Y&R: Kathrine's secret reveled

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If this is true, LML has further f'd up this once great show and continues to turn it into contrived, plot-driven drivel. This NAZI WOMAN has to GO!!! I don't know how much longer I'm going to continue watching her destroy this show. I have a feeling that boring arse Prof. Doorbell is the "real" Phillip, explaining why Amber has been around Kay a lot and involved in this story, cause she'll be the spoiler with her connection to him.

Poor Bill Bell must be watching down on his show in terrible shame.

• Members

LML and her rewrites can go [!@#$%^&*] themselves.

She continues to get worse and worse. What a slap in the face to classic Y&R fans.

Guess that means Nina and Phillip IV's returns are pretty much dead in the water. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Bill Bell left behind a rich history for the writers after him to mine and instead, she decides to do the done over-and-over again "switched at birth" story?!

• Members

I'm actually surprised that Thom Bierdz would give away such a major plot point like that :blink:

Anyways...

Heh, it's actually decent. In fact this speculation has been running around the boards for weeks.

I really don't see the need to get upset over this when making Jill and Katherine mother/daughter was by far the stupidest thing the show has ever done. This doesn't even compare. Now you see if this is TOLD right, it could work.

If you were watching back then you'd know that saying Jill and Katherine hated one another was a huge understatement. They loathed one another. So, I can see Katherine doing this. Besides Katherine back then was a vengeful (but very entertaining) old broad who would have done anything to prevent Jill's son from having any of the Chancellor money. But as another poster pointed out on another board, the switch would have had to happen during when the baby was most likely in the hospital, because Jill was mostly surrounded with family (HER REAL FAMILY THE FOSTERS UGH) at the time, being only about 18 and all. So, I could see Katherine paying off one of the hospital staff to do her dirty deed.

Regardless of the story I just know Jenne Cooper and Jess Walton will knock it out of the park. Can you just imagine the ANGST between these two if these scenes are written good. I don't want Katherine and Jill making up just like that, I want to see both struggling and MONTHS of tension, which will ease over time. I'm just happy that next year these two will be in frontburner stories again.

I will say that 2007 will be a MAJOR sink or swim year for Y&R with most of these stories (Jack politics/Phelia/Katherine's past).

By the way, didn't Sheila swicth Lauren's baby back in the early 90's, so I really don't get all the fuss. And let's not forget what that Rose Deville did. Well atleast Y&R is using its past history to extend on future stories, even though I may not agree with some of the stories (Relizzzzz).

• Members

With JW in her late 50's and VI in his late 40s, they're only believable as brother and sister. I really wanted David to be Kay's son and Jill's brother, but since he isn't, is it possible he might be related to Victor down the line, once VI has signed on long term? I don't know a great deal about Victor's history, so I thought he might have an estranged younger brother or the tried-and-true "I got a girl pregnant when I was a teenager and didn't know anything about it" until some crisis reveals the Victor/David connection! :) VI said in the latest CBS SID that he suspected that David was adopted by his Asian-surname family, so once that's established on screen, then his GC family connections are wide open!

Archived