Two and a Half Men: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks!

I believe this is true to some extent. I mean, he's obviously burned some big bridges here. Still, if CS manages to pull himself together, he's also shown that he can capture people's attention. I won't be surprised if he comes out of all this with some other gig, probably on cable.

• Members

Back when I was 18 in college, my friends and I used to enjoy coke. It was the 80s and that's what you did. Anyway, soon our drug dealer (who delivered) came by offering us a free sample of a new kind of coke. Free is good, so we tried it and were blown away. Thankfully, being kids we were broke and couldn't buy more even as cheap as it was, and I guess my empty pockets saved me from a bad habit. I never tried it again, but I am glad I tried it once to know what it is all about. I tried a bunch of stuff once, just to experience it.

• Members

They tried to play off for years that she was in on the joke.

These people will do anything to get attention so they can get more money - if it means acting crazy and having everyone laugh at them, so be it. He reminds me a lot of her lately. I guess the main difference is she had people controlling her, and I'm not sure if he does. But in both cases it seems like nothing more than the public getting off on someone having a breakdown.

• Members

I think there is some truth to this, except that unlike people like Whitney, Brittany and Lilo, Charlie Sheen is more self aware and engaged with the public. He's also funny as hell. He has a ton of charisma, which is probably how he's been getting away with some of this bad behavior for so long. Plus he's a guy and a lot of people see him as "living the dream" as the eternal frat boy.

Whitney was obviously distressed and no one with a lick of sense ever believed otherwise. CS is doing a much better job of selling the idea that he's in control. I think he's done a really good job of deflecting the fact that doing massive amounts of coke has landed him in the hospital more than once. Not to mention, the allegations of violence.

The twitter thing seems particularly dangerous because he literally has over a million people egging him on. At the same time, this isn't his first rodeo. He's been doing drugs and hanging out with prostitutes for over 20 years, so I don't think there is an intervention in the world that is going to change his long term behavior. Not until he actually finds a real reason to stop. I saw some journalist or another talking about how CS was being "exploited" by the media. There is no way I agree with that. I think he knows exactly what he's doing.

Archived