ALL: Unpopular opinions

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Others with a lack of SB knowledge don't go outright saying that the show is 'horrible' when they've never really seen it. And "being born" and "watching a show or not" are pre-requisites for forming an opinion on it. That's just my personal opinion. :)

• Members

Cool. Whatever. Anyway, some more of my unpopular opinions:

I have never been impressed with Lesli Kay very much as an actress.

I never have liked B&B's Taylor and wished she stayed dead the FIRST time they killed her in '94.

Eric Martsolf is better in the role of Ethan than Travis Schuldt was.

Lauren Koslow is a one-note actress and Deborah Adair made a FAR better Kate.

Roger Howarth makes for a good Paul Ryan.

Though she's a fantastic actress, Heather Tom was just as miscast as Kelly Cramer as Tracy Melchior was.

I like Bonnie and Patrick on DAYS.

I enjoy(ed) Paul Satterfield as Spencer on OLTL- he's been one of the few bright spots for me.

I don't think Renee Elise Goldsberry is a particularly talented actress. She's about on the same level as Shari Saum IMO.

• Members

GENERAL HOSPITAL

BEST GH ACTORS

Maurice Benard, Nancy Lee Grahn, Ric Hearst, Leslie Charleson , Tyler Christopher, Rebecca Herbst, Greg Vaughn, John Ingle, Laura Wright

BEST GH CHARACTERS

Sonny Corinthos, Gia Campbell (Marissa Ramirez), Katherine Bell, Laura Webber Spencer, Lesley Webber, Robert Scorpio, Anna Devane, Mac Scorpio, Dr. Robin Scorpio, Maxie Jones, Luke Spencer, Michael Corinthos, LuLu Spencer, Faith Rosco, Jason Morgan, Lila Quartermaine, Nikolas Cassadine, Helena Cassadine, Courtney Matthews, Jasper Jacks, Mike Corbin, Stephan Cassadine, Colleen McHenry, Epiphany Johnson, A.J. Quartermaine, Zander Smith, Carly Corinthos, Tracy Quartermaine Spencer, D.A. Alexis Davis, Ric Lansing, Elizabeth Spencer, Dr. Monica Quartermaine, Skye Quartermaine, Dr. Alan Quartermaine, Edward Quartermaine, Dr. Lainey Winters, Lorenzo Alcazar, Lucky Spencer, Bobbie Spencer

2nd BEST WRITING TEAM

Robert Guza Jr., Michele Val Jean, Mary Sue Price, Karen Harris, Susan Wald, Elizabeth Korte, John F. Smith, Tracey Thomson, Michael Conforti, Garin Wolf, David Goldschmid

2nd BEST PRODUCING TEAM

Jill Farren Phelps, Mary O’Leary, Mercer Barrows, Michelle Henry, Deborah Genovese, Robert Guza Jr.

BEST DIRECTING TEAM

Craig McNamus, Owen Renfroe, Anthony Morina, Matthew Diamond, William Ludel, Scott McKinsey

2nd BEST SOAP ENSEMBLE: GH

MORE UNPOPULAR GH OPINIONS

GH helped out the genre in more ways than any other drama ever could: It became a cultural phenomenon

Port Charles diluted the appeal of GH & downgraded its quality. PC was a HUGE mistake.

I would love to see ABC & SOAPnet promote the hell out of GH; should air in primetime on ABC

GH can average 7 million viewers per ep

GH ranks 2nd when all viewers are counted (Live/Recorded/Out of home (dorms/office)/SOAPnet etc) B&B is NOT America’s 2nd most watched daytime drama)

Gloria Monty/Douglas Marland/Pat Falken Smith saved GH from near cancellation

Best Celebrity Appearance In Daytime History: Elizabeth Taylor, 1981

G. Monty could easily have been GH’s best EP, but her 2nd stint was very disappointing

GH’s best EP: Wendy Riche

GH’s best HW: Claire Labine

Guza Jr. is a good HW, but far from great. His combined stints as HW are a solid B -

It’s a good thing that C. Pratt Jr. is no longer co-HW

J. F. Phelps is a good EP, but she could have been much better. She’s had her chance, now fire her.

I still can’t believe that TPTB’s original plan was to turn Michael into a killer!!!!!

They shouldn’t have named Skye’s child Lila Rae

B. Frons/J.F.Phelps were not responsible for Anna Lee’s death as suggested by her son

Should not have killed off: A. J. Quartermaine, Dr. Tony Jones & Stefan Cassadine

Guza Jr./B. Frons/ J. F. Phelps don’t know enough about the show’s most recent history (1990-2000)

Focus less attention on the ongoings of the mob & more on social issues

I worry that Frons/J.F.Phelps will fire or place on recurring status more talented actors this year (L. Charleson? J. Zeman? J. J. York?)

It was wrong to fire: John Ingle, Billy Warlock, Lesli Kay, Shaun Benson, Stuart Damon, Brad Maule, Stephen Nichols, Genie Francis

Undeserved Daytime Emmys: Natalia Livingston (2005), Vanessa Marcil (2003)

GH deserved all their Outstanding Drama Series awards

Offer contracts to (Contracts should span at least 5 months): Finola Hughes, Tristan Rogers, Denise Alexander, Kristina Wagner, Rachel Ames, Shell Kepler, Vincent Irizarry (only if Y&R fires him, he should revive the role of Dr. D. Hayward)

Tracey Thomson is their weakest script writer

GH’s writing team should consist of at least 20 writers; with at least 8 script writers (Diversity can lead to better writing)

GH’s M. V. Jean, M. S. Price & S. Wald are the best script writers on daytime dramas

The Nurses Ball should return as a yearly event

Beth Ehlers (Harley on GL) spent an hour with GH's casting director, Mark Teschner, in May 2006. She’d be a good

addition to the cast

I enjoy the GH/DAYS casting wars

I want to see a casting war b/w the 2 best dramas: GH/Y&R

The best Edward L. Quartermaine: John Ingle

Faces Of The Heart by Dave Koz is daytime’s best ever theme song

W. Ludel, S. McKinsey & O. Renfroe are their best directors

R. Richards shouldn’t return cuz K. Storms is rocking as [!@#$%^&*]y, manipulative Maxie

Episodes should be written by two-member teams like Y&R does with Bennett/Gottesfeld & Freiwald/Schreiber

Jennifer Bransford was not Carly. She was Carl-Lee. Lacked the fine balance of a hard exterior & soft interior

Sarah Brown, Tamara Braun & Carly Wright were/are phenomenal Carly’s

I cringe whenever they say Cam instead of Cameron Webber

Making Lucas Jones come out as a homosexual was HUGE mistake.

Characters should never forget about their children/siblings (Sarah Webber, Thomas Hardy Sr., Lucas Jones)

Incorporate more non-white actors/characters onto GH: Vanita Harbour, Senait Ashenafi, Simone Ravelle Hardy, Debbi Morgan

Old School Revival: I want a Webber, Hardy, Ward & Scorpio family revival, even if its short term with the original or most recent actor who played them to return

Moratoriums: on SORASing for at least 3 years; on producing new eps for 2 weeks; on sweeps stunts for Feb/May/Nov for at least 1 year; on females getting raped for at least 4 years; on "shocking" paternity revelations for at least 10 years (Carly/Bobbie; Alexis/Sam etc)

• Members

I thought Steve Burton was fabulous during the death of Sam's baby. He seemed to come to life, bring some real life to Jason when they were grieving Baby Lila. (Yes, that was her name....LOL)

As for Jennifer Bransford, I despised her as Carly at first, but towards the end of her run, she was really coming into her own, and I started seeing her as Carly. I met her at FITS too, and she was just great. Gave me a whole new respect for her and her being Carly.

Another unpopular opinion of mine:

-Walt Wiley isn't a great actor, and I've never found Jack to be anything more then one note.

-Alexa Havins is good, but if she and Babe left today I wouldn't miss either of them.

-I don't care that Ethan died. I never liked Jame Scott, and I think he's very overated.

-Oh, and I find nothing wrong or appauling with what was done to Greg Madden and how he died. I thought he didn't suffer enough.

-Tad is my hero for offing the SOB, and I don't think anything less of him now then I did before.

• Members

DH

~ I love Susan. Teri Hatcher isn't horrible, and Susan still makes me laugh with her ditziness. I do hate mister charming British guy Ian, however. The only guy I liked Susan with was Dr. Ron.

~ I can not stand Orson. I absolutely hate the character and I hope he leaves at the end of the season. His mother can stay.

~ The Applewhites weren't the only problem with the second season. The stuff with Lynette and Tom was boring beyond belief. The whole show was, really.

~ Andrew isn't an asshat.

~ I love Austin and Julie together.

~ Mrs. Huber was awesome. As was Felicia, and I wish she'd come back.

~ Felicity Huffman tends to overact sometimes. But I love her anyway.

~ Eva Longoria is an incredible actress.

~ George wasn't that bad...okay, I'm not even going to lie. He fuckin sucked.

~ I miss Rex! And John! And Justin!

~ Betty Applewhite could have/should have stayed around. Her sons had to leave though. They were what was bringing their storyline down. Well, really, Matthew was great. I liked him with Danielle before he went all psychotic.

~ Not enough dramatic moments.

~ I don't miss Paul or Zach.

~ I sooooooo wanted Jessica Simpson to do a guest appearance!

~ Lynette and Tom's storylines can get annoying and boring. This whole pizzeria thing, for instance.

• Members

I don't know if this is unpopular in all circles. Either way IA, but I will also say that I don't think anyone thinks they were masterpieces or anything, people who like it (I *think*) just appreciate the audacity and OTT quality.

I love you.

• Members

Thank you!!!! I am 100% in agreement. I love Susan, and I love her antics! Whether it's spilling the strawberry shake onto comatose Jane or grabbing the megaphone and offering to be "the best hostage ever," she is absolutley entertaining.

I also agree with you that Eva Longoria is a fine actress.

My only unpopular opinions re: this series are that the Applewhite storyline was not that bad, and neither was Season 2 overall.

• Members

Susan Flannery is a BIG LOUD HAM

Most of the women on ATWT are, as a previous poster said, shrill and annoying.. or languid and annoying. esp. Martha Byrne and Maura West. The men are worse. No wonder Passionante is relying on the young'uns to carry the show.

Kim Zimmer is a BIG LOUD HAM.

Anthony Geary is a BIG LAZY HAM.

Dan Gauthier was merely an OKAY fish in a sea that stunk of Michael Easton's overbearing inferiority. (Michael Easton made Dan Gauthier look good)

Melissa Archer and Renee Elise Goldsberry made Heather Tom look better than she really was.

I like Brad on Y&R.

• Members

Days

Abe is a horrible character and actor and I wish he would have been cut instead of lexie.

Missy reeves- one of the best actreesses on the show.

Jack and Jennifer are the best couple/supercouple on the show

farah fath is good when mimi is supporting rule,the JERk mimi was horrible tho(writing and acting.she just isnt lead material IMO)

Deidre Hall is overrated and a horrible actreess.she used to be good,now she's terrible.

Still dont like the character of abby - didnt enjoy her since the 2003 "you killed Dadddddy!" recast.

Kayla is boring.

Lucas is a bore as well and they should give him a personality since he have none

Archived