Y&R: Kathrine's secret reveled

• Members

My original feeling was that Phillip III -- Thom B -- was a twin and Kay gave away the other one (this probably won't happen).... I always thought killing off Phillip III was a HUGE mistake in order to create the same tension with Jill/Nina as Jill/Kay, but it didn't work. I love Tricia Cast, but the story was forced and came too quickly. I have no problem with this s/l. Think of the ramifications -- Jill/Kay have been so happy that they are mother/daughter -- now Jill will be furious/resentful of Kay for 1) having giving away her real son; 2) having all that guilt over sending away faux-Phillip III because she was insecure when she married John, etc. Jill has always had an unnecessary hole in her heart because of Phillip's death. If this gives us more Jill/Kay on-screen, go for it. It all comes down to the writing.... If it is Adrian, at least we know he can act and he certainly could pass for Jill's son.

As far as Y&R being prim--does anyone remember how Jill used to fantasize about terrorizing Kay -- putting burning cream on her face after the face lift, the snakes in the bathtub. The 80s were pretty darn rad on a lot of fronts and guess when Y&R finally hit the top. If the writing holds up, we know Y&R's cast can pull it off -- not too many weak links there....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Although I think Jess Walton is the REALJill! I will admit that Brenda Dickson's Jill and Jeanne Cooper shared some great stories back then! That Brenda was truly one of a kind :lol:

Killing off Phillip was as big as a mistake as killing off Rex. I do admit that there was some great acting out of it though. I loved the Nina/Jill/Kay stuff. They really don't make the stories like they used to. And I'm not saying they should rehash old tories either.

And I HATE Adrian so please NO...not him!

• Members

It's most likely going to be Daniel Goddard because I read that he'll have a family connection to Genoa City. Many speculated that he'd be connected to the reliquary, but they didn't mention that. BTW, Vincent Irizarry is only three years older than Thom Bierdz so he's still my top choice!

• Members

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chris B @ Dec 27 2006, 07:16 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's most likely going to be Daniel Goddard because I read that he'll have a family connection to Genoa City. Many speculated that he'd be connected to the reliquary, but they didn't mention that. BTW, Vincent Irizarry is only three years older than Thom Bierdz so he's still my top choice!

Vincent is too old, he was born in 59 and Jess was born in 49. I found myself watching B&B the other day and thinking that Jack Wagner is looking older than his onscreen mother. When the age differences are so close with people over 40 it isn't hard for one to surpass the other. Unless Vincent is going to guarentee to load up on botox while Jess agrees to never try it, it won't work!!

As for the 6 month contract, all soaps should start them. There is no guarentee that a character will take off, even if portrayed by a fan fav. If everyone started on a 6 month basis and then was given a contract only when they proved themselves, the soaps could save a lot of money.

Archived