ALL: Unpopular opinions

• Members

Ok, what are your unpopular opinions for the soaps? You know the ones, the ones that go against the grain! Don't be afraid to admit them. Here's my list:

-I don't like Sami Brady. Never have, never will. She's an evil, manipulative, scheming witch, and she went after Carrie's man one time too many. I prefer Carrie to Sami 10 times out of 10. (However, to clarify, Sami's an interesting character and I like the Lumi romance--I just happen to think she's a b!tch who doesn't deserve happiness!)

-I prefer John and Marlena to Bo and Hope. Some DAYS fans seem to think Bo and Hope are the definitive DAYS couple, but to me, it's John and Marlena.

-Kirsten Storms is a better Belle than Martha Madison.

-Chloe should have ended up with Philip.

-The Salem Stalker storyline was the epitome of coolness, and I was not offended by killing off veterans, even the ones I love.

-Passions is the best soap on the air.

-Sheridan and Luis belong together.

-Mark Wystrych is a better actor than Adrian Bellani, and in some cases, he's even a better Fox than Justin Hartley.

-Danny Romalotti needs to return to the Y&R and reunite with Cricket.

-JER is still the best writer in all of soapdom.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK, I'll let 'er rip:

- I've never warmed up to Alicia Minshew as Kendall on AMC, and I long for the days of Sarah Michelle Gellar.

- I'd have given up Thorsten Kaye to keep Vincent Irizarry or Julia Barr on AMC.

- Never understood David Canary's status as a "soap acting god." Michael E. Knight, yes. Peter Bergman, yes. I just don't GET DC, even I though I've gotten used to him as a presence, and I'm all for the use of vets on AMC.

- I actually quite liked Krista Tesreau as Tina on OLTL.

- I think Jerry ver Dorn is quite embarrassing as Clint Buchanan on OLTL. That fake cowboy twang! I keep expecting Ross to emerge with a well-turned phrase. Great actor, wrong part.

- I want Jason to get a story on GH in which he gets his memory back as Jason Quartermaine and has to live with what he's done as Jason Morgan.

- I haven't watched ATWT (except for the Luke coming-out and Jennifer's death/Hal's last day) or GL in ages, and I haven't missed them at all.

• Members

Fun!

-I think Nancy Lee Grahn is currently the Best Actress on Daytime

-I don't buy Trevor St. John as Todd Manning on One Life to Live

-Believe that Kim Zimmer, Martha Byrne, and Laura Wright are entirely overrated and shrill.

-Still prefer the old Dinah better on Guiding Light

-I think that the Anne Douglas storyline on The Bold and Beautiful was sloppy and dumb

-I don't find Kimberlin Brown to be a versatile actress

-I liked the Julia Larrabee story on As the World Turns

-I find Tracey Bregman to be entirely underrated on The Young & the Restless

-I don't really care if Tom Hughes gets a storyline on As the World Turns

-I have always preferred Theresa to Gwen on Passions (but that's pretty much 50/50)

-I think Anthony Geary has been winging it the last couple of years, and Genie Francis brought him to life again in 2006

-I think that Sami was an intolerable caricature before Hogan came along to Days of our Lives

-I would love to see Paul and Lauren together again on The Young & the Restless

-I hate the supercouple stigma on Days of our Lives

-I thought that Nikki and Bobby were hot on The Young & the Restless

-I really find Ted King on General Hospital to be a dull actor

-I don't find General Hospital to be half as bad as some make it out to be

-I find the Quatermaine family on General Hospital to be one note

-Never could stand Skye on General Hospital

-I HATE The Young & the Restless opening, it was nice and first but now its zzzz

-I believe that killing Cassie Newman on The Young & the Restless was a bone-head move -I'm actually enjoying the Phelia story on The Young & the Restless for the implausable tale that it is

-I think that Peter Bergman and David Canary are daytime's best actors

**More to come**

• Members

I love this thread Thanks Rion

1. Amanda Beall kicks butt has a writer (AMC should promote her now)

2. Laura Wright can't act should go back to GL

3. Jennifer Bransford was the best CArly on GH

4. I loved Nik and Courtney together on GH

5. I hate Di and Aiden has a couple on AMC

6. GH is the most overrated soap on TV

7. I miss Robyn Richards as Maxie on GH

8. I hate how GH throws couples together with no chemistry (Jasam, CarJax)

I"ll add more soon

Robert

• Members

AMC:

- Compared to what Megan McTavish has done to AMC in the last few years (last two years specificially) I think JER is good writer and would take him over her for AMC in the blink of an eye.

-TK is good, but overarated

-I don't think Cady McClain is anything special and I think AMC would be a much better place had Dixie really died.

-Ryan Lavery died the day that Gillian did, and I refuse to call any woman since then, or any woman who may come "the love of his life". All the Rendall vs. Zendall stuff is bull. Gillian is, was, and always will be Ryan's heart. Period.

-I like Tad and Krystal and I'm happy her baby is his. ]

-I think Jeff Martin is the dullest man on the face of the earth

-I despise Jack Montgomery, and I hate Jack and Erica together

-I think this current incarnation of Erica Kane is a pod, and I don't recognize her or want anything to do with her as she is now. :(

-I love JR!

-Babe needs to die. I don't care how good Alexa is. Babe has done so much damage to to so many people and so many relastionships in PV, and yet her friggin halo is blinding me.

-I like Zenadall...but they're overated, and I want Kaidan back.

-Kendall and I have a love hate releationship and at the moment, I'm not a big fan of hers.

-I don't like Lily. But Levin is amazing.

GH:

- I miss Ric an Alexis

- LIASON is not all of that, I think they're rather forced, and prefer JaSam and LnL.

- Laura Wright is NOT Carly

- Robin and Patrick are conttived

• Members

Kristen Blake has no place on Days of our Lives. She was written into a corner, and I'm not fond of every character on earth getting redemption. I want EJ to rot after a short, wonderful run. Short term villains are so much better. I see no real story potential for her return. Ratings bump? Big maybe.

Shawn and Belle should not be together, no matter who plays them. They are incestuous based on the history of this show, and the more specifically the history of John, Roman, and Marlena. John and Marlena will and should always be considered aunt and uncle to Shawn. Cook debuted referring to them as such. Yet...he and Belle are destined? I cackle.

I do not like this instant reunion for Lucas and Sami, just to have this new story direction. Lucas should have been forced to be the man she needed when she was at he rmost desperate moment. That would have been truer to their history (see: her near execution. He's a coward until he's REALLY pushed). Yes, we're seeing a great deal of cahracter growth for Sami, finally, but what about Lucas? He hasn't grown an inch since Dattilo returned in 2002. I want Lucas to grow apart from AND with Sami. He's far too in danger of becoming one-note and just one half of a supercouple.

That's for now. *wicked grin*

• Members

Perhaps I should have issued a disclaimer? I just don't miss her. I've never clamored for the return of any Blake. She went luny and got her 'just desserts'. If there's a return from that, I'm not keen on seeing it, though I'm sure I will before long, if Corday gets his way.

• Members

OLTL

-Don't like Nora, never have. Don't want Nora/Bo together. Don't want another Nora/Bo/Lindsey triangle. Yawn.

-Don't care about Todd, Marty or Todd/Blair no matter who's playing them.

-I don't hate Michael Easton or John McBain. Don't love him madly either but he's not one of the ones I fast-forward.

-Clint Ritchie is my favorite ever from the show. Jerry verDorn is a fine actor but Clint is not Clint anymore.

-I don't hate the current state of the show. Not to say it doesn't have problems but I'm not on the bashing bandwagon.

-Rex and Adriana are a snoozefest.

-Hated all appearances & returns of Mitch Laurence and hope the character never reappears again. He was the major reason for my dropping the show the last time and I could possibly do it again if he came back.

-Did not like James DePaiva as Max. Always preferred Nicholas Walker.

-I liked 1888 Buchanan City and Eterna (to a lesser degree) storylines.

-Never really got into Heather Tom and Dan Gauthier (but I only returned to the show after several years when JvD joined).

-Dorian has been one-note for decades. The character learns nothing.

GH

-Returned only to see the Scorpios. Dropped it a few weeks ago when I realized Robert is not going to be anything more than an infrequent, badly-written joke.

-Have disliked the character of Tracy since the first time I saw her back in the day. She is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Never found the Quartermaine family comedy all that funny either. Alan and Monica were at their best (both together and individually) when they used to get serious dramatic stories.

-GH, imo, is the most redundant of the soaps I know. Don't care about Sonny, Jason and Carly any more now than I did a decade ago.

-Detested the return of the Cassadines. They should have stayed in the 80s with Elizabeth Taylor.

-I wanted Felicia with Ryan (before they went and ruined him by making him a serial killer). I thought Felicia and Mac were a yawnfest.

DAYS

-I fast-forward everything but Steve & Kayla. Didn't watch it for 14 years and simply have not gotten interested in any other characters.

• Members

OMG....*screams* YES!!! I don't understand why Y&R gave up on Paul and Lauren: The Sequel and handed Lauren off to Michael. L&M have NO chemistry. And hooking Michael up with the fan fav Lauren (even after all these years) hasn't made me forget how psycho Michael went after The Bug a million years ago when she was married to Danny (or between Danny and Paul, or whatever...)

And while I know I want to see more of some of ATWT's vets....Tom Hughes: Balless Wonder isn't one of them.

NOW...on to some of my own opinions...

ATWT

...I'm alright with not seeing Luke in a relationship.

...I don't miss Hunt Block. And if it's true Cady McClain quit over his firing, screw her. How bleepin' unprofessional can you be? I don't see her quitting her job over Julia Barr's firing.

...I wouldn't miss Lily if she fell off the planet.

...I can't wait for Gwen to screw around on Will.

...Alex Chando is a better actress than Jen Landon

...Paul is NOT dark, no matter how tortured TIIC try to make him

...Mike Kasnoff should never return in the form of Mark Collier. TIIC aren't interested in anything but pimping MC's abs.

...Simon should never, ever return

...TIIC should have the balls to pull the plug on the character of Katie. NOW. I can see it now...in six months, Peck will be out of a job because of negative fan reaction. He's in such a severe hole now, before he's even aired. NO ONE is going to buy a Katie/Brad pairing. I'm not sure there's a way to rejuvenate the character of Katie with ANYONE after the past two years of going through Henry, Mike and Simon.

and the big one....

...pairing Maura West and Paul Leyden was such a total waste. Meryl Streep and Pauly Shore would have been more compatible.

• Members

AMC

Love Alisha Minshew and the shrill [!@#$%^&*] that Kendall is

Love Jacob Young and wish JR would have killled Babe, then his friendship with Kendall would be back

Not thrilled that Bianca is back

The only Lavery I enjoy is Jonathan

Tad should give up being a PI

Zendall and Rendall annoy me

I like Sean and Colby playing match maker Like Colby's new hair do, and may not hate her after all, however, that still remains unanswered.

Y&R

Is the reliquary story over yet?!

Love Amelia as Victoria, but Victoria sucks

Phyliss and Nick are a snore now that they are together.

Days

Still want a Sami/EJ/Kate triangle

Still want a Lucas/Sami/EJ triangle (not at the same time)

Love Chelsea and Rachel Melvin is a hoot

Wanted Belle and Philip to make their marriage work, but now that their are different actors in place, still not sure

Love Bonnie

• Members
I agree 100% w/ that, esp. LW who seems to have become super-diva b!tch since moving over to GH. I guess between having to share screen-time w/ KZ and then Maurice, that kind of attitude was bound to rub off on her.

ITA w/ these:

HB was not irreplacable! Craig was so overused when Hogan was HW. Between him banging and impregnating the daughter of one of his ex-wives (sick!!! :blink:) and then trying to kill Rosanna, I was more than happy to see him go. And Rosanna was one of the most boring characters in the world. CM can stay on AMC. And I absolutely love the new version of Craig: it's a nice improvement from the version of the character that could do no wrong!

Lily should have stayed in a coma. MB was better as Rose IMO. Lily is just a boring character.

Jen Landon is really overrated IMO. Her character is extrememly one-note now. I'm not saying that she didn't deserve the Emmy in 2006, but do we always have to listen to her sing? :rolleyes:

Paul is just annoying. Okay, so your parents are James and Barbara! Who the [!@#$%^&*] cares?? Get over it!! You're not evil...you're just a punk.

Mike and Katie could get stabbed to death by Nancy Hughes of all people and I wouldn't give a damn. The sooner those two losers are off my screen, the better.

Every time Simon returns, I hate him more and more. It's obvious that PL doesn't care about the show: he only returns for the $$$ and has no respect for ATWT. If the writers were smart (which they aren't, I'm convinced), they'd have him killed off on-screen w/ his remains cut up and scattered around town so that there'd be no way he could return.

Archived