Melrose Place

DrewH

• Members

For some reason, I suddenly remembered my love for Melrose Place. It could've been the 20 something videos I just watched on YouTube, but I really miss this damn show and thank God for Soapnet. I just wonder what they could do for a reunion show. I remember watching the E! True Hollywood Story: Melrose Place and most of the cast said they would be willing to return for a reunion special. WHERE IS IT?

Anyway, I know there are several fans of Melrose Place. So I created a place for people to just come in, reflect and express their Melrose love.

Lets remember why Mondays were such a b*tch :D

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been rewatching it this year after getting the whole series and am now up to season 7. It's not a classic by any means but viewing it a second time, I'd forgotten how much entertaining stuff there still is. Lexi being a total slut, crazy Eve, Jane and Michael [!@#$%^&*]ing over past misdeeds (though Alex Bastion was a total bore). I'd probably rate it over season 5 and they did cut out a lot of dead wood from the previous season.

ETA: A post in the DVD thread by bellcurve has reminded me just how much I loved the Alison/Amanda feud. It was hilarious how Amanda used to treat her like s-h-i-t and I've got to admit that even though I sometimes felt bad for Alison, it was just too entertaining watching her squirm as Amanda yelled at her for being "incompetent" or a "drunk".

Amanda: This probably calls for a celebration. Of course you'll use any excuse to have a drink. What was it this morning?

Alison: OJ. Straight up.

Amanda: Screwdriver's more like it. I can smell it on your breath. It's not even lunchtime and you're already into happy hour.

:lol:

• Members

I agree about Rhonda. I remember when I started watching Melrose Place on Style and E!, before they moved over to Soapnet, and I was shocked that there was a black person living in the building. For the love of God, I cannot even remember Rhonda from when I watched it back in 92. I was 5, but still, you would think I would remember, lol.

• Members

I was always surprised that it was Sandy who went first seeing as she could have been that [!@#$%^&*] character they were missing. But I think the actress was kicking up a stink so they decided to cut her loose whereas Vanessa Williams didn't have the dignity to leave of her own accord. :lol:

I'm surprised some people hate season 7 so much but it might just be because I'm watching it at the moment. The latter half of season 5 and most of season 6 were terrible in my eyes. Slimy Craig Field had no use, Alison and Jake were islanded with very little screen time, Samantha was beyond stale, Brett and Lexi flopped. I couldn't believe they'd hired Jamie Luner off the heels of Savannah and then had her playing this pill popping, nervous wreck who'd only been with one man her entire life. The fact they saw the error of their ways and turned her into a vindictive drunken slut is another reason for me to prefer season 7.

Randomly, something I've found weird rewatching is that Rob Estes will never, ever play a scene shirtless. Always a wifebeater on. The only scene he did "shirtless" had a strategically placed towel over his shoulder.

Archived