Melrose Place

DrewH

• Members

Really? Season 6 should be remembered? I always thought season 6 was boring. Once Sydney and Kimberly left, the show was no longer good. I think season seven though was a huge improvement from season six. I was glad they added the wackiness back. Lexi was a lot better in season seven. I hated her "pill popping, poor little rich girl" act in season six. It was no wonder the guys left her. Eve wasn't so bad. I just wish she would have went cuckoo earlier in the season. I still love MP. It's my favorite primetime soap of the 90's. And in my opinion, Marcia Cross was the star of this show, not Heather Locklear. Marcia had the best stories and didn't need to lay on her back all the time to get fans to notice her. I love it when she locks Peter in the mental hospital and gives him shock therapy. She was the bomb in seasons 2 - 4. I didn't care for her in season five. It wasn't the Kimberly fans knew.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love Deborah Adair! Why doesn't she work anymore?

Seasons 2 through 5 are the golden years of MP. 5 started a little decline but I still enjoy it more than Season 6. Season 7 was on the right track and I was really pissed when it ended cause it was finally getting better.

Seasons 5 and 6 were hit or miss for me. I liked a lot of it but disliked some of it. ;)

• Members

I didn't really like season 4 either personally. It was okay whilst Darren Star was still writing (he plotted all the stories until Jane's stroke) but then it really did just go too far. Kimberly went so OTT that I didn't find it entertaining, I hated Jane's character change and it was all just too much. There's only so much sensationalism you can pack into a series before it loses its shock value. Season 5 though "back to basics" bored me a little. The characters were far too islanded while newbies like Craig and the McBrides were given prominence. Season 7 really was on the right track again though there is a finality to it all and I can't see where the show would have gone if it did continue. Barely anyone even lived in the apartment building anymore.

One thing that bugged me about MP was the character changes. Some were easy to swallow for entertainment but not others.

Michael, Kimberly, Jane, Jo, Amanda, Eve, Lexi, Peter, Taylor, Samantha, Jennifer and Megan OTOMH all had rather drastic personality turns.

• Members

Does anyone ever notice that the closing credits they use are, for the most part, the same throughout every season.

Vanessa Williams, Amy Locane, and Grant Show are all featured in the closing credits, even beyond their runs. LOL.

(Rhonda stretching, Sandy walking in front of an open window blowing in the wind, Jake in front of the refrigerator.)

Archived