I loved her from the day she was introduced (as a "Dynasty"-loving, cow-collecting, someone-I-could-know-in-real-life ditz) until she married JR the second time. She has just become a stupid, idiotic fool and I long for the old days.

~ I loved Krystal, but for a much shorter span of time. I did love her throughout the baby switch though.

~ JR is pure evil and the sooner he dies, the better. Colby makes a better partner-in-crime for Adam.

~ Dixie is pathetic, but damn I love her.

~ Del is not bad because he is pointless. He's bad because they de-SORAS-ed the hell out of him.

~ Needless to say, I love Josh. Not the unaborted fetus part. I liked it when he was trying to dethrone Erica at New Beginnings. He was so cute, all ambitious and determined and stuff.

~ Ryan...I like Ryan and have for a long time. I couldn't care less if he throws Kendall off the top of Fusion. I only hate it when he goes to the hospital, bossing Joe around and I particularly hated it when he said that he was "the only family that they've got," in regards to the Kane women.

~ I miss Greenlee. Didn't think I would, but I do.

~ Jamie and Julia are good together.

~ Aidan is nothing but TPTB's experimental love partner for new women in town. Just like Kendall is the experimental love partner for the men. Amanda, Erin, and Di have all taken a ride on the Aidan-train. Kendall's bedded most of the men who have been introduced to the show since 2002 and I wouldn't put it past her to cheat on Zach with Jeff.

~ I miss David. I hoped for and anticipated the family unit of David, Krystal, and Babe.

~ The last time JR was played by a good actor was in 2002 with Jonathan Bennett. Andrew Ridings was notoriously bad, as Jacob Young is terribly overrated.

~ Lee Meriwether makes a good Ruth for the compacity that she is seen in now. But they ever thought to make her a contract character again, Mary Fickett would be greatly preferred. And this comes from someone who's seen only, maybe 20 or 30 clips of Fickett's Ruth.

~ The Tyler family should have never been replaced by the Cortlandts, though I love the Cortlandts. I would have loved to see Ann Tyler with Adam.

~ Lily and Aidan's friendship was sweet and innocent.

~ Reggie was one-note, but he perfectly served the purpose of that one note. Danielle should be seducing Sean, even though she is slightly older.

~ I liked Erin, for the most part. Loved her and Aidan, especially the stuff about her being a virgin.

~ Annie and Emma both need to leave town.

Gosh, I know I could probably go on for hours with this, but I won't.

• Members

GH

Maurice Bernard sucks overrated old geezer who has the sex appeal of a snail.

Laura Wright also sucks, horrible Carly recast.

Kelly Monaco is all boobs and no acting ability whatsoever and could she [!@#$%^&*] speak up

I preferred Carly with Lorenzo

Y&R

Eric Braeden is highly overrated, the show should have kept John and killed Victor

DOOL

Sami and Lucas are horrible together, no chemsitry

• Members

Ahem.

GH:

Sonny and Jason suck the entire air out of the show. I love Steve and can say that.

Vanessa Marcil isn't even on the show and even gone she still wipes the floor with all the idiotic caricatures they have created to try and replace her, ie Carly and Sam. Hell, she should still have her name in the credits because just the memory of her beats down the portrayals of those two.

Sam McCall just may be daytime's biggest whore. At least you get why B&B's Brooke is a superwhore.

When Laura Wright tries to play "vulnerable" I find it as laughable as the dead possum passing as her hair.

Julie Bergman's Lulu is overrated and bratty. Their attempts to make her the future super heroine are extremly transparent as she is endowed with qualities from all the show favorites ie Laura, Luke, Carly, Bobbie, as well as their attempts to try to find every moment they can to pair her with the show's Super Jocks ie Sonny and Jason.

As I have said before, Michael needs to die and I don't care how they do it, just get it done.

Y&R:

I prefer Amelia Heinle and her vulnerable Victoria to horsefaced Heather Tom and I don't give a damn if that's mean.

TIIC attempts to make Jack such a loser and Victor and his clan the forever winners is having the opposite effect.

Peter Bergman is a Soap God.

99 percent of the time, Victor is f-in annoying.

Nikki Newman is a stuck up, low class beotch who throws her money in other people's faces. I have a love/hate relationship with her at times and right now she's on my hit list because the vast majority of the time I love her, Lol. Love Melody.

They should have let her get with Bobby. That was HOT.

I hate the pumping up of the lunatic Baldwin clan and I love Michael and can say that.

The old guard, Katherine, Jill, Jack, Victor, Nikki, Ashley, Dru, Neil, wipe the floor with these azzclowns LML is trying to make us buy into. All the teens, with the exception of Daniel, who is marvelous, stink the place up royally.

Why does anyone consider JT sexy?

Sheila needs to kill Amber before she leaves Y&R. Stat.

LML has good story ideas, but she is a half azzed hack of a writer who couldn't follow through on a story to save her life. Her ideas need to be counter acted by someone.

She most likely has Bill Bell rolling over in his grave, and the vast majority of soap heads furious.

AMC:

Babe, and the constant pimping of how "Babe is a loving earth mother" no matter what she does is the downfall of the entire show.

ATWT:

Who the hell is this goon passing as Craig Montgomery? I'm glad I stopped watching.

Rosana Cabot's leaving was the day I left because I loves Cady McClain

Julia kicked azz and they made a mistake killing her off just to pump up Lily and Carly.

B&B

Will they please stop acting as if this overgrown California cheerleader is the sexiest woman alive? All the women in LA and somehow Brooke has the golden pelvis...

Susan Flannery is the top goddess of daytime. There is noone better.

DAYS:

Just might take that number one spot sooner than people think.

• Members

B&B

-Ridge and Brooke belong together

-Taylor should have stayed dead

-Felicia should have stayed dead

-Joseph Mascolo should never have went to B&B

-I wanted to see the Eric/Caitlin/Thomas storyline they had originally planned

DAYS

-Steve and Kayla are the most boring couple since Eric and Nicole

-Steve belongs with Billie

-Farah Fath is the only Mimi

-The Lockharts were never needed in Salem

-The SSK storyline was phenominal until Tony's death

-JER is not the bad writer everyone claims he is (he has low-budget breakdown writers, that's the problem)

-Shawn and Belle are not, nor shall they ever be classified as a supercouple

-Lucas and Sami should be close friends and nothing else, much more interested when they're at each other's throats

-EJ and Sami belong together!!!

-John and Marlena are the best damn couple in the show's history

-Bo and Hope can be very boring at times, even during their "adventure" storylines

Y&R

-LML is the female version of JER

-Christel Khalil is Lily Winters

-Eileen Davidson should have never went back to Y&R

-Victor and Ashley are more interesting than Victor and Nikki

-I liked the recent Sheila storyline (penned under Jack Smith)

-Jack Smith was a much better writer than LML

-Nikki Newman is a very boring character (now; I know she wasn't before)

-Gloria and Kevin are great characters :)

• Members

I forgot DAYS...

DAYS

~ I hate the Bradys, except for Sami and Caroline. Even Sami gets to me every now and then.

~ I hate the supercouple stigma. I'm sorry, but when you have 3586024 supercouples on one show, things WILL(!) GET(!) BORING(!). If Steve and Kayla break up, they will only get back together. If Bo and Hope break up, they will only get back together. John and Marlena, Shawn and Belle, Lucas and Sami...IT NEVER FUCKIN ENDS! And fans seem determined more than ever to put Max and Abby in the same boat.

~ I hate the fact that if you aren't Horton or a Brady, you are "bad." Patrick was a fairly decent man, but he wasn't a Horton or a Brady, so they ruined him beyond repair by making him torment...the Hortons and the Bradys. Same with EJ.

~ I hate Bo and Hope with the heat of a thousand suns and will NEVER EVER EVER get the appeal of them together. I especially hate Bo because he is a sanctimonious S.O.B. with no life.

~ I hate the "Justice League," aka Bo, Roman, John, and Abe. All four of them are clueless as hell about what they do and any attempt at making sense from them is just a waste of time.

~ Jan and Bonnie were the most interesting characters in the last three years.

~ I'm not convinced that Alice's donuts are that good. They always look too hard.

~ Carrie and Austin are boring as hell.

~ The biggie: I find Dee Hall, Peter Reckell, Kristian Alfonso, Drake Hogestyn, Josh Taylor, and James Reynolds to be THE most campiest performers in daytime and I can't take anything dramatic with them seriously because I think are all totally overrated. And it's not "just because they're on DAYS." It's just because I think they suck.

• Members

So happy to get a few things off my chest--

DAYS

* I don't like Sami and Lucas together. Lucas is boring and Sami is anything but boring. And I don't like his hair in this longer style.

* I have never liked Lexie. Evil, good, police officer, doctor....never liked her. And I hate the way she pronounces the word "terrible"; she says "turrible" and during the SSK storyline she used this word about ten times a day. Drove me crazy.

* I like Billie.

* I do not see any chemistry between Max and Abby and hope they do not become a couple.

* I wouldn't mind having Stefano or Vivian back in a good storyline but would sacrifice them in a minute in order to have Kristen back. She can sit at the Java Cafe and just drink a cappuccino for all I care; I just want her back.

* I don't mind the crazy SORASing they did on Little Elvis. It's just a soap and I'd rather they use characters I'm familiar with than bring on new people with no history. And besides, there's so much story potential here! And EJ is a great villain; I can't wait to see how they explain Susan losing him to the dark side.

* I'm not excited about having old Philip back in the role (sorry, actor's name has temporarily slipped my mind). Kyle Brandt won me over his last couple months on the show and it's hard for me to imagine such a young, pretty face as Philip now.

• Members

Susan Lucci's acting falls in the same category as Charity Rahmer and Danica Stewart

Alica Minshew is a horrible actress. I cringe when I watch her because I think at any minute her eyes are gonna pop out of her head.

Robin Mattson is far better actress than Kate Collins

Natalia Livingston & Adrienne Frantz deserved their Emmy's

I never saw the appeal of Jonathan Jackson

I hate the character of Hope Brady

I am glad Jack and Jennifer and Austin and Carrie are gone.

I thought Matt Cedeño (Brandon) was a great actor.

I miss The Wesley's (including Chloe)

The show deserved to win Writing and Directing in 2001

Mark Cameron Wystrach is the worst actor on television.

I liked Siren

Archived