ALL: Unpopular opinions

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Am I the only one who's willing to admit yes, Erin Torpey was a better actress but she was too butt ugly? And fat?

To me, to keep Erin in the part they would have had to make her the Bianca, as in LESBO, of Llanview

I know, that's me being a *See You Next Tuesday* again. Seriously, they would have had to make Jessica more complex than *MPD* to keep Erin in the part. (lest OLTL become known as the UGLY SHOW instead of ATWT)

• Members

LMAO! I agree. However, I would be intrigued to see what she could do with the role now that she's quite a different character than she used to be. Plus, Erin's older now... maybe she looks a little... different.

• Members

Here's another one:

Be the first to admit that Liza Huber sucked when PASSIONS debuted in 1999. And, I mean, REALLY sucked. But she grew to become a formidable acting force opposite Lindsay Hartley. She brings Gwen's motives and frustration to life, so much so, that I actually ROOT for her. Natalie Zea is a great actress as well, but Liza has risen to the challenge of replacing her successor.

B&B's Bridget will come out of the closet one day.

MTV's SPYDER GAMES was the best soap of 2001.

Karen Harris, Gary Tomlin, Meg Bennet, and The Dobsons should all have high-ranking positions on a daytime soap somewhere.

• Members

Days:

I love Nick. He is completely endearing. I love that he is actually a geek, not just a hunk with geek's clothes on.

I hate the Max/Mimi pairing. I do like the idea of Max/Abby, but I don't see any kind of passion there. Yet.

I liked Steve/Billie.

Benji is hot.

James Scott is hot. EJ is not.

I LOVE Lucas/Sami, but sometimes their slurping gets a little too much for me.

GH:

I HATE Liz. She is always sneering and rolling her eyes-it makes me want to smack her. She actually makes me hate Carly LESS, which makes me hate her MORE.

Sonny is not so bad lately. I'm starting to like him.

I like Sam, but not with Jason. I would love a Sam/Lucky pairing.

Maxie/Lucky is better than Liz/Lucky.

I LOVE Milo and Milo/Lulu.

Nikolas/Emily are SO boring.

I absolutely adore Robin/Patrick. They are the best couple on the show.

• Members

The more I watch Belle and Shawn, the more I realize what wimps they really are. Belle was better with Phillip, and Shawn was better with Mimi. Shawn and Belle together are becoming more and more nauseating. I'm having a hard time getting back into Steve and Kayla. Kayle seems like such a dishrag this time around. I liked Steve and Billie.

• Members

Some more of mine:

Bree Williamson is nothing special as Jess/Tess on OLTL.

Y&R did the right thing by killing Cassie. Powerful storytelling and frankly, I thought it was kind of awkward for poor Camryn Grimes going through adolesence on national television. They did her a favor IMO.

Kamar DeLosReyes is a good actor with the right material.

Susan Lucci didn't deserve 20 nominations for Best Actress and wouldn't have become the queen of daytime without them.

While I love Nancy Lee Grahn, I often find Alexis to be shrill and uptight and not nearly as colorful as Julia on SB.

Sydney Penny is a boring actress and Julia Santos NEVER should have returned to AMC.

I still don't think Rachel Melvin is a very capable actress as Chelsea and can't fathom how some think she deserves an Emmy nomination.

Kristian Alfonso, while wonderful in the 80s, held back something in her performances when she returned, up until Zack's death.

Lisa Rinna was the best Billie on DAYS.

Robin Mattson was a better Janet than Kate Collins. Robin's Janet had nuance and vulnerability, while I find (and always have found) Collins' Janet to be a cartoon/caricature.

Michael & Lauren are a boring, dull couple. The only people I ever have liked Lauren with were Brad and Scott.

I don't want Paul & Lauren to get back together. Mary Williams (Carolyn Conwell) was and is the best part of their love story and without her, what's the point? And while I think the Gloria/Joanna feud is fun, can you IMAGINE the fireworks between Mary & Gloria? I'd LOVE to see Mary Williams put the b!tch in her place.

I never cared too much about DAYS' Jennifer, though I liked her with Jack. Always thought Melissa Horton was a far more interesting character than Jenn.

I LOVED Carly's storyline with Iris from the beginning, when many were bashing it. I thought the whole thing was brilliant and that JPiss was brilliant at the time.

Marie Masters is the ultimate ATWT vet and I'd far rather see her onscreen than Kathryn Hays, Ellen Dolan, and Eileen Fulton.

I wish ATWT would re-visit the Holden/Katie pairing.

I may have already said this but Deborah Adair is the ONLY Kate Roberts to me and Lauren Koslow to this day pales in comparison.

I love Linda Dano and have always found her to be classy and candid (and Beautiful in person) but am I the only one who thought she looked better before her plastic surgery? Everyone always raves about it but to me, it hardened her appearance.

• Members

DAYS: I hate Belle and Shawn together and loathe Shawn completely. Shawn has shown criminally insane behavior and instead of having remorse for his defective behavior, thinks he is above it all. In fact, he feels justified in any deplorable thing he does and never regrets, apologizes, or grows through it. How on earth Belle could think he'd be a good mate and father is beyond me, so I think she is seriously mentally deficient.

I also believe Shawn raped Belle in the barn. He was aware enough to know they needed warmth, so he was also aware enough to know what he was doing with his uncle's fiance who was near completely unconscious and certainly beyond clarity enough to give consent. He didn't completely forget either. It was after he heard Belle tell Mimi that she dreamed she was having sex with Philip that he decided to forget it (in another typically demented Shawn moment).

Archived