ALL: Unpopular opinions

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC

-For the most part of her writing tenures on AMC I have enjoyed Megan McTavish....

-In essence I thought giving Erica Kane a son was a good decision, just poorly executed (should have been Kendall's twin)

-Alicia Minshew is now Kendall Hart to me

-I thought Michael B. Jordon (IReggie) was a terrible actor and was relieved to see him gone from the cast

-Julia Barr is more talented then Susan Lucci

-I thought Lianca sucked and had no chemistry. Still respect what it did for daytime though

-I loved Bianca and Maggie together

-I love Zarf/Zoe

-I love Babe

• Members

Same here. I respect any actress who's stay with daytime long enough to be considered a veteran. I don't have to be a fan to respect their place in the industry and on the daytime food chain. Just like La Looch. I respect Susan's place in daytime, but I can't STAND her acting. The hair toss, bobbing her head everytime she talks, and just flat out not talking like any human being really talks. It's fun to watch, for "poke fun" reasons, but it's certainly not award-worthy, IMO.

Personally, I prefer Slezak when she's playing an alter, LoL.

• Members

I like Slezak. Is she over appreciated? Yes. Does she deserve every single emmy? Maybe. I personally don't know which tapes were submitted, so I can't make a real stong arguement. Atleast with Slezak I can see more range and vulnerability in her performances, compared to say Flannery, who is also highly overappreciated, as I stated in above post.

• Members

JEAN RANDOLPH! yes! Let Viki fragment out into little pieces again. I'm so tired of Niki but I prefer her to Viki.

I kind of wish this had been the case with Marlena Evans. That way it could be revisited within a semi natural storyline. I ADORE Dee. She's my older woman fantasy. Hey, she was ELECTRA WOMAN!

I'd be her DYNA GIRL.

But Deidre Hall has been phoning it in for years too. She's a goddess who should have a few golden ladies on her mantle by now , instead it's like she's given up.

• Members

Yeah, Deidre's awesome. I don't know what it is with her lately, though. She's not bad, she's just not great. It's like she took JER's hammy material and just soaked it all in.

I love her in these old clips, though (the rape).

• Members

Women don't even fight anymore. That was AWESOME! Thanks Kenny. I know I probably saw it but was too young to remember it in detail. No doubt SLEZAK got the EMMY that year too. *rolls eyes*

No slighting Slezak, she's awesome too, just that her EMMY legacy seems greedy when other winners have disqualified themselves (men only I think, too much to expect from us chicks)

Thanks again. loved (and hated) those clips

Brandy

• Members

Okay, I have another one....am I the only one who looks at OLTL's Jessica and thinks blow-up doll? It's nothing to do with BW's acting or appearance. It's the character. All she does is react to various men in her life as they want to control her, do her, lust after her, attack her, come on to her, rescue her, protect her, etc. For a chick who's had multiple identities, she doesn't seem to have even one. It's always about what men want from her or what she wants (or says she does) from them. Geez, her kid has a nanny so get a job. :rolleyes:

Archived