Melrose Place

DrewH

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL....I've been inspired to watch lately and Jake and Alison hooked up?! JEEZUS!

I knew that happened(because I read the summaries and such), but that is still such a shock to me. I really liked Billy and Alison together.

I guess I have to see all the previous seasons to put it in context.

But, seeing MELROSE PLACE(especially the Richard stuff), I totally see where David Lynch got the inspiration for the "Mulholland Dr." Pilot and, later, the movie.

Alison is such an annoying, irritating [!@#$%^&*]. But, I can't NOT like her for some reason. I have heard that drunk Alison is the best Alison.

Man, I can't wait for the rest of the seasons to come out.

• Members

I am LOVING my Season 1 DVD Set! So many fricken episodes!

I missed a lot of the first season and started watching it towards the end but I am really enjoying the episodes, it definitely had a different feel from 90210. I thought I would enjoy 90210 more but I am enjoying Melrose more. I don't have SOAPNET so this is the first time I am seeing the shows again since they were actually on!

• Members

Any fans of 'Silk Stalkings' could have told you that- I don't think he was shirtless once for the entire run of the series! And this was 'SILK STALKINGS' !!!!!

I believe he did finally do 1 shirtless scene in season 7- one of his love scenes with Amanda or the aftermath of a love scene. I remember waiting all of season 6 for that to happen & it never did. :lol:

LOVED Drunk Alison! Especially when she busted up Billy's date with Susan (her friend from college!)

Melrose Place Fun Fact- Jake Hanson slept with every MAJOR Melrose female character except Kimberly (He did Alison, Amanda, Jo, Jane, and Sydney)

• Members

Sydney, Michael and Kimberly were my absolute favorites! Alison even drunk was too boring as was Billy. I hated his voice and just wanted to get a little emotion in there. He was always a monotone.

My favorite scene ever in MP was when Kimberly took the wig off. That was so creepy and so effective. She totally rocked! I would have loved to have played Kimberly over any character on that show. Ok, maybe Sydney because well, she was crazy and funny. They say that blondes have more fun, I think in Melrose Place, it was the red heads.

I hated Jane too. I always wanted to [!@#$%^&*]slap her. Jake was f!cking hot. I never knew that about Rob Estes. And I watched every episode of Silk Stalkings too. I loved that show too.

It's funny, because I was going to start a thread on 90210. I love that show too.

• Members

That was one of my favorite Melrose moments too, Tishy! I remember watching that and being like, "WTF?!" Those scars scared me to death! And then, when they were in the hospital and Matt ripped off the wig. The look in Kimberly's eyes. She was after that gay man ass! :lol:

My all-time favorite Melrose moment had to be when Kim blows up the building. There was just so much suspense. And the fact that the explosion coincideded with the Oklahoma City bombings, the show held off the actual explosing until the next season! I was pissed! Our final scene was Kimberly, standing by the pool while all of the others looked at her like she was insane. She was!

Kimberly: Wait! Wait... It's not what it looks like. [Laughs and pulls out the remote] It's much worse.

And the place went in flames! One of my favorite moments in television history!

• Members

I love Jane! Not when she turned into a psycho in seasons 4 and 5 but everything else. It was fun watching someone so perky become so completely jaded by everything going on around her. She became a total cynic.

I've realised of all the characters, I hated Kyle the most. He sucked up so much screentime and was just so boring. He was cocky, arrogant and supposedly a hero. Craig Field is second on the list and Samantha creeps in there too. Dull.

Taylor's always seemed underrated to me. She wasn't much in season 5 but when TPTB just gave in and let Lisa Rinna play herself in season 6 she was actually fun to watch. :lol:

• Members

Melrose Place is definitely among my top 5 favorite shows of ALL TIME. It's what made me obsessed with Heather Locklear, LOL.

Amanda, Sydney, Michael, Kimberly, Jo were the best. I loved all of them. But I loathed and despised Billy (what in the hell were they thinking when they hired Andrew Shue?), Alison, Sam, Jennifer, Coop, Kyle and Ryan.

There were soo many great moments on that show: Amanda/Alison verbal b!tchfights, Jane/Sydney catfight in the pool, Kimberly back from the dead and the wig scene, Jo punching Kimberly at the hospital, Richard buried alive, and best of all, Kimberly's bombing of the apartment building.

There needs to be a reunion NOW.

• Members

Probably the best line in an Aaron Spelling show. Marcia Cross was so good as Kimberly. She was so psycho. She truly was one of those characters that you love to hate. Often people say that the show would have failed without Heather Locklear. I think it would have failed without Marcia Cross playing Kimberly.

Oh Drew, I can totally see her saying, "It's much worse...." One of the best cliffhangers EVER

• Members

OK, so, on a dare, I rewatched Rhonda's Dance Audition Episode and there was a LOT of good stuff in it...except Rhonda's audition.

There was the Jake/Alison GED drama and everyone at Melrose Place thought they were sleeping together and they ended up kissing each other. Really "ironic" considering Jake/Alison ended up dating each other. LOVED the scenarios Sandy and Billy went through trying to figure out how they seduced one another.

Did they ever bring up the minor flirtation when they developed feelings for each other later in the series?

So what if I'm a sap?! I liked the "character driven" MELROSE. I may have been the only one though. LOL.

• Members

You weren't the only one. I enjoyed it because it was good to see that kind of supportive group of friends on TV. It was 'nice'. I also don't think the later seasons would have had nearly as much impact without the slow build up because we got a chance to know the characters. When they started sleeping with each other and turning psycho, it was all the more shocking.

I don't remember the flirtation coming up in season 5. But then I'd completely forgotten it by that point anyhow. :lol:

• Members

Character driven storylines may have been good while they first aired on Melrose, but once the show went total camp, there was no turning back. If the show tried to do one of those stories from Season 1 in Season 5, there would be no Season 6 :lol:

• Members

OMG! I was just about to come and start a Melrose Place thread, no lie!!! I just put the Pilot episode in the DVD player. I got the complete first season about two weeks ago off eBay, but with the move never got a chance to start it...I am freaking loving it. MP was one of those shows we couldn't watch as kids...LOL. Most FOX shows were that way. I love it!!!

Didn't realize Darren Starr wrote the pilot.

LOVE MELROSE!!!!

Archived