Y&R: Kathrine's secret reveled

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol:

Does it make me happy? No! It's rather sad actually. CBS or Sony, or whoever is in charge, allows this woman to continue to make a mockery out of Y&R and do nothing about it. They should've learned their lesson with the horrible reliquary storyline and now the stale as sh!t Carmen Mesta storyline. More fuel to the fire, I guess... :rolleyes:

Don't take comments seriously. You're not hurting anyone ;)

• Members

What destruction??? It's a storyline for crying out loud, a storyline that has been done on every soap ever made, and also been done on Y&R before so I don't get the destruction factor here, if anything all the spoilers I am reading have me excited for Y&R's future. Also like I have said in other posts if these storylines turn out to be busts I will say it, but I can't judge a storyline before it even airs. Yes the Reliquary crap is horrible and can't stand it, but most of the show is good and I am enjoying seeing the vets of Y&R more than I have in years.

• Members

I got disagree with you winterguy. ;) In a good way disagree. ;) But Y&R is quickly being destroyed. I dont agree with Drew's happy face though. I am sad at reading recents spoilers. Drew is happy because he has this fantasy Days will pass it. :rolleyes::lol::P

I just dont like them rewriting history with Philip. Thom Bierdz will always be Philip to me. This storyline is pure crap!

• Members

I agree that Thom Bierdz will always be Phillip Soapsuds. But I do want to see how this is played out. Hopefully ED can give her some pointers with this story, as he knows the history. If this story is crafted right, then I definitely see good things to come. But most of all I just want to see those two truly sink their teeth into something. I will say that I hope Katherine doesn't go back to the bottle, and I hope they include Nikki as she is Katherine's friend. I also hope Nikki gets a story next year, I'm so tired of Melody playing a supporting role. Like I said so far 2007 is a mix bag for Y&R, and it can sink or swim. It's all in the writing, because I know the performnaces will prevail.

• Members

Do you know that for a fact, Soapsuds? Do you read minds? Are you and Celeste Perrault one in the same? If not, keep your assumptions to yourself, thanks ;) Anyway, my smiley face was directed to my hopes and prayers that TPTB over at Y&R will do something about Hitler before Y&R becomes totally unrecognizable. Won't be much longer...

• Members

I was just watching a clip of Kay and Jill fighting in an attic with rats, throwing boxes at each other, etc., but people act like Y&R is so prim and proper when that has NEVER been the case. It's always had more than it's share of camp and some of the same soap opera tactics as the others, like switching babies. To me this story sounds great because most agree it was a mistake to kill Jill's son, plus it gives us another Chancellor which will give the family a boost. There is also the chance of a Billy return with David Tom now interested.

And the best part? Jess Walton and Jeanne Cooper will have a major story hopefully for quite a while! This perfectly fits into the past of Kay and Jill and I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that we can see them like we saw them in the attic back in the day! But of course if Latham did any catfights or old school Y&R camp everyone would say she's copying JER and destroying Y&R. *yawn*

• Members

LMAO! It would not surprise me. Then, once they get passed the Genoa City border, Ashley reveals a very much alive John Abbott to Abby, but she has to keep the secret. It's all a plan against Jack that was orchastraited by none other than Victor Newman :lol:

• Members

Great Post Chris B :) That scene in the attic is one of my all time favorites on Y&R in fact most of the Kay and Jill stuff from back in the day rank on my favorite list, so I for one am very glad they are doing this, hopefully we will see the two of them going at it soon again. Also you are right Y&R has always had campy storylines, and baby switch storylines, so I really don't know why these posters keep on saying the show is being destroyed. I don't think any storyline would make these people happy, in fact I am still trying to figure out what kind of story these posters want to see, because nothing makes them happy. If people want to see what a destroyed soap looks like they need to tune into ATWT now there is a show being destroyed.

• Members

After reading Chris B's post I see that this story could actually be good. If it can get Jill and Kay back to what made them great in their hayday, then I am all for it. Because this will no doubt spark that rivalry again. Latham is rewriting history here but like Chris said, its history that most fans at the time never wanted... that being Phillip killed off. So this could be very interesting to watch it all play out.

• Members

The more I think about it, the better this story seems to me. I mean, like some others of have said, Y&R used to have some good campy, over-the-top stuff, and that's something that's really been missing a lot lately. That's really why I couldn't stand the show for most of 2005, because it was missing the "fun" that used to be there.

And it would make sense for Katherine to have switched Jill's baby back then, it does.

I guess my upset at the storyline mainly stems from Phillip III's memory. Just a few years ago, when Katherine was drinking again, Thom Bierdz made an appearance as Phillip III in a dream sequence, trying to get Katherine to stop drinking. Why would Katherine feel so connected to him if she knew that he wasn't the REAL Phillip III?

Archived